“Found Vanelli's by accident” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Found Vanelli's by accident”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

On our way from Charlotte to Oxford, MS, my wife and I stopped at Vanelli's looking for a non-chain restaurant. The food was excellent, as was the service. We also had a long conversation with Mr. Vanelli, the owner, who is charming, entertaining and gracious. The croutons on the salad bar were exceptional, and my wife bought a bag to serve at the Grove in Oxford during the football game.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Average says it all...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

It was an OK place to go. Average service. Standard Buffet-quality food. Awkward wait staff, but nice. Altogether a ho-hum experience, but not a bad one.

Visited November 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great meal, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

On 10/25/2013, My girlfriend and I travelled to Tupelo for the start of a four-day "Elvis weekend" and had the good fortune to stop at Vanelli's for dinner. The service was excellent. Our waitress was "Brandy", a very sweet and gracious college student. We ordered a pepperoni, sausage, and pineapple pizza and a plate of spaghetti with meatballs. The meal was wonderful. The pizza was as good as I have ever eaten anywhere, NYC included! It was not greasy, as most pepperoni & sausage pizzas are. We found that the restaurant takes the time to boil its sausage before it is prepared for the pizza, which removes almost all the excess oily juices. The restaurant also buys top quality pepperoni in long rolls, not the pre packaged sliced pepperoni used by most restaurants. I would rank the pizza as #1. As for the spaghetti with meatballs, well it was likewise incredibly tasty and fresh! All in all, a perfectly wonderful meal, as good as any restaurant I have been to, and Patty and I live in the Washington, DC area, with thousands of restaurants to choose from. At the conclusion of our great dinner, the owner/manager, Mr. vOz Vanelli, visited with us for a bit, making the start of a wonderful weekend even more memorable. For friendliness and fine food, I recommend Vanelli's Restaurant highly. I only wish it were located in northern Virginia or MD, where Patty and I live!

-Rick & Patty

They actually delivered us pizza in the the Tupelo Airport
It was very good. A little pricey. very Friendly

Visited September 2013
tupelo
“A Restaurant We Call Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Sunday lunch at this restaurant. This is a normal practice for us as we are fond of places that offer pasta variety. What has endured us to this particular place is the quality of food we receive every time we visit. On the buffet we find our favorites every Sunday: Baked ziti, chicken tetrazzini, mac& cheese, and lasagna. In addition, we have come to expect a few surprises with vegetables and meats to complement the buffet opportunities. If I knew I had only one more meal to eat, the tetrazzini classico would probably be my choice. It is really great and it is great every time I eat from the buffet or from the menu.

But the reason we call this home is the service. This is a place we know we are welcome and a place we are valued. From the moment you enter the door there is a smile and a sincere invitation to sit and dine. From that point until we leave we are treated as someone special.
After 25 years we still keep going back. We keep going back because it is home. It is home because Vanelli's is important to us. Vanelli's is important to us because we were first important to them.

Visited October 2013