“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Arkansas
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We have stayed here 3 times. Twice because we were seeing a show in town and once because I wanted to shop and stay late. It has always been very clean. The staff is always very pleasant. This last time they had a happy hour I think from 5 to 7 and they furnished free soft drinks, beer and light snacks. That was very nice and unexpected. The breakfast was nice as always. We really enjoy our stays and it is a great value to have a nice clean place to stay when you want to see one of the shows at BancorpSouth.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at this particular hotel. We have been very impressed both times. To begin with the gentleman at the front desk during check in was extremely friendly and helpful. All the staff we encountered during our stay were very friendly. The room was very clean as well as the entire hotel. I have no complaints regarding this hotel and I highly recommend it for anyone visiting Tupelo.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
KChicaAJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I made a reservation here based on the La Quinta website proudly proclaiming "Pets Welcome!" with no asterisk or info about restrictions or it varying from hotel to hotel. After driving all day and being utterly exhausted, we were turned away by a manager or clerk (whoever it is that mans the front desk) because our dogs weigh more than 25 pounds. He seemed proud and happy to turn us away and to not be friendly AT ALL toward us or our pets! We had nowhere else to go and were so tired it would have been unsafe to continue driving, so we had to beg another hotel that was far more "friendly" to let us stay there, though they too had a dog weight limit of 25 pounds.

I assumed it must have been my mistake and I must have missed the info about weight restriction of dogs to 25 pounds or less on their website. But, no, lo and behold we are traveling through Tupelo again with our dogs due to a relocation, and I was looking for a hotel and check La Quinta's website again and it claims "Pets Welcome!" with no info about any restrictions or anything. I called central reservations and she claimed all La Quintas are pet-friendly without restrictions, but when I told her of the scenario, she called the property and found that this one does indeed have restrictions, despite what the website says. My issue was with the fact that they market themselves as pet-friendly when apparently this La Quinta manager in Tupelo is NOT friendly toward those of us with pets. The impression he gives off is that he does NOT like pets or their owners at all and that he very much relished turning us away from his hotel. It seemed to be a little power trip type thing -- hey, if it makes him happy to exercise his teeny bit of power in life by turning away pets and their owners from his hotel, I hope that makes him happy. The issue I have is that he wastes our time and creates dangerous conditions for exhausted travelers who have wasted their time making a reservation at this hotel and who are counting on having a place to rest before they hit the road again so they can drive safely and be alert. I think La Quinta should fire this manager, clerk or whoever he is, as his attitude is not good for guest relations and does not appear to be in line with the La Quinta policy as advertised on its website.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
laquintinntupeloms, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tupelo, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites Tupelo for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it did not turn out as you had anticipated.

• Management was approached about not letting it be known on the website that they do not go along with the La Quinta policy of accepting pets without a weight limit.

• The manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which he is to treat our valued guests.

• The head of La Quinta was notified of this policy.

We take our reviews seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tupelo. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I did my homework through Trip Advisor before booking this and another La Quinta in Columbus In. Very happy with them, both locations just as I had read from other members. Clean rooms, nice people, great loactions all for a good price. We also had an issue with the treadmill in Tupelo hopefully they pay attention and get it fixed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Would have been a great stay but at 3 a.m. the spa above our room was leaking into our room, directly above master bedroom bed. Ceiling looked ready to come crashing in; luckily I woke up before it did. We were given the only other available room (had to move from floor one to floor four), moving the loaded cart ourselves to a room that the lights didn't work because the circuit breaker had blown. That had to be fixed; an issue the staff was aware of. After all our trouble, the hotel owner had his staff talk to me a few days later (after I had to call back a few times), and authorized his staff to offer a $20 refund on the room. I've never before had a bad experience at a La Quinta. This is one I will drive by in the the future. But can't blame the staff.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was notified of the leak in the ceiling in the room first assigned to you and instructed to make sure that the leak and the ceiling had been properly repaired.

• Maintenance was notified of the blown circuit breaker in the second room assigned to you and instructed to make sure that the problem was fixed.

• The hotel owner received our commendation in giving you, our valued guest, a refund.

I hope that you will rethink your decision and that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tupelo. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.
mdang2
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We spend one night there Aug 17th, expecting a subpar hotel, but when we got there, it was soooo pleasantly nice. The assistant general manager was soo nice to us and welcoming when we entered. He even offered to called a cab for us when we needed one to go to dinner. You can tell he loves his job.

Everything is new and well maintained. Lobby is super cute w/ a nice complimentary breakfast....eggs, biscuit & gravy, bagels, toast, diy waffles, cereals, & fruit. There is a free business center where you can use the internet & printer. There is also a gym to work out in w/ new machines. Its less than 5 minutes to the mall and major restaurants. Our room was spacious and I was impressed that the entry and bathroom had tile floors that look like wood. So updated. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Velp, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I've seen a lot of hotels in SE USA for the last 5 weeks and this hotel was nothing special (pool, breakfast, clean rooms).
The kindness and helpfulness from Angel and her husband however was heartwarming. People like that makes travelling more fun and easy.
I've spend night in at least four other la Quinta hotels but only Valdosta came close.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Tupelo? Share your experiences!