“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonnade Hotel

You added Colonnade Hotel to your Saves list
Colonnade Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Huntington Avenue, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02116-5730 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Rate
Book Direct-Stay and Save
Ranked #17 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights 26 June to 3 July. From check in to check out the service was perfect. A very special mention has to go to the bar staff especially for our last three nights but also the first 4 nights perfect gin and tonics. We will definitely will come back and recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

No idea why I got a suite, but this room had a living room that seated 7, dining table for 4,wet bar, separated bathroom with a bidee, and spacious bedroom.
What a luxurious stay!
Only complaint was the shower needed updating.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Neath, Wales, Gods Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed 3 night at the Colonnade in Boston. The service was great from start to finish. The room was well appointed and the staff were only too happy to help. We would definitely stay again the next time we visit and we will be back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Arrived late around 11pm to check in. Front desk staff were very welcoming and got to my room quickly. Headed down to Jo Brasserie for a glass of wine and a snack. The hotel was very busy for the 5 nights I was there. Concierge very helpful and everyone had a can-do attitude. I was on the 11th floor which is also where the roof top pool is. Since the public is able to enjoy the pool, I would suggest better security on the floor itself- as a woman travelling alone on business I would have preferred to be on another floor. Great location- walking distance to may sights, shopping and restaurants. Enjoyed walking the leafy streets behind the hotel full of brownstones and residential parks. Room service quick and friendly. Air conditioning quite loud but got used to it. Other than that, a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Norwalk, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The people of Delta Airlines and The Colonnade Hotel in Boston have thanks from deep within my heart after I aggravated a leg injury flying to Boston Saturday for the Dress for Success Worldwide Annual Conference. I spent the next four days in intense pain, using a cane. The world's best concierge, Brittney D., at The Colonnade provided all sorts of help and transportation to a walk-in clinic which immediately sent me to the emergency room at Tufts. (The care and attention there were wonderful, too.) The Colonnade staff went above and beyond from a housekeeping staffer who saw me limping toward the ice cooler and took care of that for me - and refused a tip - to the front desk, banquet service staff, restaurant servers and bellmen. Delta staff made sure I was safely on board, provided wheel chairs (which saved me from missing a flight) and checked to make sure I could exit in an emergency. I have extensive experience as a corporate communications VP whose team included conference planning. The Colonnade staff surpassed any hotel I've ever visited with their kindnesses to me amid a beautiful facility. And I greatly enjoyed my dream dinner: grilled swordfish on the patio of the Brasserie. Having swordfish was a goal for this trip and it was perfect.

Room Tip: The king size room was ample in space; the view from the 7th floor was spectacular.
Green Features: I appreciated the "green" approach to towels and bedding. A recycling wastebasket would be a nice addition.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

best place to stay in downtown boston. great service near the best shopping. Friendly staff attended to every need. beautiful view from the room. very comfortable beds. the boston trollies stop right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Based on Trip Advisor reviews I decided this was the hotel for me for my upcoming visit.

But before I made a reservation, I wanted to ask a few quick questions re: room sizes/rates/wifi/parking etc, so I emailed the hotel.

I received a response from Gilda very quickly and she answered every single one of my queries and was very, very helpful and said not to hesitate to contact her if I required anything else. I then replied and made the booking with her.

I must say from a customer service point of view, I was very impressed and I haven't even visited the hotel yet. If the hotel and rest of the staff are as wonderful as Gilda, I am in for a treat. Many of the other hotels for example that I have booked for my trip, if I have emailed them I have received a reply from "front desk"! Gilda signing off her name made it much more personal.

Really looking forward to my visit now.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Colonnade Hotel? Share your experiences!