“I have stayed at better places for the money” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Topeka
Pawnee, Oklahoma
“I have stayed at better places for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband stayed here for 2 weeks on business so the kids and I went and stayed with him for a couple nights. We travel a lot and see a lot of hotels. This one was just average. Wasn't really anything major wrong, but I wasn't really impressed either. The room was really big and the beds were comfortable, but the breakfast was just average. Pretty much the same thing everyday. My husband got pretty burnt out on eggs and biscuits and gravy and sausage every day. Some variety would have been nice. There is only 1 elevator for a 4 story hotel so be prepared to wait if you have to go up or down. There was a nice pool and hot tub but the last day we were there the hot tub had brown stuff floating in it so we didn't use it. Also, there were never any pool towels it seemed like. Also, when we got our bill the rate varied between $79 and $160 a night! That is a big jump in prices so be forewarned if you are staying a long time. I don't feel like this is a $160 a night hotel at all.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear chamberchick,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I am glad that you liked our big rooms and the comfortable beds. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We regret the issues you encountered with our breakfast variety, room rate and pool facility. We want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to ensure guests do not experience the same scenario in the future.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Charisse V.

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wickliffe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This Holiday Inn has a somewhat small parking lot, and is not for anyone traveling with a trailer. The Staff are helpful and very friendly. Breakfast is fine. The location is fine, and contrary to some reviews, NOT hard to find and get to. The Hotel is very clean and fairly new so it is in very good condition. The reason I will NOT stay again is not a problem with the Hotel, or the chain, even though it is a bit pricey. The problem is with the clientele. Kids running a muck and when the staff complained to the parents, the parents refuse to do anything. We stay in the Topeka area numerous times throughout the year, and our "usual" hotel was booked. From the reviews, we chose this Holiday Inn. Like I said, we will not stop here again. I do not have a problem with kids, but when they are totally out of control, that is another matter. I do not know if this was just a freak event or the norm for this location, but once was enough for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
madan r, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Sir: We are very sorry to hear about inconvenience and discomfort that you had to experience during your stay. You have our complete attention and We thank you for bringing this to our attention. As much as we love every guest including children , we are equally keen to make everyone's stay most comfortable and enjoyable.
I assure you that we will make every effort to avoid this in future by making changes internally how the rooms are assigned and be very watchful if we notice any disturbance and noise created.
I hope you will accept our sincere apology and allow us to serve you again.
Regards
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Not my best experience with HIE. Looking at other reviews for this hotel, I may have just hit a bad month. Rooms were not vacumned on a daily basis. Bathroom condiments not in my room on one stay. Broken iron on another stay. Breakfast bar did not have fruit on mutliple days. The last incident involved arriving to room in late afternoon to find it hand not been cleaned. Room was not cleaned and avaiable until 6:00 pm. When on extended stay there is no where else to go while you wait for your room to be serviced.Follow up from HI on my complaint was lacking and inadequate. However, I do give a big thumbs up on the fitness room. Spacious and great variaty of equipment. Would love to go back if just for the amenities but give up too much on the service. Do not intend to retrun to this HIE. Will try another local hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear tnile,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Topeka.

Karen G.
Bucyrus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel was very well located. The lobby was welcoming and warm. The staff was great. I had a non functioning fridge, they replaced it right away,, that was great. The breakfast was good. The room was clean.

Room Tip: Don't plan on using the internet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear ldnj2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodations, staff services, breakfast option and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Lera P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My name is Brandon Gould . I am from Liverpool NY and I was headed west to Kansas for my job .Ive been to hotels all over the east and to the west and this hotel has the BEST SERVICE I have ever had .. we were greeted by Stephanie with a big smile and welcome ..we had been there previously for only one night a month prior and she remembered me and all my employees I brought ..that's great customer service right there. she has done everything in her power to make sure our stay was the best around ..I hope they reward her for such a great job.. definitely a 5 star employee. The rooms were very clean and updated ..The food was great .. All the amenities were great as well .I would suggest to anyone going thru or even to go out of your way to stay here ..you will enjoy every minute of your stay .. I know I did ! Great job Steph !!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mrattan, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your amazing 5 star review!!! So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for sharing your experience. We hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you to the area.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hands down the best hotel I've stayed at so far in Topeka!!! The staff was awesome!!! I felt like royalty. Justin checked me in and was incredibly fast and friendly. I didn't spend much time in the room but it was great. The Pool area was relaxing and the gym! Oh man the gym was outta this world!!! Only gym I've stayed at during my travels to Topeka that had free weights and bulking equipment, such a treat! Great location just off the highway, super quiet!!! Breakfast was excellent! So many choices. I had a hearty helping of pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, a cinnamon roll and oj. Justin even recognized me from the day before BY NAME!!! He even went above and beyond to make me a special cup of coffee mixed with hot coco which I was told by another guest was his specialty. If your looking for a great hotel to stay at with superb staff then look no further!!! You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: if your a fitness nut like myself. check out the gym!!! Its fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for this AWESOME 5 star review!!! I have shared your experience with the staff and they were all so honored you acknowledged their hard work and dedication to customer service. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with the service we are proud of.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Decided to visit family in Topeka for the holidays and after calling several hotels, chose this location. Could not of been happier with out selection! The pool and spa was awesome! nice and hot. The breakfast was amazing and Pam who took care of us during our stay did a great job. The front desk staff was so nice and friendly. Justin checked us in and took such great care of us the two days we were there. He suggested so many great places to eat and things for my family to do. We used the meeting space to hold a little holiday party and he took great care of us. If your headed to Topeka, stay at this hotel. The staff really make you feel at home and treat you like family. Thanks everyone there for doing such a great job. we were in excellent hands!

Room Tip: nice and quiet location!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this 5 star review and sharing all of your wonderful and positive comments with us. So glad to hear you had such a great experience with us!!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North? Share your experiences!