“I had a very nice stay. We were in and out quickly over the...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tupelo
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We travel to this area at least 2-3 times a year and have stayed here 3 times for a week or more each time. The staff is Very Friendly and helpful and the Hotel is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Carthage
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Couldn't get in my room when checking in, because housekeeping didn't have the security bar pulled away, and it hooked when I tried to open the door. I notified the desk clerk, and then waited forever to get another room, to check into.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Southaven, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here on a group rate with my daughter's soccer team. A big shout-out to Stephanie who worked with me getting aforementioned group rate. I was not in the best of moods when talking to her on the phone, but she was very professional and was able to accommodate me and left me with a good impression even before I got to the hotel.

We had a room with two queen beds, and each bed had four pillows of varying firmness for your sleeping pleasure. The beds were comfortable enough for me to sleep for eight hours, which I almost never do.

Breakfast one morning was scrambled eggs and bacon (which was fully cooked), biscuits and gravy, waffles, tortillas (for breakfast burritos), individual bowls of cereal, muffins, and toast. The next day the scrambled eggs and bacon had been replaced with little pre-made omelets, breakfast potatoes and sausage patties.

The water pressure in the shower was so strong that it about took my skin off.

I was disappointed with the manager's reception on Saturday night; it was not what I was expecting. There were two chafing dishes of chicken nuggets, three sauces (bbq, ranch, and yellow mustard), and a cooler with some iced soft drinks. I was expecting a wider variety of snack foods and adult beverages.

The room was clean and had a fridge and a microwave. The beds were comfortable, especially with such a choice of pillows. The hotel was just a little out of town but very easy to get to.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the back (even numbered), so we had no noise from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wingate Hotel T, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tupelo, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello!

I am so glad you wrote so much detail in sharing your experience. First and foremost - YEA to Stephanie! She is our Director of Sales and our primary contact for groups here at our hotel. So glad to hear that your visit with us went very well! About the few things mentioned - the beds are Sertas Pillow Top Mattresses - awesome to read how you slept so well! Water pressue too much - we have already addressed the issue and are still working on it - we're looking at new shower heads. The reception dissappointment - well, it's an area we are improving upon. We are experimenting with different foods to offer our guests - this was the first time we tried the boneless chicken wings and the last time - we too, didn't like the product. But, there are other products that seem to go over well - Baked Raviolis served with Marinara Sauce, Chicken and Dumplings, BBQ Sandwhiches, Chicken Breast Sandwhiches, and more. With the heat of the summer getting even hotter, we may be introducing simple different type salads and such...As far as the adult beverages, we do apologize, but it's out of our hands. We are working through some red tape in the City of Tupelo that will allow our hotel to serve such beverages (even when it's free). Overall though, we are glad your stay went well and we look forward to your next year's event! Have a great summer!

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Tupelo? Share your experiences!