“Very nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Kentucky
“Very nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Nice place to stay. Our rooms were very clean and large, hotel staff were very friendly and the hot breakfast was very filling. The pool and hot tub was well kept. The beds was very soft and the hotel was easy to find. The hotel did offer room service however we did not get this. My daughter is unable to drink sodas and the vending machine only had sodas however the staff turned on the juice dispenser and left it on for her all night. This was very impressive to me. If traveling thru Topeka I will stay here again. The only down side was the wireless internet was down but that is was very minor to us and did not affect our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Even tough the hotel is only a few years, I won't stay there again. Our group of 8 to 10 room rate was the same discounted price as my AAA rate. The group clerk handling our reservation was fairly helpful but the hotel operates with a "minimal", less than customer friendly staff. The building looks boring and cheaply built with absolutely no landscaping or ambience. The one elevator was inconvenient and "extremely" slow and there were rowdy children loudly stomping up and down the stairs. The bathroom was poorly lit and the shower curtain was not long enough which leaked a lot of water on the floor. Even tough my bed was very comfortable and the room was clean, I wish I had been at The Senate Suites where my other family members stayed. I didn't stay there so I can't personally review the accommodations, but the hotel is a beautiful, historic building, their two bedroom suite was large, the bathroom modern, and because I paid the tab, I know it cost less than my boring hotel room.

Room Tip: Don't stay above the second floor unless you have lots of time to wait on the elevator or want t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Sue F,

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is unfortunate you were not fully satisfied with our hotel, but I am pleased you did find your room clean and your bed comfortable. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel, and your feedback will help us to do so.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Wichita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It is apparent that the owners went the extra mile when building this hotel as there are lots of nice upgrades, like the tile in the shower and even the trash can (heavier and nicer than the plastic model you find at most hotels). It's these somewhat minor details that impressed me during our very short stay. The bed was super comfy and cozy, the elevators were clean, and everything was in great shape. Our room faced the highway but it is set back far enough that we didn't hear any road noise. It is a little off the beaten path for most Topeka activities but it was worth the drive. The room seemed very clean, but my only criticism was that there were some black scuff marks on one wall that could probably be removed with some elbow grease. Otherwise it was a very nice hotel and we will definitely be back during our next Topeka stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
West Chester, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a very large room with a microwave and a fridge - nice additions when bringing leftovers back. The hotel seemed brand new, it was so clean. A pool and a hot tub with an extensive weight room make it one of the best hotels I've been in for awhile - and at a very affordable price. Richard at the front desk was very accommodating to our needs also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

All the rooms were very nice and new. There were several restaurants that were extremely close to the hotel. there was also a walking path just to the south of the hotel passed the townhouses that came in very handy for morning walksl

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for two nights this week when I traveled to North Topeka for business. My room was very large and included a sitting area (with couch and chair) and a kitchenette. The room, and the hotel overall, was very clean, updated and well-maintained. Staff were helpful and pleasant.The complimentary breakfast was well-stocked - decent, but not great tasting. If I was in the area I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I stayed here a while ago for one of our sons tournaments. The rooms were spacious, as well as they were very clean. Everyone there was in good spirits and were very helpful with any questions that we had about the surrounding area. I was very pleased with our stay and would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Topeka North? Share your experiences!