“Special Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Raytown
“Special Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food and service were excellent. Contemporary American tasting menu at a supreme value. Meals of this caliber in Kansas City would be at least 150.00 per person and it was 37.00 for the entire 6 course tasting menu. Everything was very fresh and house made. I would go back.

Visited April 2013

92% Recommend
Lawrence, Kansas
“Excellent food. Good service. Wait staff finally keeping hands to themselves.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Tasting menu was delightful. I very much enjoyed the variety. Ambience was perfect. My dining partners were pleased.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Concordia, Kansas
“A Buried Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

From the moment we walked in,til leaving,this place was simply put....AWESOME!!! It was our anniversary and i wanted to celebrate it in a special way. Boy were we blown away! This place is fabulous! We were greeted at the door as if we were invited to dinner! It was literally like going to visit friends!I made the reservations a week in advance,with no problem!Who would have thought,that such a restaurant would be tucked amongst these unpretentious yet elegant rowhouses!! If you are looking for a quiet,romantic, intimate restaurant,then look no further! As a matter of fact,one review I read,said that he/she felt as though other diners could overhear them...And that person has no idea how right he/she was!! We were overheard!!!Speaking in German,because during the course of the evening,a couple at the table across from us spoke to us in German as they were leaving! So this place is very intimate! To Flint,Jesse,Rusty and all the others I did not meet,GREAT JOB! You guys made sure we weren't in the dark! They explain and describe every portion of the meal as they bring it.And we were STILL surprised when it arrived!haha. Now,if you're like most folks,you've grown accustomed to huge portions piled high on a plate. Not here!! But you will leave comfortably satisfied,without being so overstuffed that you have to loosen your belt! They even brought us an extra dessert..because of our anniversary!Like I said,very attentive! One thing I did miss....They didn't help my wife into her coat,maybe it's an American thing,but since he brought it to us.........just saying..... But aside from that,it was a very pleasurable dining experience.It is going to be very hard to top this!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lawrence, Kansas
“Surprisingly good for Topeka.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice, intimate restaurant with sophisticated tasting menus. Wine list had some nice surprises on it, but otherwise nothing special.

A word of advice to the owners: Tell your wait staff to keep their hands to themselves. I do not like to touched by strangers in familiar ways. It pretty much creeps me out. Also, I get uncomfortable trying to decide whether to make an issue of it or not. Even my wife noticed, and asked why the waiter had his hands on me.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“I can't believe this restaurant is in Topeka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have eaten at Rowhouse twice. Each time the food and overall experience was excellent. There are so many mediocre (at best) restaurants in Topeka. Rowhouse sets itself from the rest - by a mile.

• Visited December 2012