“Novemer Weekend-Short but Sweet” 5 of 5 stars

Boston
Directions
Boston, MA
East Islip, New York
“Novemer Weekend-Short but Sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

What a weekend! My husband and I arrived at the Westin Copley Place at 11:30 pm and we were exhausted....We were there celebrating my birthday and only had until Sunday morning:(
Check in was perfect and our room was phenomenal!
We were on the 35th floor facing the Charles River. When we entered the room, the night view was breathtaking. My lovely husband had a chilled bottle of wine and dark chocolate (my favorite) covers strawberries waiting....we sipped wine and took in the city view..the prudential building, the library ...

The next morning we realized we had no camera so off to Best Buy and then breakfast at Trident Booksellers-delicious omelettes! We walked all day window shopping on Newbury Street and then through the Public Garden and Boston Common..up Charles Ave through Beacon Hill to the Liberty Hotel. We wanted to go to the Vueve Cliquot Champagne Bar…we walked all the way there to find out it no longer exists ..oh well the hotel was so interesting it didn’t matter.
Back down Charles Ave and a long stop ant Bin 26 Enoteca (wine bar) Loved it! Now it is 4pm and we haven’t eaten since 10 am so a little stop at Legal Seafood for some clam chowder before a bath and nap before dinner! I bought some bath stuff at LUSH and wanted to try it out!
We had a beautiful dinner at Sorellina right near our hotel. What a gorgeous place and the food was magnificent!
I had gnocchi appetizer that was so light, they were airy pillows of happiness! I also had filet mignon and my husband had veal milanase….everything was spectacular!
Unfortunately, Sunday we were up and out early to head back to pick up our daughter and head home…we did grad a quick but very delicious oatmeal at Au Bon Pain attached to the hotel…..then back to reality! We can’t wait to return and explore North End and do the Duck Tour and go to the Museum of Fine art and…..

LONDON
“Boston Break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

Visited Boston on the 4th October for 4 Nights and stayed at the Harborside Inn which is perfectly placed for a visit. If you come in
from Boston Airport get the Free Shuttle Bus to the Train Station only a couple of Minutes the 2 stops on the Train and you are right outside the Hotel. Cost $1.70 better than $30.00 in a Cab. Boston very walkable with the Freedom Trail and Boston Common nice walks. Take the Train out to Harvard about 6 stops outside for a look around the University and surrounding area. Very nice safe city.

Austin Tx
“A great place for a family vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

My husband and I took our two teenage sons to Boston this past July. What a fantastic experience. We are all history buffs from Austin, Texas and it was such a treat to be able to visit so many historic sights from America's past.

I recommend purchasing "G0 BOSTON" cards to prepay and have access to all the major attractions. The Boston Harbor and Whale Watching, trolley cars, science museum, aquarium, duck boat, swan boat rides in the park, and the downtown walking tour are just a few attractions you will enjoy. We found great restaurants in China Town and ate Lobster at Fenieal Hall.

It was a fabulous trip and we will treasure these memories for a lifetime!

Denver
“Our First Trip to Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

My husband and I recently had the opportunity to visit the NE for the first time, when we were booked on a cruise out of Boston. At the end of the cruise, we stayed in Boston for two nights, and that ended up being our favorite part of the trip. We loved this city and it's people. Cruise line booked us at the Weston Waterfront and, although it was very nice, the location was not the best for exploring Boston Central. Had tickets to the Symphony the first night, which was amazing. Beautiful old building and great music. Next day, we set out to explore the city by roughly following The Freedom Trail. We started in the North End and nearly didn't get any farther than that, we loved it so much. So many wonderful sights and smells. Had lunch at Pizzeria Regina (long lines, fabulous pizza!) and picked up a box of treats from Mike's Pastry (hugh crowds, yummy pastries, very reasonable prices). It was fascinating to visit all the historical sites, particularly the old graveyards. The most memorable site, for me, was a more recent addition - the Holocast Memorial. Hauntingly beautiful. Last day, before leaving, we went down to the waterfront near the hotel and had a very overpriced, and only so-so, lunch at the Barking Crab. For transportation, we stuck with the subway. While initially intimidating, we caught on quickly and even had other tourists asking us for directions by the time we left. We will definitely visit Boston again!

Missoula, Montana
“Remembering my love for my hometown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

I visited some beautiful cities this summer - Krakow, Prague, Vienna, etc - and I really enjoyed my times in those places. I love seeing new places and experiencing new cultures. That rocked. But getting back home after a year-and-a-half away, I was struck by just how beautiful my city is - sailboats on the Charles, a sunny day in the Public Garden, the mix of old and new architecture, people from all over the world, the art, the culture, etc. Just walking down Newbury Street, hanging out in the Museum of Science, rediscovering cafes and restaurants like Trident Booksellers and Caffe Vittoria, and public transportation to get around without the worry of a car. All these things reminded me how much I love Boston. It was good to be home, if only for just a week.

Been to Boston? Share your experiences!