While the staff are young friendly folks, better communication is needed at registration regarding the Maximus gym available to customers, and mold cleanup is needed for the room we stayed in (#201).
We checked in on a Sunday night with the only staff person apparently onsite. The frontdesk gal also fulfilled our request for the proper mattress pad to fit a king bed (rather than the queen that was on there) and extra pillows!
A little pet peeve: Why do they use old thin mattress pads with the little diagonal elastic at the corners? They audibly "pop" off like bread in a toaster as soon as you lay down, thus sentencing one to a fitful night of thrashing about in yards of untethered sheets?!! I think management should have to sleep in their own hotel beds before subjecting us to them.
My traveling companion was miserable for days with constant violent sneezing attacks, congestion, runny nose, red eyes, etc... We didn't realize the wallpaper under the blackout curtain near the A/C was soggy and hanging loose. We looked under it and saw lots of mold and mildew on the wall! We informed the front desk at check-out and they reduced our room charges a bit, but it's a business trip anyway!
The front desk did not tell us this Marriott has an agreement with the local Maximus athletic club, but apparently they do. Since we didn't know, we paid to use the club for a week. Wow! Try getting your money back from an athletic facility after they have it in their hands. It's impossible. The Marriott manager said we should not have been charged, but the Maximus front desk gal didn't know that & neither did we. The Maximus manager refused to refund our money and told us the Marriott would reimburse us. Very frustrating.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Topeka Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Topeka Hotel Topeka
- Courtyard Topeka
- Topeka Courtyard
- Topeka Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's a new stay at Courtyard by Marriott Topeka Hotel, the first choice of hotels in Topeka for today's traveler. Your food and beverage destination for refreshing breakfast choices in the morning, and a variety of dinner and cocktail options in the evening. The Bistro, added Fall 2011, also offers specialty beverages made with Starbucks® coffee to help you get a jump on the day.Innovative amenities, with free Wi-Fi and up-to-the-minute news and weather via our GoBoard®. 24hr fitness center, 24hr business center, and indoor pool and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Topeka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.