“Weekend Get Away for Annivesary” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Topeka
Fort Riley, Kansas, United States
“Weekend Get Away for Annivesary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the quiet weekend with restaurants close by. The room was clean and comfortable and we were allowed to take our little dog. It was a quiet weekend with out any interruptions. The pool and spa were nice and clean to relax in. Breakfast was great with the eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and biscuits & gravy. Was fantastic for our little get away to be alone for the weekend. It is a place we will be remembering for our trips to Topeka and want to spend the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wichita, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is my second time staying at the Sleep Inn in Topeka. It is close to restaurants, tourists activites and has easy access to I-70. The hotel has been remodeled since the last time I stayed there and is very nice. The breakfast has been improved to include hot bacon, eggs and sausage although the bacon was not very cooked both mornings I ate there.
Overall the staff was very nice, even to the point of shipping us an item my wife had left. I intend to stay here again, hopefully next time the breakfast attendant knows hot to cook bacon!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
First of all, let me thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites. We appreciate your business and are happy to hear that your overall experience at our hotel was good. I apologize for breakfast not being up to your expectations and have personally looked into the matter of the bacon not being hot when you picked some up. I have re-instructed out breakfast attendant and this matter has been resolved. Thank you for your comment. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Topeka, KS.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here in two rooms for four nights. The hotel was located near many restaurants and shopping areas. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Best of all they allowed us to have our cat in one of the rooms for a small fee which was great! The kids loved the salt water pool and spa. If we have to travel to that area again, we will probably go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here just as much as you enjoyed staying here. We hope that you will choose us again when you are in the area next time!
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

After reading several bad reviews on the hotels where I usually stay, I was hesitant at first since as I'd never stayed at a Sleep Inn...we were driving from Ohio back to Colorado and decided to stop in Topeka.....stopped and "surfed the net" outside of KC to make sure we could find a place.....I was pleasantly suprised....although it looks like they still have a bit of remodeling to finish, the place was clean, quiet and situated right in the middle of everything you'd ever want....food/shopping etc.....Jennifer at the front desk was pleasant and more than helpful when answering questions....the room looked like an upscale "boutique" hotel and I loved the microwave and the fridge in the room.....the breakfast the next morning was more than adequate...my SO loved the BACON....If all of the Sleep Inns are of this caliber, I'll be a frequent customer....:)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for styaing with us and taking the time to fill out a review on us! We appreciate your business and look forward to being your brand of choice in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

On my cross country drive in a Uhaul, with car trailer in tow and three cats with their tails out of joint, its difficult to plan your trip to reserve rooms in advance. However finding hotels that accommodate pets AND have comfortable rooms is usually a challenge when stopping spur of the moment. Sleep Inn in Topeka accommodated me and my pets when we pulled in at 10 p.m. But the best part was, the modern updated feel of the hotel. Once in our room, the atmosphere continued the theme with the cheery green paint and modern bed linens. Then the real prize, the beds were COMFORTABLE!!! Plus a fridge, safe and all the amenities, for no more than the average Super 8 or La Quinta (which we stayed in also with stale smoke scented rooms and urine odor bathrooms, yuck). What a superior value. Plus I woke the next day with NO back pain! Thank you Sleep Inn for being the best hotel I stayed at on my long adventure!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Let me first say thank you for staying with us. It is always nice to be appreciated by our guests who have had a great experience at our property. We hope to see you again in the future.

We also appreciate the Wizard of OZ reference (There's no place like home...or in this case, Sleep Inn)
Lawrence, KS, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for two nights to attend an event in Topeka. Our room was very clean and quiet and there was a large walk-in shower. The beds were extremely comfortable. The only disappointment was the included breakfast where amounts did not seem to correlate to number of guests staying there. Breakfast was served 7-9am. On Saturday we went down at 8:20 and could smell bacon. But no bacon and eggs were available. The attendant did make some more eggs. On Sunday we went down at 8:15 and there was not even a bacon smell. We were told there would be no more bacon or eggs coming. That said, there were other choices available.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Ed P, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We appreciate your opinion and are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. I would however, like to appologize for the breakfast being out of items that you wanted. We have adjusted our food orders so this wil not happen again. Thanks again!
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This hotel is newly remodeled and just wonderful! Normally I stay at nicer hotels (just two weeks earlier at the JW Marriot in Orlando, FL), but traveling with my family we need a more low key place to stay. This hotel has everything, nice rooms that can compete with any high scale hotel, beautiful new lobby and eating area. The breakfast was great with waffles, scrabbled eggs, bacon, sausage and the usuall other cereals and pastries. They even brought out fresh eggs at 8am when breakfast was over at 9am.

The rooms were very nicely done and while there were lots of families staying there at the same time I didn't hear any other guests other than when they might be talking in the hall as they walked by and that was only an energetic 3 or 4 year old that didn't have an "inside voice" at the time, lol.

The beds were wonderful! We enjoyed our stay greatly and will stay there again on our next trip.

Room Tip: We stayed right across from the pool on the first floor and didn't hear any noise from the pool...