“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Tupelo
jaims0982
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

The hotel was one of the cleanest we have stayed in. The beds were amazing and so was the breakfast. We only stayed one night but wished we could've stayed longer. My son was most pleased with the pool. If we go back to tupelo we will definately stay here!

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is easy to get to, nicely appointed with great lighting in the hallways. The managers reception with free beer, wine, and sodas was a surprise. Included nachos, meatballs and smokey links!! The staff is friendly and on the ball!! Tremain (sp?), at the front desk, was so helpful during check in!! Unfortunately, the "heated" indoor pool was cold!! I have a physical disability so we pay a little more for a hotel with an indoor pool, but it was too cold to use. We got a jacuzzi suite, but there was no hand rails or anything to hold onto getting in or out. It was up three steps in an alcove, and the steps were so slippery when wet! It was very painful and dangerous getting out especially! The room was beautifully decorated, but the carpet needs a good cleaning and the end of the hide-a-bed material was worn through. The breakfast was excellent, with bacon and scrambled eggs, etc.., and the staff kept it stocked and very clean.

• Stayed March 2014
Grand Rapids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Friendly staff with a well managed and clean hotel! There were hor d'oeuvres in the early evening that were delicious. We usually try to stay at either Comfort Inns or Hampton Inns while traveling and this Comfort Inn didn't disappoint. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tupelo,MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We have stayed several times at this hotel. This stay however will probably be our last. We are members of an insurance co which gives a discount to its members for choosing choice hotels. It has always been honored in the past. We also receive points toward a free stay. However, for some reason this choice hotel would not honor it's discount for members. I will certainly be reporting this to my insurance co as soon as we return home. The morning after our stay I was walking my child to the breakfast area where the housekeeping staff was overheard outside our door using profanity. They were not quiet about it either. Wish they could be professional and realize that families come here to enjoy a vacation and this type of behavior is extremely disturbing and unacceptable but I soon realized that rudeness was not uncommon as we entered the breakfast area --the lady who was hostess was rude to customers waiting in line for their hot breakfast. She was telling people at 8:30a.m. That meal items which needed to be thawed or cooked would not be put out because breakfast service ends at 9:00a.m. (A half hour later) she began putting the food items away shortly after 8:30 a.m.Customers pay a lot of money to stay in such establishments and I hope they realize that if they cannot treat customers better there are plenty of other hotels in the area with better rates and service.

• Stayed March 2014
Locust Grove, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Traveling with my wife and mom. We had never been to Tupelo, but trusted the Comfort name. The room was awesome and the staff were superb. Check in was a breeze. This was a Monday evening and the manager has a reception for guests on week nights with food and drinks. That was a welcomed and nice touch. The only negatives we had were that the rooms on the street side are pretty noisy. You can hear the traffic easily and it is a busy street. Request a room on the other side. The breakfast wasn't that good, either. The 'make-it-yourself' waffle was pretty tasteless and they were out of syrup. However, these things were small. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
cstupelo, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey. I have shared your comments with my staff, and we hope to serve you again. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kind Regards,

Ms. Donna Lauderdale
662-847-0025
Jasper, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

The staff was friendly, we really liked the room and breakfast was great. We arrived a couple of hours early and so I wasn't really expecting to have a room ready but I thought I would go ahead and ask, She told me that she already had it done and no extra charge. We enjoyed our stay

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Kind Regards,

Ms. Donna Lauderdale
662-847-0025
Duluth, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Staying over for holiday weekend. Been at this hotel for same annual holiday weekend since it opened. Always enjoyed, but it is beginning to show wear. Carpets very stained with red discoloring-juice perhaps? Cracked tiles in bathroom, same as other rooms we have been in at this hotel. Had an adjoining room and their couch cushions are completely frayed at the seam showing the foam cushion. This trip the breakfast attendant could have used help. Each day they were out of items with lines waiting for food items. Mgmt needs to do a walk through to address maintenance issues. Think this being our fourth stay will be our last.

Stayed November 2013
cstupelo, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

My name is Donna Lauderdale and I'm new General Manager for Comfort Suites and am sad to know you have decided to not stay with us again.

We are beginning the process of updating the hotel. I promise you it will be a different hotel if you do decide to give us another chance.

I do apologize for your recent stay. I will try my best to make sure your comments are corrected.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!