“Good food and good people” 5 of 5 stars

662-842-7260
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 163 Restaurants in Tupelo
Savannah, Georgia
“Good food and good people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Connie's has great chicken, biscuits, gravy and donuts.......but more important....Connie's has honorable, honest employees and owners. During a cross country trip, I left my purse at Connie's. I did not discover the loss until 500 miles down the road. My purse contained passport, checks cash, camera, credit cards etc. I called Connie's and talked to Mr. Asters. He immediately told me he had my purse. His wife sent it to me...special delivery...it arrive last night. Nothing had been touched. I want to express my gratitude for honest honorable people at Connie's
Thank you.

Visited November 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Super Chicken in Tupelo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Tupelo may be famous for Elvis but it should include Connie's Fried Chicken too! The salad bar was fresh and plentiful. My husband loved the chicken strips and commented they were the best he had ever eaten. My only regret, I didn't order onion rings. They looked yummy:)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hardy, Arkansas
“Excellent food, good service, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Very good fried chicken. Vegetables and biscuits were great. Salad bar looked good and fresh. Other tables had chicken strips and onion rings (wish we had tried-they looked yummy). Building IS dated, but ok. Cleanliness could have been better. We were there 11:30 Saturday-not very busy inside-maybe five-six tables the time we were there (lots of drive-thrus, though), and floor (carpet) was dirty. Four workers visiting with each other instead of cleaning tables (4 dirty while we were there) or cleaning the floor. Bathroom very dirty - unacceptable at the time of day.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kernersville, nc
“Chicken Biscuits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had breakfast at Connie's this morning. Their Chicken biscuits are very good. The Blueberry doughnut topped off a good quick breakfast. The breakfast menu is a little limited but if you like chicken biscuits and you are in Tupelo its worth a stop.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent salad bar (see photos), very good chicken, ho-hum sides.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Looks like mostly a locals place. The restaurant is very dated. The salad bar is the best thing they have, the chicken is good, chicken biscuit was also good, I didn't really care for the gravy, the only real disappointment were the sides of which I tried three.

• Visited May 2013