“Dissapointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 26 hotels in Tupelo
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I use to stay quite often at marriott cy but this one was a real dissapointment. The fitness room was well equipped but the receptionist was overchallenged when i told her that the water dispenser was empty and asked for a refill. She smiled and promised to get this do.e within next couple of days!!! Only after I started to complain, she agreed to get it refilled right away. I can only give 3 points for the cleaning as the wall behind the toilette looked disgusting...dont want to know what was on it ...and a cockroach zig-zaged between me feet when getting up at night. The a/c was very loud and not cooling! When reporting all of this the next morning, the receptionist (a different one!) Was very sorry and promised to get everything fixed and took 25 usd off the bill. Very positive was the breakfast. It was good and the staff was really friendly and I appreciated that it was not served on and with plastic!

• Stayed September 2012
Mya P, Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
’m concerned about the your experience at our hotel during your visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Please accept my sincere apology.Please be assured that the issues you’ve raised have been addressed and the appropriate actions have been taken. Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Yours In Hospitality,

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in June and after the first morning of cold shower, learned that even if I changed my room, that would not guarantee I would have warm water in the am, high use period. Got around this by taking shower in the evening. Staff said this was a problem but would not offer room discount. Stay at the Hilton instead until this gets fixed. Too bad because the rest was fine.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mya P, Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I apologize for the water situation during your stay. I know how that can make a horrible start to your day. That situation has be resolved. I hope you give us the opportunity to stay at our newly renovated Courtyard by Marriott in Tupelo again, and experience our sourthern hospitality.

Lancaster, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The reason I chose to stay at the Courtyard was because of the outdoor pool while my husband was working.They say a King room will accommodate 4. But, here is not enough room for even two kids to sleep on the pull out bed, We have four people, so we had to switch rooms. The staff was very nice and quickly allowed us to change after the first night, but to our surprise the three consecutive days our key wouldn't work, It is very inconvenient to find out your key doesn't work day after day. After switching to our new room, we decided to go to the pool. After checking twice,it was 12:00, the pool still wasn't open. The same pool tools I had seen the night before were still out on the deck. So, I asked a staff member about the pool, and she called to find out why it wasn’t open. She said she would call us when maintenance was finished, but we never received a call. Finally, we just went downstairs, and the gate had been unlocked. Looking around the pool area, trash was filled to the top of the trash can, lots of cigarette butts and trash covered the pool deck, and bugs were in the pool. My daughter said the beer box hanging out of the trash can had an expiration date of 2011 on it. It may have been there that long because the trash was piled so high! When I looked in the pool there was a beer tab from a can on the bottom of the 5 foot, and it stayed there during our entire stay, along with an old, worn out water hose that remained there. The whirlpool was closed. It had a blue tarp halfway covering it. Bugs were all over the pool, so I decided to use the net to clean them out myself. I had to do that each day or else swim with the bugs. After about 5 minutes of laying out, my daughter said she smelled gas fumes, and I could smell them, too. Needless to say, we could only stay at the pool for about an hour before you became lightheaded. Windows were filthy and landscape grown up. Not what my perspective of what a Courtyard should look like.Since we couldn’t stay outside for very long, we wanted to use the internet. Once again, a huge Courtyard disappointment…on every device we had: three computers, an Ipad, and three Iphones. We could only get one bar of Wifi, and it was extremely slow. We were often dropped off the network after only five or ten minutes.
My last complaint is how you could hear everything and anything that was going on around you. Every time the people above us walked around you could hear them. So every morning we were up at 7 whether we wanted to be up or not. It was so loud there is no way anyone could have slept in. It was by far the most disappointed I have ever been in a Marriott hotel. I will never stay at this Marriott hotel again.The entrance, lobby, and rooms in this hotel are very nice and pretty, and the beds are comfortable

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful and incredibly up to date! The staff is wonderful and incredibly helpful. Raven, the night manager, was AWESOME! Totally worth it!

• Stayed June 2012
Mya P, Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you very much for being our guest, and for writing a fantastic review. We hope we are your choice the next time you are in the area. We are very proud of our renovations, and our associates.

Killen, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This place is great!! I stayed a couple nights and the folks there are super nice. The lady who came to check my tv was the best,I had no idea my tv wasnt working and she ended taking care of it. All the ladies were so friendly and they made you feel you was the only one there,and that was pretty cool... I will stay there everytime Im in Tupelo. THANKS LADIES!!

Room Tip: To get a good room,, just stay there!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Mya P, Manager at Courtyard Tupelo, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for staying here and taking the time to review our hotel. We do hope you return in the future, and we will do our best to serve your lodging needs.

Sincerly,

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband was in Tupelo for business and we stayed here. Very nice and well decorated with great staff members. We were very comfortable and when we are back in Tupelo we won't hesitate to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanking you for staying with us doing you travels. We strive for great hospitality, and I am glad you see that at our location. Please do not hesitate to contact us with your future lodging needs.
We hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospatility

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Mixed bag on our first stay here. They were undergoing renovations so some disruption is to be expected. First off, the front desk clerk was too busy restocking the items in the commisary that it took them 5 minutes to realize we were standing there waiting to check in. Not a good first impression. But she was very nice and apologetic for not seeing us there so it was fine. Room was clean, no complaints there. Bathroom toliet lid would not stay up by itself which was annoying. Bed was super comfy which is the most important part to me in getting a good night's sleep. Typical Marriott bedding which was divine. Breakfast was a disappointment. They ran out of everything except for sausage, bacon, and grits and they had a whole hour to go for breakfast. Granted it was Mother's day but how do you run out of eggs?? Overall we enjoyed our stay and would give them another chance once the renovations are complete to bring this up to a 4 star experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Since your stay we believe we have worked out our renovation "Kinks", and would like the opportunity to exceed your expectations. We hope you come back soon.

Sincerly,

Front Ofice Manager

Been to Courtyard Tupelo? Share your experiences!