“!! AMAZING LOCATION !!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 77 hotels in Boston
Keene, New Hampshire
“!! AMAZING LOCATION !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

1. This hotel has a fabulous location mostly for Red Sox games!
2. They offer many different room styles which is really fun if you enjoy staying in different rooms as a repeat customer!
3. We had a great room up high and could see Fenway and the best part was the windows opened so we could feel the warm summer air and hear the hustle and bustle of the city.
4. This hotel has very unique rooms as its an old building however it has been updated recently in the lobby and some rooms.
5. Clean, friendly, and easty to get to.
6. You have to pay for parking under the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. We are always happy to hear we did a great job with our guests and welcome any comments on ways that we can do even better. Our guests are very important to us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

680 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

When my partner and I got to this hotel, we were tired having just flown in from LA. I felt very welcome by the staff there and they gave us a free upgrade without me even asking. It was insanely cold outside -12c (with an additional wind chill of -10c) so they were very quick to help in any way they could. I was gobsmacked when I opened the very large windows in my room to see Fenway Park lit up and staring straight back at me.

I'm not one to order room service (ever) as I prefer to get out of the hotel and see the city but given the cold we didn't make it too far. We went to a Bertucci's Italian restaurant just across the road and had an awesome meal and a couple of great, local craft beers. So thumbs up for great restaurants nearby.

I am sure if I had ordered room service it would have been good though as the staff here are great and came across as very enthusiastic to help.

Given the cold outside I was a little concerned about the heating. It seemed a little cold in my room (I must stress the word 'little') but when I spoke to the front desk they sent someone straight up. The ceilings in my room were very high so I sort of twigged that given the cold outside, the size of my (free upgraded) room and with the height of the ceilings that it may take a while to warm the room up. The next morning our room was fine and comfortable.

In the end, I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If you're a sports fan and don't go for 5* hotels in the boring business districts, than give this place a shot. It's an older hotel with great character and it well and truly exceeded my expectations. Great value for money. When I come back to Boston, I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: You would want to be facing Fenway Park if at all possible. If you get a very large room and if it...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I would like to personally thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. I am always thrilled to hear from our satisfied guests and hope that you will stay with us again soon on your next trip to Boston. We strive to make it a memorable stay for each and every guest that we have pass through our doors. Again, thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster!
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed at the Buckminster this past new years. Temperatures outside were in the teens, so a warm place to sleep is all we were looking for. Upon arrival the heat in our room was not working (error message on the thermostat). Called the front desk, who said they would send someone up, and left to get dinner. When we returned, error message still present, and room still freezing. Called front desk again, and maintenance arrived with a space heater, apparently our ONLY means of heat for the night. Maintenance informed us that the heat wasn't working in the entire section of the hotel. Hot water was iffy, had to take half a shower, get out and wait for water to warm up, and talk the other half. Not sure if related to heating problem.

The worst part of our stay however was the management of this hotel. We called the hotel later that week to speak with someone about our stay. Front desk informed us no one would be in until after the weekend, and connected us to a woman's voicemail. A message was left giving an overview of our stay, and contact information. It wasn't until a week later that a man gave us a call back, unfortunately the call was missed. We returned his phone call....again only reached voicemail, left a message, and never heard back from them again. The management should have been able to be reached, and if not they should at least answer the messages of their customers. Extremely unprofessional.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
I am sorry that you feel that your stay was less than you had expected and that management response was not as you expected either. As the General Manager of the Boston Hotel Buckminster, I assure you that I take all complaints very seriously and am available at any time should an emergency issue warrant it, as well as during regular business hours, Monday-Friday. I do apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will visit us again soon.
LAWRENCE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Horrible place to stay especially when it's already below zero degrees outside and your hotel room is breaking records of being colder. the hallways was like a heat wave compared to the hotel room I stayed in on the 6th floor. It was so cold I had to be switched 3 times and after the 3rd time I just checked out before I died of frost bite. No compassion from the concierge or manager of duty. I will never stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. I am sorry that you felt your stay was not what you had expected and I apologize for the heating issues. I hope that you will return to Boston soon and ask that you give us another chance to show you that we truly do care about each and every guest that stays with us. Just ask for me personally and we will give you a free upgrade to a suite as well as a discount at our restaurant. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Winslow, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel was clean, comfortable and very close to Fenway. They upgraded us to a suite at the front desk and the continental breakfast was fantastic. The off street parking was also a great value and it was very secure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your time in Boston with us and look forward to seeing you again very soon!
Edison, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Helped our son move into his apartment while attending Law School and was staying at this hotel which was nearby. Pulled into parking lot and had to leave as there were so many rats running around. Ended up parking on street and had to get up early to feed the meter. Hotel management was not concerned as they stated Boston had a rat problem. They could not understand our disgust.
On top of this we had a room that did not have a closet. In fact it did not have a nail in the wall to hang anything.
Would strongly not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. We value all of our guests comments as we are constantly striving for ways to improve our customer service. We hope that you will return again soon and would like to offer you an upgrade to one of our suites at regular room rates. Please let the front desk staff know upon arrival or ask for Michael, the General Manager.
Gilmanton, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on Jan 22nd 2014 we were going to a concert at the House Of Blues we got there about 3.30 pm the concert was at 7 pm. The room was ice cold the staff were good until we told them the room was cold then they became rude. The maintenance guy said the heat blower was broken hence no heat he said they would get us heaters we asked about switching rooms which they said they would check into but they never did though they said while we were at the concert they offered us a room. we called the front desk for help with the cold room but the kept telling us they would get back to us once they had checked the people that were there to check in checked in this never happened either. when we returned from the concert we had 2 small floor heaters and the room was still freezing plus we blew a fuse using the microwave and we were then freezing and in the dark the guy fixed the lights and we talked to him about the room and he said we offered you a room we told him that was not true no one offered us a room he did give us extra blankets but we slept very little as it was still very cold and we got up very early and left early we paid 149.00 plus 75.00 for parking 2 cars in a very tight parking lot we will never go their again and we will tell everyone of our friends about it. It would not of been so bad if certain staff would of helped us I must say the house keepers were very nice and were always cleaning

Room Tip: Get one in the summer
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Michael M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Boston Hotel Buckminster. I am sorry that you feel your stay was less than perfect. We are constantly striving to improve our customer service and value your comments and concerns and we hope that you will return again soon and give us another chance to serve you.

Been to Boston Hotel Buckminster? Share your experiences!