“Always a good experience.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Topeka
LENEXA
“Always a good experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

A group of friends go to Topeka for the weenend every August for a set of competitive events, and we have stayed at the Comfort Suites for the last 3 years. New decor, great beds, comfortable room layout (mini-fridge, separate sitting area). The desk clerks are always helpful and nice and the breakfast, while no gourmet treat, is adequate and tasty. I think that this hotel offers good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Comfort150, General Manager at Comfort Suites Topeka, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
We are very pleased that your group had a pleasant and memorable experence at our hotel. We strive to be #1 in guest satisfaction and are improving daily. We look forward to serving you next year and can't wait for the opportunity to make your stay tops.
Thanks Again,
Greg Knoch

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed here for work and was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the hotel and my room. The staff is very nice and the hotel manager seemed to make sure we were all satisfied. The rooms had fridges, a living room area and decent speed internet. The free breakfast isn't great but it's not meant to be the most delicious - just convenient.

If I had to stay in Topeka again for work I would stay here due to it's cleanliness and affordable rooms. Probably wouldn't stay here on vacation - but I wouldn't go to Topeka for vacation anyway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Auburn, Ks. USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I took a tour of the hotel. I then reserved rooms for family coming from out of state to our reunion, July 20 & 21, 2012. I sent e-mail correspondence several times leading upto the reunion date. Each time my e-mail was answered promtly. I even sent an e-mail with directions to the family reunion. I asked if copies could be made available @ the front desk as family checked in. The hotel made copies and had them available as I had requested. Comments from family were these rooms are very nice, clean and the beds are comfortable. The rooms included a micro wave, refrigerator, sofa, and chairs. They also thought the room rate was very good. Some family enjoyed the use of the pool. The breakfast lounge is quite large, very nice, and clean. There were many breakfast items to choose from, both hot and cold. The staff was accomodating and seemed genuinely interested in making the stay enjoyable. The hotel is near the eating and shopping corrider on Wanamaker Rd., and within walking distance of some restaurants, as well as close to I70. Overall our family was very pleased! I will recommend Topeka Comfort Suites and will book my family again when they come to town. I will also look for other Comfort Suites when I travel. Thanks again Greg Knoch, GM and staff!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lindsborg, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My husband and I attended a work related conference at the nearby Kansas Museum of History and I looked around on Tripadvisor for a hotel close to the conference with positive reviews and we hit upon this hotel. I am glad we chose it. I found this Comfort Suites to be very clean and comfortable. The location is very convenient to I-70. There are many places to eat and shop just a short skip up the road. Hooters and Burger King are within walking distance. Wal Mart is just up the road as well. My first impression of the hotel was a bit shaky, as they have posted PARK AT YOUR OWN RISK signs all over the exterior of the building. This gives one, or at least me, a worried feeling, but our car was fine both nights in the parking lot. I appreciated the designated smoking spot being far from the front door. We never had to walk thru smoke when entering the hotel. I do see what previous reviewers meant about gaps in the door. Upon getting up in the morning and crossing the dark room toward the lighted door, there was a significant gap in the door that was letting a lot of light in. That being said, it really did not pose a problem during our stay. The noise level was also, at times, more than I really like in a hotel. Our next door neighbor liked to play his TV really LOUD. |Kids were running up and down the hallway for a time during the evening. I think most modern hotel construction is probably unfortunately not the best for being sound proof. It's really a shame that fellow hotel guests cannot respect one another and keep the noise down.
Our room was very comfortable with a big bed, sofa, chairs, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable and we had plenty of nice pillows. We did not use the breakfast facilities since we had to be up and out early each morning, but there was ample seating and even a very long tall bar type table with lots of seats that would be great if you were with a group. Very nice. It looked very clean. The pool area was very clean. The water seemed chilly so we did not swim, and it should be noted that this hotel does not have a hot tub. It does have a sauna, which was under repair during our stay. Overall, I liked this hotel and would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Choice Hotels are quickly becoming my favorite. This was my first stay here in Topeka, and I'll have no problem booking a room there again. Brilliant me made a reservation for the night before I got there and the girl behind the counter took no issue with that. The hotel is within about 1/4 mile of several places to eat and there was a Hooters across the street if you're looking for a watering hole. There's even a movie theater right up the street if you have time...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Wichita, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I bring my team here when we work in Topeka. I'm always happy with the service, cleanliness and the rooms. I only have 1 request of them - get with your internet provider and see if you can get more bandwidth. You can tell when everyone starts logging onto the free wi-fi because it slows...down....alot. OK, granted I was streaming on my iPad, but prior to 5 PM was great. I had no pixilation or buffering. After 5:30 or so, I had to switch to a lower quality to watch the game. It's not the fault of the ISP, just need to get a little more data through the pipes. Great housekeeping staff who seems to take pride in their work. The new GM was working nights and was thrown into a mess to clean up, but was handling it well. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Due a death of a family member, our family and extended family came to Topeka for a funeral and stayed at the Comfort Suites. We were able to reserve a block of rooms for a good price. The manager even allowed us to set up and hold a catered dinner in the breakfast area for family and friends after the wake. The desk clerk even helped us get ice, etc, We really appreciated this. The hotel is new and has contemporary decor. The room's are good size with a seating area with two chairs and a couch which is separated from the bedroom by a small partition. Beds were very comfortable. The lights appear to be dim when you turn them on but it's because they are using the energy efficient bulbs but they do get brighter but the bathroom isn't the best place to put on makeup with that lighting. The rooms also have a fridge and microwave in them. The alarm clock has an MP3 plug in so you can hook up your ipod, etc.

Breakfast was good with lots of choices. It included hot items like eggs and sausage and a waffle maker with regular or strawberry pancake mix.

The only reason this hotel got a 4 star instead of a 5 is because of noise. You can hear people above you walking around and doors slamming early in the morning outside of our room which woke us up. I suggest you bring a sound machine or plug in your ipod to drown out the noise. Good place to stay if you need lodging in Topeka.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor room if you don't want to hear people walking around above you.