“Great stay & staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Tupelo
Albany ny
“Great stay & staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at this sleep inn 7/18-23/13 and was quite pleased with everything there. The staff was very welcoming & always greeted you with a smile and a good morning. Their free breakfast was a real breakfast not just pastries. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, yogurt etc. was always plentiful because of Jodi the kitchen manager. She was and absolute Gem with the best smile and I was very pleased sitting and chatting with her. The rest of the staff Derek -mgr, Brandon, Casey, Amera, Trina and Paul. Thanks you very much. the Barkers and Hammond

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Starkville, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here a couple of nights. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. The room was huge and very clean. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were AWESOME. The breakfast was good and my daughter enjoyed the pool. We will definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed for one night on way to Oxford, MS. The room was a bit muggy, thought it was because of heat. Turned on the A/C full blast before going to sleep. Woke up with a bad smell coming from A/C.

Honestly, I got scared what I found (see picture below). Was almost midnight and tired, didn't want to go down to lobby. So, turned off the air and tried to sleep thru. No luck..

While checking out, showed them the pictures and asked the front desk for a comment card, they said don't have one.

This used to be a decent hotel but not anymore. I am CP member and will use other hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was scheduled to check in the hotel using a friends and family rate from my niece. But after two days of driving I arrived to the hotel and was told my reservation had been cancelled by a manager. I was told that my niece no longer worked at the hotel as of 2 days before. I just confirmed by reservation through the hotel just the night before my arrival. If my niece was an employee when the reservation was made I think it should have been honored and I should have been contacted. It is graduation weekend and there are no rooms in the area so far.

Was I not treated with common courtesy because of the situation?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta,Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were on a long drive back home to Atlanta from Oklahoma and decided to stop in Tupelo for the night. We first stopped at Comfort Suites. There was a bus load of middle school aged children there. Because of this and the price of $109 we went next door to Sleep Inn. Both are Choice Hotels and we are Choice Rewards members. We discovered that we stopped on the wrong weekend as Tupelo was hosting 3500 Beta club members, so there were busloads of kids everywhere. The hotel receptionist said all the hotels had rooms for $109 a night, which seemed outrageous for Tupelo as usually rooms at Choice Hotels can be had for $65-80. She said she could give us a room with double bed for $99. We took the "deal" since it was for only one night. The double bed had a king size headboard, so it looked odd. There was a microwave and a fridge. We did not see a coffeemaker and there was no ice bucket. I went to the front desk and she said we should have a coffeemaker. She had to search for an ice bucket, then brought a coffeemaker to the room. she brought coffee, but no coffee cups or any plastic cold drink cups. I had to go to the breakfast area to get cups. She had put us on the first floor to avoid the noise of all the kids. That was a mistake. we went to bed before 10pm. About 10:30 we heard kids running and jumping in the hall or room above us. It stopped, then started again about 11:20. I called the front desk to complain. He made the excuse that some people were checking in late. He did talk to the adult in charge and the running did stop after 11:30. the breakfast area was full of kids the next morning, so we checked out at ate at Waffle House, a much better breakfast.

Room Tip: Top floor to avoid hearing the trample of many feet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a horrid hotel. We used Choice Hotel "points" to stay here - how sad to be rewarded for loyalty with a crappy hotel.
1) asked for a high floor>got the 1st floor
2) room was way out-dated - horrid carpet, stupid shower, no counter space, OLD bed linens, unhelpful front desk, crummy ice
3) breakfast: bagels with NO way to cut them (asked how & gal said use the plastic knives - have you ever tried to cut a bagel with a "plastic" knife???) or you could have 3-day old sausage links and tire-tread scrambled eggs
4) front desk check out ??: how was your stay? answer: unbelievably bad - she just shrugged and said "oh well".
5) DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: another hotel for sure! There was a Comfort Inn right next door - how sad we didn't stay there...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love my friends at the Sleep Inn in Tupelo. I especially appricaite the manager, Tamela, and Amira. I often ask them to jump through hoops for me. I have never met them personally, but VERY often have to make arrangements for my Japanese visitors and co-workers. Some of which speak no english. I have had to ask them to make sure that my people get in the correct cab, find different locations, I call and check in when there is bad weather, and many other request. They never act as they are put out by my request. Thank you to everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for Tamela or Amira... Tell them Kim from Kentucky sent you!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!