“Dnt go” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 157 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: American
“Dnt go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

It was awful,b for we went, we read there reviews,but of course we went anyway and just like ery one on here said it was awful, management should be very embarrased service ws pitiful, food was burnt,time was long will neva go back and to top it off it was my mothers birthday, they gave her a dessert and all of the whip topping was running out of the container,the manager had to comp our meal

Tupelo, MS
“this place sucked..bad..loud, long wait for drinks...food was kinda cold..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011 via mobile

the wait staff here seemed new and overwhelmed.. Had to wait almost 10 minutes, seriously, on just a soft drink, our waiter was leaving soft drinks...stay away

• 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst Applebees in America!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010 via mobile

Me and the wifey live in Tupelo and never eat Applebees in town but for some reason our family always gives us gift cards to there...so since we're not drinkers, we're forced to dine there. Well, we went there last night...and wow...it keeps getting worse year after year. My wife's boneless chicken breast was ice cold in the center and her steam vegetables were crunchy and cold as the came straight out of a salad tray. I ordered the sizzling fajitas...it was extremely oily, greasy and charred. The fajita wraps were like wet rubber. Next time we'll be "re-gifting" the gift card!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Booneville, Mississippi
“WOW, what happen to the greta people that USED to be there?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My family and I arrived at the Tupelo, MS location around 8PM, where we were told that there was a 30 minute wait by David, the host, (who gave excellent service). We patiently awaited our turn (no big deal, it is expected on a Friday night). When we did get seated however, we preceeded to sit there unattended for 15 minutes, at which time my wife asked for a manager. The mananger came over to our table and we explained that we had not been greeted at all after 15 minutes. He appologized and told us that it was unacceptable and he would get us drinks and my toddlers a basket of fries. He made us satisfied with that until we waited another 12 minutes and he STILL had not came back. Now while I understand that it is a very busy place on a Friday night and they did have another party right next to us, I have NEVER waited 27 minutes for a drink. Imagine trying to satisfy 5 little girls and 3 hungry adults for that long. I was very embarassed because my father in law was done from VA and we had bragged about our Applebees and then decided to take him out. We finally left after no one came back to us. To add insult to injury, it was so dark that we were unable to read the menu and so loud we could not hear each other at the same table. We were very disappointed and just wanted to let you know that this is NOT the experience we had hoped for! We wasted an hour of our time for nothing.

Tupelo, MS
“Don't go.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

The Tupelo Applebee's has to be the worst Applebee's in the United States. The service is horrible, and there is absolutely no respect for customers whatsoever.

People who live in Tupelo know that this restaurant is to be avoided, but outsiders who have never been there think it's going to be as good as other Applebee's restaurants. Personally, I would never choose to go this restaurant again, based on past experience, but last week my grandmother wanted to go there for her birthday, so several family members, including me, took her there on a Sunday evening for dinner.

My grandmother is very elderly and moves quite slowly. From the beginning, she was treated with utter contempt by the staff, starting with the hostess, who made a face and tapped her foot in impatience while my grandmother slowly made her way to her seat and got settled.

The waiter was equally impatient, and he sloshed our drinks all over the table while serving them, and when we asked for napkins to clean up the mess, he sighed loudly and said he would bring them back. He didn't.

A different person brought our food out. (In fact, we never saw the first waiter again.) The orders were right, but two of the meat dishes were horribly undercooked. We had to send them back, and when we got them again, they were completely charred and inedible. One of them was my grandmother's.

Nobody ever came back to refill our drinks, nor were we offered dessert or anything else. The check was dropped on our table by yet another person, and although we waited for a very long time for somebody to come and pick up the debit card we were trying to pay with, nobody did. We finally went to the bar to pay.

In a horrible economy like this one, you'd think that a restaurant would go to some effort to keep its customers. This Applebee's clearly doesn't care whether it stays open or not. And frankly, I hope it doesn't. Tupelo doesn't need this kind of black eye.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere