You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   901 SW Robinson Ave., I-70 and Wanamaker, Topeka, KS 66606   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Austin, TX
“Look elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Poor Wi-Fi and very high in-room movie prices are the reasons for this low rating.

Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear ManyMilesToGo,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations and apologize for the poor Wi-Fi available during your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reference # 27745433

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Delray Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

A standard room for one night cost me $120 and I feel I got service equal to that price. For the price, there wasn’t anything that blew me away, but there was nothing bad. The room was spacious with nice furniture, a comfy bed, a bottle of conditioner in the bathroom (not the usual cheap hair combo), and a large flatscreen tv on the wall with lots of choices. Room stains and wear were slight and easily forgivable. Breakfast was the standard hot food – cheese omelet, bacon, cinnamon rolls, etc. Of the cold options, I appreciated the inclusion of fat free milk, cranberry juice, and flavored cream cheese. The hotel staff was on the quiet side, and even though they could have been slightly more cheerful and smiled more, they were all still pleasant. The only real disappointment I had was the traffic noise. This was honestly the noisiest (car traffic-wise) hotel I can remember ever staying at. It sounded like the window was open; I noticed it the moment I first entered the room and had to immediately check. In disbelief that it was actually closed despite the sound, I kept going over to check throughout the night. The rooms are literally within throwing distance of the on ramp for the interstate. The revving engines are louder than the tv! The room’s air fan is quiet enough that it couldn’t drown out the sound even on a high setting. Maybe this problem could be fixed by planting a line of trees or building a thick property wall instead of the current tiny chainlink fence? On the plus side, I couldn’t hear any sounds from guests in adjoining rooms. So if you get a room on the opposite side of the building you’ll probably sleep fine. If it weren’t for this sound problem that kept me from sleeping, I’d probably give this hotel that 4th, above average star, but as it is I feel I got exactly $120 treatment and no more.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Purple_Tursi,

Thank you for taking time to leave a candid review, and for your recent stay. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. It is unfortunate your stay was disturbed by the ambient noise outside the hotel. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel is in the same area as the Hampton, Hyatt Place and many other hotels just off 70. I gave the Hampton a great review mostly due to the honesty and follow up of the staff in returning a cell phone I left. Let it be known that the bar is not high in Topeka, but much improved over 8-10 years ago.

This Holiday Inn Express is about par with the Hampton on the facility and rooms. Hampton was about $20 more per night, and the Hyatt Place was $45 more per night. Hilton points be darned, $20 is $20.

Nothing fancy, but gets the job done. Know the bar for hotels is not high in Topeka, but it's way better than 8-10 years ago.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on highway for most restful sleep. Hotel is well insulated so a road-side room is...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011 via mobile

This is a nice clean place to stay. The bed was comfy and The room was clean. When I was there it was not busy which was a bonus.

• Stayed December 2011
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed here on a Friday night and found it to be very nice. There were several signs around indicating they were doing some construction and updating. I didn't notice any construction during our short overnight stay although it did appear that our room had been updated. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. The bed was firm, yet comfortable. The breakfast buffet was nice and I did find some fruit (I had a banana). We stayed on the opposite side of the hotel from the highway side, but heard relatively no noise. I appreciated the quietness of an interstate hotel. The checkin clerk was fine, but not overly friendly. The woman there in the morning was very upbeat and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a room on the opposite side of the highway and heard relatively no highway noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This Holiday Inn Express doesn't stack up well against other Holiday Inn Express hotels. It has the new fancy signage, but inside is an old hotel. The area seems iffy, with an apartment/housing complex right next to the hotel. Three good things about the hotel: There are plenty of restaurants nearby, you have close access to the interstate, and the bed is comfortable. I was greeted at check in by an unfriendly worker. The room had damage, including the window, which allowed in noise and cold air. The shower also had damage. There were a few bugs in the room, probably because of the window issue. Outside of the room was a slamming doors fest (rude guests who slam their doors) and the old hotel with its paper thin walls made every sound and vibration feel like an earthquake. It's bad enough you ever have to be in Topeka, so pick a nicer hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed here going and returning on a trip to Colorado. No complaints what so ever. Room was large & clean, employees are friendly and breakfast is more than adequate. If you need a bed for the night with quick in & out this is a good place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chara901, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments! We really appreciate it! Hope your next HIE stays are excellent!

Chara M
Guest service manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker

Address: 901 SW Robinson Ave., I-70 and Wanamaker, Topeka, KS 66606
Location: United States > Kansas > Topeka
#3 Business Hotel in Topeka
#7 Family Hotel in Topeka
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka would like to welcome you to the Capital City of Kansas. Located at the crossroads of I-70, US-40, K-4, I-470 & 75 Hwys, our hotel is perfectly situated near all Topeka businesses and attractions. We are only minutes away from the State Capitol, Washburn University, Hummer Sports Park, Kansas Expocentre, Heartland Park Topeka, Forbes Field, and the Topeka Zoo. Businesses near the hotel include SCCA Headquarters, Goodyear, Target Distribution Center, local hospitals Stormont Vail and St. Francis, Resers Fine Foods, and Frito Lay. This hotel is designed with the smart traveler in mind. Our variety of room options offer enhanced space and amenities. Executive King Suites, Double Queen Rooms, and Handicapped Accessible Rooms are all available. We provide free High-Speed Internet (wired or wireless), as well as a business center with Internet access. Our Deluxe Breakfast Bar is stocked with biscuits and gravy, hardboiled eggs, fresh fruit, Smart Roast coffee, bacon or sausage, scrambled eggs, and our own delicious cinnamon rolls. You can swim all year long in our heated indoor pool or relax in the hot tub. Take a walk even on a snowy day on one of our treadmills in the fitness center. Do your laundry on site, or send it out to the dry cleaners. We also offer a conference room for any meeting needs you may have. Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express Topeka! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Topeka
Holiday Inn Topeka
Topeka Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka West I70 & Wanamaker, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.