“Food wasn't good, snooty atmosphere, long wait, paper & plastic.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 163 Restaurants in Tupelo
Cuisines: Italian
Ripley, Mississippi
“Food wasn't good, snooty atmosphere, long wait, paper & plastic.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

When we got to the restaurant, nobody greets you, and you are kind of lost as to where to go. We waited a few minutes then a waitress came and took our drink order and brought us menus. The menu is limited. I decided to ask the waitress if they had the little pieces of toast that you dip in sauces as an appetizer. She said yes and brought that. The bread was warm, but, not toasted. It was like loaf bread from a microwave with red sauce. The sauce was ok. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs and my date ordered the Italian nachos. Mine tasted like jarred sauce with nothing added. The meatball was ok. No Parmesan or anything. I just wasn't pleased and I'm very easy to please. My dates nachos were very good. The spaghetti was $12, the nachos were $8. I got sweet tea, and had to ask for refills. Another annoyance was flimsy paper plates, plastic forks, and red solo cups. The waitress was nice. The owner/chef was nice too. The atmosphere was kinda weird. It's like people were looking and wondering who we were in their restaurant. Lol! It was just an experience that I didn't love.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Kroger special”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Horrible food and service, waited 15 minutes for drinks, ordered 3 different wines they were completely out of and was told the food was homemade, yet I see the owner in the local Kroger at least 3 mornings a week. If you want "gourmet italian" buy canned sauce and frozen ravioli for 1/3 the price and make it at home, thats what you get there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a terrible experience here. Came for dinner with two friends one person found more than one hair in their food. The service was realllllly reallllllly bad. I was embarrassed to bring people visiting town here

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've been here twice to hear local music. I have never actually ordered food mostly because no one would ever wait on us. I ordered a few drinks in my visits, the bar tender is rude and my Sam Adams had no head or lacing most likely from improperly cleaned glasses.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a Saturday! It was great!
We had $3 Mimosa's and the waffles and fried chicken. The chicken was tender and juicy. The waffles and syrup was so warm!
Beautiful place to have a nice lunch!
If I am back in Tupelo any time - I will go back to Nautical Whimsey!

• Visited February 2013