“A Buried Treasure!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Concordia, Kansas
“A Buried Treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

From the moment we walked in,til leaving,this place was simply put....AWESOME!!! It was our anniversary and i wanted to celebrate it in a special way. Boy were we blown away! This place is fabulous! We were greeted at the door as if we were invited to dinner! It was literally like going to visit friends!I made the reservations a week in advance,with no problem!Who would have thought,that such a restaurant would be tucked amongst these unpretentious yet elegant rowhouses!! If you are looking for a quiet,romantic, intimate restaurant,then look no further! As a matter of fact,one review I read,said that he/she felt as though other diners could overhear them...And that person has no idea how right he/she was!! We were overheard!!!Speaking in German,because during the course of the evening,a couple at the table across from us spoke to us in German as they were leaving! So this place is very intimate! To Flint,Jesse,Rusty and all the others I did not meet,GREAT JOB! You guys made sure we weren't in the dark! They explain and describe every portion of the meal as they bring it.And we were STILL surprised when it arrived!haha. Now,if you're like most folks,you've grown accustomed to huge portions piled high on a plate. Not here!! But you will leave comfortably satisfied,without being so overstuffed that you have to loosen your belt! They even brought us an extra dessert..because of our anniversary!Like I said,very attentive! One thing I did miss....They didn't help my wife into her coat,maybe it's an American thing,but since he brought it to us.........just saying..... But aside from that,it was a very pleasurable dining experience.It is going to be very hard to top this!!

• Visited January 2013

Lawrence, Kansas
“Surprisingly good for Topeka.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Nice, intimate restaurant with sophisticated tasting menus. Wine list had some nice surprises on it, but otherwise nothing special.

A word of advice to the owners: Tell your wait staff to keep their hands to themselves. I do not like to touched by strangers in familiar ways. It pretty much creeps me out. Also, I get uncomfortable trying to decide whether to make an issue of it or not. Even my wife noticed, and asked why the waiter had his hands on me.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“I can't believe this restaurant is in Topeka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have eaten at Rowhouse twice. Each time the food and overall experience was excellent. There are so many mediocre (at best) restaurants in Topeka. Rowhouse sets itself from the rest - by a mile.

• Visited December 2012
“Place was awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Heard about this place on here and decided to take my girlfriend there. Never been to a place like that and the service was great! When we arrived we were walking to the door and the chef met us at the door and greeted us by name (hello so and so) then he took us to our seat. The server was great,he explained each dish very well as each one came, he even recommended a different beer that accented each dish well! The food was amazing, my girlfriend hates fish and she even enjoyed the mahi mahi..wow, the place blew my mind! I do think it felt like you were being overheard by the other people but I really could've cared less...it was one of the coolest experiences either one of us have ever been to, especially in topeka! The price is definitely worth the experience! Go on Wednesday its cheaper and you get a lil bit of everything. Oh yeah, and make a reservation...

Topeka, Kansas
“Not so good today”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have loved the Rowhouse, but tonight was a bummer. The menu was not Chef Greg's, and obviously so. The very arrogant, full-of-himself waiter said the 2 chef's who came up with the menu had been in Nashville (or somewhere) visiting 17 restaurants in 3 days. We weren't impressed. Pears for the appetizer and for dessert. Soup was excellent. The beef entree was underwhelming and the salmon was, well....a chunk of frozen salmon, unadorned, baked in the oven at home would have been better. One of the desserts was some hard, cold caramel stuck to the little paper cup it came in. The waiter had an air of self-importance, and was challenging and defensive at times. It's always to celebrate a special occasion that we go to Rowhouse - this was very disappointing.

• Visited November 2012