“Very Pleased” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“Very Pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We we were in Boston for an event at House of Blues and wanted a hotel nearby. After researching and reading reviews, we decided on Colonnade, which was running a Valentine's special. We were very pleased and recommend this hotel. Our room had a nice view of the city and would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Thomas C,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Colonnade Hotel. I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was the first time that I stayed at the Collonade. I was referred to the hotel through the meeting organizor and I was extremely satisfied with the service on all fronts. I only wish that I had been there in the summer to also take in their rooftop pool and hospitality ! The restaurant on site is first class french cuisines. The front desk staff are very helpful. The concierge and door men are particularly attentive to your every need and inquiry. The meeting rooms were excellent, well catered and comfortable. The Collonade is right on the green line T system. Excellent access to all points of the city. Use the system ! There is also a tour trolly that goes by the front door. Across the street is a wonderful mall with shops of all sorts if you need to shop...including many restaurants. I'll put the Collonade on my list for a return visit when in Boston.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the street...great sunsets over the city...
Dear Leasiders,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review. We truly appreciate your kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us when you can enjoy our Roof Top Pool and all the summer fun Boston has to offer!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I stay in Boston often, and this is by far one of my favorite destinations. Location--check. Service--check. Facilities--check. Easy to get to and from, staff is wonderful, very very nice restaurant and bar (try the grilled chicken paillard), and great rooms! Red Sox, Museum of Fine Arts, Prudential Center, and more all within striking distance.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mark F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words about our property and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Lewiston, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

January 2014 - In the middle of the Polar Vortex environment which covered Boston is a very warm place called "The Colonnade Hotel." There you will find attentive and exceptional staff. The food is amazing, the environment is pleasing and warm, and the rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. (The bed and pillows were amazingly comfortable). There wasn't one employee that walked by without greeting me with a warm "Hello" or a "Good Morning/Afternoon." It felt like home. Loved my visit there and left with fond memories.

Dear Ron04240 ,

I'm sorry the weather was not in our favor during your visit. However, I'm thankful our team was able to provide such warm hospitality. Our team prides ourselves on the level of service we offer to each guest. Please come back this summer and enjoy our Roof Top Pool!
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed at the Colonnade for the first time while in Boston for a conference, and was pleasantly surprised at the many little extras I experienced while there...
1) I was waiting for an associate in the lobby area - and the concierge asked me if I'd like water or coffee while waiting.
2) I had a wakeup call scheduled (which came on time) - and it was a REAL PERSON! Who greeted me by name, and asked if I needed anything else... a very nice touch.
3) This was the most incredibly comfortable bed I've ever slept in. EVER. (Yes, this should probably be #1, huh?) Others at the conference also commented on the incredible bed and pillows, so I know it wasn't just me.
4) I stopped by the front desk to ask a question a few different times, and had someone different each time - all of 'em know their business, were unfailingly cordial, cheerful, and just fun to chat with.
5) The food at the conference was amazing - enough to make me veer from my diet, with little mini-donuts and glazed croissants in the morning, to mini parfaits at the afternoon break - and the decaf coffee was always hot (not true in most places in the AM service) as well as a great selection of teas... so based on this I'd recommend their restaurant also (French brasserie) as well as comments from other conference attendees, although I didn't eat there myself.
6) They are AT the Prudential stop on the Green Line, so I was able to get there for $2.50 on the mass transit system (the "T") from the airport easily. Cannot be overstated - with luggage, in bad weather, etc, you can still easily do public trans. Walk out the door - and you're at the T stop.
Overall, I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for Boston 'home'!

Room Tip: Management was helpful in assigning a quiet room - ask!
Dear marymcd,

Thank you for such an amazing review of our hotel! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Chatham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We travelled here for a thanksgiving shopping break. From the time we arrived to when we left the staff were brilliant, nothing too much trouble.
The room was very big, with ample storage space.
Lovely area with table and chairs.
Very smart up to date coffee / tea machine which used the 'pods'.
Bathroom was a very good size.
Great idea having the ability to be able to tell staff if the room was ready for cleaning or do not disturb. This was done by buttons inside the room which illuminated outside in the corridor. Never seen this before and it worked - far better than hanging tags on the door handle.
We didn't eat in the restaurant so I cannot comment.

Hotel is well situated to get around. Just outside the hotel is a subway, handy if the weather is bad as you can get across the road via this route and end up in the shopping mall or the Cheesecake Factory :) If you turn right as you come out of the hotel and walk up a short distance on the opposite side of the road is a supermarket. Great for buying a few soft drinks or snacks.

I didn't rate the spa or breakfast as we didn't use either of these facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear dph45232 ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff and level of service. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We couldn't ask for a better-located, more comfortable, high-service hotel. Alas, everything from the posh bar to the on-site parking is pricey, but you do get what you pay for (yummy craft cocktails, i.e), and the restaurant's coffee and breakfast are very good. A special shout-out to the daytime doorman, Norman, who really does deliver service with a smile (and a free bottle of water if you're nice).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear MickWycoff ,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have great team members like Norman. I am thrilled he was able to make your stay memorable. Please come back and see us again soon!

Been to Colonnade Hotel? Share your experiences!