“Euro style across from Fenway” 4 of 5 stars

Boston Hotel Buckminster
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   645 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02215   |
Ranked #65 of 77 hotels in Boston
Brooklyn, New York
“Euro style across from Fenway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I actually really enjoyed my stay here. It's a euro style hotel in Boston, and it's literally across the street from Fenway, which I didn't care about but thought was pretty cool. The rooms were a little old but I thought nice enough, and the food selection in this neighborhood were amazing. In a city you will pay for parking, so not surprised there, and the lot attendant was very nice. The front desk staff were also very nice and helped me out when I asked for bandaids and a speedy checkout.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Bethlehem, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My daughter was to attend a concert at the House of Blues. I needed a place close by. This place was perfect. I was worried because it was inexpensive and I have stayed serveral hotels in the city before and outside the airport. I was surprised. It was very clean, comfortable and quiet. The location is perfect. The green line is just across the street. It sits on the corner of Brookline and Commonwealth. 3/10 ths of a mile from Fenway and the house of blues. The staff was pleasant and very kind and helpful. The 2 bedroom suite I had was affordable and to be honest nicer that the Park Plaza and the Hyatt. Very quiet. Loved it will stay here again. The beds were so comfy I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites very big. 2 bedrooms and a living room area. great place
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is located in 'Kenmore Square', it's right in the center of everything. I stayed for three days since I was in town to attend an event. Many other people I knew stayed at other hotels, none of us were familiar with the area. I paid $79 on a friday night, and $89 for the next two days, since they were weekend days. I got a huge room! It was actually a double room. One room with one bed and another with two beds. I couldn't believe, as I was the only traveler. The room had a table,chairs, a microwave, mini fridge, two tvs, and this was the 'standard' room. If you're looking for places to eat, don't worry, you're surrounded by everything, and it's also right next to the Kenmore train stop on the green line. Which means that for 2 bucks you can get to South station bus terminal if needed. Everyone was pretty friendly. I couldn't believe how nice the place was and how affordable it was. It's a shame I went when it was freezing cold so I didn't get to visit many sites, but I do plan to go back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and I've to say that this hotel, for the budget, is perfect. The hotel is not exactly in downtown, but its 1 min away from the green line T stop "kenmore" which is a 10 min journey from downtown. The area is also lively with a lot of stores, fastfood, and cafes directly infront of the hotel and its 5-7 min walk from Newbury street which is one of the most beautiful streets in boston.
I arrived at the hotel early (11am) and although the official checkin is at 3pm, the guy at the reception was very helpful and gave me a room right away. He was so helpful that he even changed the room for a better one without me asking. In addition, in all my other encounters with the staff members, they were all very nice and helpful.
The room itself is big and the bathroom is huge. The room had a king bed, desk, large LCD TV (didn't use it), microwave, and a fridge. The room was very clean and the heater worked exceptionally well. The bathroom is also very clean and the shower worked perfectly with perfect hot water. The breakfast was a nice continental breakfast with fresh juice, waffles, fruits, pasteries and coffee.
The only negative points in the hotel that prevented me from giving it 5 stars are: the wifi and the outside noise. The wifi is only free for the first 1 hr, then you've to pay for it which is so inconvinient. Regarding the street noise, my room was on the third floor and it felt as if I'm in the street hearing even the conversation between people. It is so bad, that if you are a light sleeper (Luckily I'm not), I've to say with complete confidence that you'll never be able to sleep for 1 min.
Again for me this hotel, for what I paid for, is perfect with a nice room & in a nice area, but again if you are a light sleeper don't stay there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Schenectady, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have stayed at the Buckminster twice, and plan to be back there in May when our oldest graduates BU. Although it is true that the hotel is a bit dated, and the rooms are on the cramped side, they have always been clean and you can't beat the price for the location. I would like if they had blackout shades though, it would also muffle some of the outside noise. We've checked around and although the Hotel Commonwealth looks like heaven, I can't justify spending more than twice what the Buckminster charges to basically sleep, shower and change clothes. I am sorry to hear about breakfast being discontinued. I would bring down my own gluten free bread and use their spreads, yogurts and fruits as well as coffee. Hopefully the new restaurant will be open for breakfast.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a companion, and staying for a few days, you may want to consider booking...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We travelled from New York having been around the world;New Zealand, America & on way to Canada. The hotel was easy to find with a sat nav and although we turned up late, the receptionist was very welcoming. The rooms were very clean and traditionally furnished in a tasteful comfortable style & the facilities were just what we required after a tiring trip- ensuite ect. This hotel has been very grand at some time and the old character is still there, but some of the decor in some rooms is a bit dated, however, very clean & tidy. The staff were very friendly and gave brilliant advice on places to visit....The breakfast the next day was wholesome and healthy, there was plenty of choices beginning with fruits, yogurts, muesli, home baked muffins, pastries, toast,jams and cereal. We were treated like 'special' guests and made to feel very welcome.I would recommend this hotelto anyone. we had two rooms- two young adults with parents. Great value for money and ideally situated next to the famous Red Sox stadium and on the tube line for visits to the must see and do the Heritage trail,on return to England, I had to share this wonderful experience with everyone else!!! fantastic value for money!!!

Room Tip: we had no problem with our rooms, our sons room was smaller but both had ensuites, theirs had a bath...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on New Years eve since it is literally around the corner from where I was headed for the evening (House of Blues). The hotel itself is a little dated. Rooms are smaller than normally expected, but clean. TV is small, but who cares, I'm here to enjoy the city, not watch TV. Bathroom tub drained VERY slowly (I thought it was plugged, but after about 20 minutes it fully drained). The bed was comfortable, sheets were clean. You have to pay for parking, but for the location and convenience of not driving on New Years Eve, it was worth it. Hotel is located down the street from the Kenmore Square T stop on the green line.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Boston Hotel Buckminster? Share your experiences!