“What an amazing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Cupertino, California
“What an amazing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been traveling to Topeka, Kansas on business for the last more than a year.

During this time I've been staying at the "Courtyard in Topeka" consistently, right from the first week. All along I've had a pleasant experience, be it room service, the cleanliness of the rooms and felt at home every single week (this is how frequently I stayed). The staff has been very kind, courteous, considerate, helpful and always wore a welcoming smile whenever I walked in. Amazing Staff and my hats off to their attitude.

I felt that I've been taken care of well, way beyond my expectations and hence truly cherish the time I've spent in Topeka. I have to say that the "service at this hotel is top notch ". Anytime I am in Topeka, this is where I will stay. I feel like the staff truly cares about my business. That which is so hard to find these days)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and our property. We appreciate people like you that choose us as your ''home away from home.'' None of us can imagine what that would be like and we do our very best to make you feel comfortable each and every time. Thank you very much for your business, and we hope that if business brings you back to the area we will see you again. Thanks again and take care.

Stephanie and the Courtyard Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Corvallis, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

While the staff are young friendly folks, better communication is needed at registration regarding the Maximus gym available to customers, and mold cleanup is needed for the room we stayed in (#201).

We checked in on a Sunday night with the only staff person apparently onsite. The frontdesk gal also fulfilled our request for the proper mattress pad to fit a king bed (rather than the queen that was on there) and extra pillows!

A little pet peeve: Why do they use old thin mattress pads with the little diagonal elastic at the corners? They audibly "pop" off like bread in a toaster as soon as you lay down, thus sentencing one to a fitful night of thrashing about in yards of untethered sheets?!! I think management should have to sleep in their own hotel beds before subjecting us to them.

My traveling companion was miserable for days with constant violent sneezing attacks, congestion, runny nose, red eyes, etc... We didn't realize the wallpaper under the blackout curtain near the A/C was soggy and hanging loose. We looked under it and saw lots of mold and mildew on the wall! We informed the front desk at check-out and they reduced our room charges a bit, but it's a business trip anyway!

The front desk did not tell us this Marriott has an agreement with the local Maximus athletic club, but apparently they do. Since we didn't know, we paid to use the club for a week. Wow! Try getting your money back from an athletic facility after they have it in their hands. It's impossible. The Marriott manager said we should not have been charged, but the Maximus front desk gal didn't know that & neither did we. The Maximus manager refused to refund our money and told us the Marriott would reimburse us. Very frustrating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Both myself and the staff at the Courtyard Topeka want you to know that we are very sorry your stay was not up to what you should expect at a Courtyard by Marriott. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your comments regarding your stay and we have corrected those items that you have identified. We are working with our staff to make sure every team member is properly trained in their positions and in communicating to our guests those amenities that are available at this hotel. Again, thank you for providing your input and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 785-271-6165 should you wish to talk to me further about your stay.

Stephanie Gassen
Assistant General Manager
Olathe,KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Hotel is "hidden" behind other properties. Traveler's, if heading north on Wanamaker Rd, virtually impossible to see--you have to know it sits back on the edge of the mall parking lot ( when heading S you can see a little better). For a business hotel, rooms size is nice--2 Q, sitting chair & desk area, you did not feel crowded. Free in-room internet is a plus. Convenient to shopping and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
We are a little hidden from the main road, which can be good and bad. Good so you don't have heavy traffic noise, and bad if you aren't familier to the area. Thanks for giving our future guests a heads up. For those travelers, look for the West Ridge Mall, we are located in their parking lot, behind the Chili's, Red Lobster and Olive Garden. I know those are great places to eat, but don't forget that we have a Bistro in our lobby with great options for breakfast and dinner.

I am, however, glad you found us and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time and again we appreciate you helping others find us with out any hassle. See you next time!
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Spent 4 days in July 2012 on a business trip at The Courtyard by Marriott in Topeka. The staff was amazing from beginning to end. The room was clean and comfortable. The desk area was adequate and easy to use. Yes I will stay there next time I am in Topeka.

Room Tip: My room on the third floor was lovely.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! Thank you! We are so glad to hear that you had an amazing stay! We hope to see you the next time you are on a business trip and in Topeka. See you again soon!
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had the opportunity to stay at night at the Courtyard. Overall I thought the staff was nice and accommodating. The Bistro seems like a good concept. I will the lounge area that is set off to the side. The cleanliness of that area could be better, but it's a nice gathering place. Overall the room was clean and the TV and internet worked great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to review our property. We love the new Bistro concept and all it has to offer, and we are so happy to hear you enjoyed it as well. I have addressed the issue of cleanliness of the lobby with the staff and we will continue to work on it. Thank you for choosing Marriott, and again Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.
Stephanie
Victoria, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Well, another family wedding and another great stay. We were able to get directions and maps from the staff and the large smart board in the lobby. Great staff and good stay. No problems with noise, and we were on the bottom floor near the end entrance. There is a mall just behind the property. We bought last minute clothes and gifts at the wonderful Burlington Coat Factory. Three of us gals got our nails done at a nearby nail salon. The water is consistently hot for your showers. Hotel is only 28 minutes from a casino, if that's an interest. We would stay again!

Room Tip: We have had good sleep and quiet on first floor and second floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Yey! I'm so glad you made it back...and had another great experience with us at the Courtyard Topeka! . I hope you got to try out some of the new items in the Bistro. We have a great Turkey Spinach and Artichoke sandwhich that is AMAZING! If you didn't get to try it here, you definately need to seek out a Courtyard near you and try it. Thank you so much for acknowledging us, we appreciate it very much, and hope to see you again in the future.

The Courtyard by Marriott Topeka Staff &
Stephanie, AGM
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was my first time staying at the Courtyard in Topeka. I thought I would write a review of my stay. Very very good. The hospitality was great. The hotel was clean and very convenient to many restaurants. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie G, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing us! Don't forget to try our Bistro the next time you stay with us for great dinner options like the new Spinach and Chicken Flatbread, or some of our Tai Sweet Chili wings. We also have Managers Specials on beverages, daily from 5pm-7pm. See you next time!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Topeka? Share your experiences!