“Treated like royalty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Colonnade Hotel

You added Colonnade Hotel to your Saves list
Colonnade Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Huntington Avenue, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02116-5730 (Back Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Direct-Stay and Save
Ranked #21 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Treated like royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

From the moment the taxi pulled up to the front door, our every need was met. Norman took out our luggage, got us bottles of water while we waited to check-in. Mid-afternoon, we received a knock on the door and it was room service with a tray of cheese and crackers. We didn't order room service, but the waiter insisted it was for us. Turns out it was a treat for my daughter who was auditioning at Boston Conservatory. That was something I had mentioned in passing when we checked in.

We checked out and stored our luggage, while my daughter auditioned. When we returned, I realized I'd left my winter scarf up in the room. Again, the staff was so helpful. Housekeeping brought it down immediately and it was wrapped in a plastic bag.

Comfortable bed and very clean as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear DrummergirlzMom ,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have great team members like Norman. I am thrilled he was able to make your stay memorable. I'm thankful your daughter enjoyed the treat we delivered to room before her audition. Please visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I actually live in the city but my boyfriend and I decided to be tourists for an evening, and after hearing a lot of good reviews locally - we settled on the Colonnade. The rooms were clean, quiet, and had every amenity you could wish for (including champagne flutes) and they even went out of their way to provide us with a nice little gift knowing we were having a bit of a "couples weekend." We strolled over the Brasserie for dinner (which was delicious) and then came to back sprawl out in our Colonnade issued robes and watch ESPN Classics until we passed out. All and all, I have absolutely nothing but positive things to say, and I will certainly be back when I have the opportunity!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rhymhym ,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We love to host Bostonians looking for a relaxing night away! Please come back this summer and enjoy our Roof Top Pool!
Bozeman, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at the Colonnade for four days and three nights on business in Boston. I travel frequently but this was my first trip to Boston. I was extremely pleases with my stay at the Colonnade! The staff was fantastic and very accommodating. Every time I walked into the building I received a friendly greeting from the doorman. The Colonnade is immaculately kept, very clean and modern. I was only able to use their fitness center on one occasion but it was well equipped and had a fantastic view! The room was amazing too! My room had a king size bed that was very comfortable. The room was very modern and well lit thanks to the enormous floor to ceiling window. Their wireless internet was very fast too. Since I was in Boston for business the wireless made working from the room painless. I was able to dine at Brasserie Jo on one occasion as well. The menu was wonderful and the atmosphere was great for an evening out for dinner or drinks. Finally, I cannot say enough about the staff. They were all very professional and friendly. My needs were always met and they made this outsider feel welcome when I had questions about getting around Boston! This place is perfect for the business traveler or those looking for a luxurious get away!

Thank you again for a great trip!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear R B ,

Thank you for your detailed review! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at The Colonnade and had an excellent experience! You can't beat the location, within 2 blocks of MANY terrific restaurants, high end retail (copley mall), middle of the road retail (Pru Mall), endless bars, clubs, etc. The foyer, halls & room were immaculate and you can really tell where capital has been re-invested in the last 5 to 10 years. As a bonus they have an excellent restaurant adjacent, Brassiere JO, as well as a pool and bar on the roof (very rare in Boston). I'd highly recommend.......

Room Tip: higher the elevator goes, better the view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Marty R,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Colonnade Hotel. I'm thrilled you enjoyed our location and found everything you needed. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Colonnade to celebrate her birthday and we had a great weekend. Throughout out our stay, many staff wished my wife a Happy Birthday, and the card, flowers and champagne they left in the room were fantastic. The hotel and rooms are beautiful and clean, and parking is convenient - accessible from the hotel elevators. We ate dinner and breakfast at Brasserie Jo and loved that too. Again, they noted my wife's birthday and were sensitive to getting us through dinner in time to make our show. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely go back to the hotel and restaurant!

Room Tip: If you are celebrating an occasion, let them know. They will do their best to help make it memorabl...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dave M ,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Colonnade Hotel. I'm thrilled our staff made your wife's Birthday extra Special. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I asked for a quiet room and it was. The beds were so comfy. I was especially impressed with the service. My daughter was auditioning at New England Conservatory and they gave her a care package and very nice note to wish her good luck. The doorman, Norman, was the best! Everyone was so friendly. The bath even came with a cute rubber ducky with very nice bath products. I'd highly recommend this hotel and will return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear 904Kathleen ,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are very fortunate to have great team members like Norman. I am thrilled he was able to make your stay memorable. I'm glad your daughter enjoyed the treat we delivered to your room. Please come back and visit us again.
Easthampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had several events in Boston this weekend and used The Collonade as out home base. Excellent location on Huntington Ave with a T stop out front. Easy on site parking. Walking distance to Prudential Center, Museum of Fine Arts, BSO and many other cultural attractions.
Nice rooms and great beds.
The staff was extremely courteous and attentive. We had late night dessert and drinks in the French style restaurant. Superb!
I particularly liked the bartenders.
The Collonade has a nice vibe. Classy but not pretentious. I will stay there on my next trip to Boston.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear MJMesser,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.