“Very nice, clean, quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Sleep Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1721 N. Gloster Street, Tupelo, MS 38804   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
South Carolina
“Very nice, clean, quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

For my last night on an exhausting, cross country journey, I booked myself into the Sleep Inn in Tupelo, MS, at a nightly rate slightly higher than I paid at some other budget hotels on the trip. What a difference!

This place is clean, modern, and convenient. My room was on the back, away from the road, and as quiet as any I have ever stayed in. The room, while not overly large, was well furnished with clean, modern furniture. The bath was at the same level. Though I traveled during a summer heat wave, the room air conditioner was quiet and fully up to the job. The bed was very nice; the only quibble I could make (and it is a quibble) was that all of the pillows provided were of the ultra-soft variety, not to my liking.

The front desk staff was top-notch, thorough and helpful. They recommended a number of nice restaurants in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
mimi2007Brandon_MS, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
The staff and I are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Sleep Inn and Suites. We all work together as a team to insure our guest recieve a good nights sleep, clean room, nice breakfast and southern hospitality from check in to check out. We really appreciate you staying with us. If we can be of assistance in the future just give us a call. Thank you for taking time to write your comments.
Sincerely, Bobbie Carter, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

I was in Tupelo for work for five days and this hotel is very clean and the staff was awesome!! The front desk staff was very friendly and helped out with directions that I needed. My room was very clean and spacious!! The breakfast lady Diane was always had a smile on her face. I think some people just like to complain about any and everything! This hotel and the staff was super nice and I will stay here next month when I come back to Tupelo for five days!

• Stayed June 2011
mimi2007Brandon_MS, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2011
I and the staff appreciate you taking your time to write your review. We strive to go beyond our guests expectations. We appreciate you letting us know we meet yours. We look forward to seeing you return in the future.
Stafford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel looked newly renovated. Nice amenities and good price, BUT... I'd booked a nonsmoking room and that's what I got. However, as i stepped off the elevator on the 4th floor i was greeted by a wall of cigarette smoke. To the left of the elevators is nonsmoking and to the right is smoking. I complained to the manager, but she could not fathom why i was disgusted.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere if you are serious nonsmoker.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of your stay at our hotel. I certainly understand that the smell of smoke in the fourth floor hallway was offensive to you. I am truly sorry for that. The Executive Housekeeper and myself have been trying to come up with something to take the smoke smell out of the hallway, but nothing we have tried will take it completely out. Our only option is to do away with smoking rooms completely which we are looking at doing. I am truly sorry for your inconvience, if we had another room available we would have gladly moved you to another room. We appreciate your business very much.
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Great greeting as soon as we walked in by Cindy! Nice room for $ Plenty to do in the area, close to everything. Cindy told us about new frozen yogurt "tutti frutti" loved the info and help.
rooms were clean
very impressed with stay here
WILL stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
We appreciate you staying with us and letting us serve you. Our staff works very hard to make sure our guest are comfortable and their needs meet. We hope we have the opportuntiy to serve you again in the future. We appreciate you taking your time to let us know your views. If we can be of any assistance to you in the future please feel free to let us know.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Checked in to the hotel and had to check out within two hours. I booked a non-smoking room but it was obvious this room used to be a smoking room and they tried to cover it up with some chemical air fresheners. The smell was so bad and the chemicals were so strong it was giving me a sore throat. I am not a picky traveler but I am not a smoker. If you are going to have non-smoking rooms please make them completely non-smoking. At least change the carpet so it doesn't smell smoky. Staff was gracious and allowed me to check out without any cost, so that was a good thing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
The South
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

The rooms in the Tupelo Sleep Inn are large and housekeeping does a good job with what they have to work with. The carpet in our room was stained and dirty. The walls were filthy. The filter in the ac / heater unit was nasty. (do hotels every change these?!) The shower was travel-trailer / camper quality with flimsy, thin walls and floor. The shower floor was dirt stained. The beds have a thin mattress, but are surprisingly not uncomfortable. We reported that the carpet needed a good cleaning and the room could use a fresh coat of paint. The front desk people were nice, but of course it is management who make these kind of decisions. Would we stay here again? NO.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times over the years - predictably good - nothing fancy - typical breakfast - very good internet speed - always very friendly service - there is something about Tupelo and great service - only real downside is that because of cheaper rates, they book lots of sports teams/reunions. Last night was no exception as the lobby and corridors were packed with family reunion folks catching up. I did not notice the typical door slamming and hall conversations after about 10:30 PM and had a good night's sleep. So, I will likely stay again when passing through. Place could use a good thorough cleaning from top to bottom, but still is completely acceptable for a basic night's lodging.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!