“Fabulous Hotel. Delighted we found it!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast and Parking
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Cork, Ireland
“Fabulous Hotel. Delighted we found it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Just back from our annual trip to Boston. This was our first time staying at this hotel. Our only regret is that we didn't find it a few years ago! The location is great. There is a t stop just outside the hotel and it's across the street from the Prudential centre and the delicious Cheesecake Factory. We booked a deluxe room. We got two king sized beds which were very comfortable. There was a full sized mirror in the bathroom and an abundance of towels. The shower was fab, really powerful. We ate breakfast every morning in Brasserie Jo's. It was delicious with really great service (special mention to our waiter Richard) and there was a great choice of food. The thing that really stood out for us in making this a great stay was the staff. From the lovely Natalie in reception, to John Paul the concierge who managed to get us on the early bus to Wrenthan on Black Friday weekend ( thanks John Paul!) to our maid Irene who was so cheerful and friendly every time we saw her. I couldn't say enough about the staff. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. We really enjoyed our stay and we're looking forward to going back next year!

• Stayed November 2013
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Allshoppedout,

Thank you for such a great review! Our team is a key to our success and I'm thankful they made such an impression on you. I’m thrilled you found your new place to stay when you’re in Boston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
+++++++
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I spent 5 nights at the Colonnade hotel over Thanksgiving break with my mother. We decided to stay at the Colonnade hotel because it is so close to the shopping malls and Newbury Street.

The Hotel lobby is nice and welcoming, and the staff welcomed me with a smile. I was able to do an early check-in at 11, because I am a part of iPrefer (Recommend it).

My room was modern looking black and white, and had a nice rounded table for studying (I am a college student :) ) and two king size beds that had probably around 10 different sized and shaped pillows and a few layers of different sheets. The room had a mini bar that was overpriced, and both champagne, wine and water glasses, plus a bottle opener that we could use for our sparking wine that we brought ;)
The bathroom was a little narrow, but we are two petites so we were able to squish together in the morning and night. The shower was really comfortable and the complimentary products were okay. (The soap smelled amazing, and they included a cleaning kit with cotton, nail file and ear cotton).

Our reservation included breakfast (we booked through onHotel.com and in the reservation it said continental breakfast - which seemed unconventional to the staff, but we got it for free - that is a croissant, muffin and a pastry - plus fresh orange juice and coffee, American breakfast is also available). The restaurant is really fancy and the staff is so lovely! My mother and I enjoyed beginning our day with breakfast because the staff was so friendly.

The gym is regular size. It is a little tight, full of equipment, but small space for weights. I was practicing yoga there, and they had decent mats to practice. However, if a guest wanted to practice with weights I was in the way for them....but I was there first right? ;)

The only problem we had with our stay, took the two stars away. We found a huge brown/Green stain on the sheets, which looked like a long line where your bottom is located when sleeping. We reported the stain to the reception and staff, and they came to look at it and removed the sheets. However, they did not appogize nor make it up to us in any way. I was shocked that a stain so big couldn't be noticed by the staff prior to our coming, and also surprised that they didn't think it was a big deal!

Despite our shock, we were happy to be located next to the shops, the mall is literally 10 steps away. Cheescake Factory is across the street, good burger place, Haru sushi is a must, and 7-11 is next to the hotel. Newbury street is walking distance.

Conclusion. Great Hotel to stay at when coming to Boston to shop (Just check your sheets before jumping under the comforter ;) )

Room Tip: Large windows on the side look over Boston. Higher floors have better view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear gugga0808,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the service we provided here at The Colonnade Hotel. I apologize you found your room to be anything less than perfect. I would like to connect with you personally about the rest of your stay. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The Colonnade Hotel is defenately a hotel I would stay at again when travelling to Boston. The room we had was very nice, quiet with good space and just perfect. The staff was exeptionally nice and helpful.

The location is great, right at Prudential Centre where there are many stores including Barnes and Nobel, Starbucks and many more. The tube (T) is just outside the hotel, which was very convenient.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room facing the back and not the street. It was very quiet. If you are staying in a ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Magga18 ,

Thank you for such a great review! Our staff is a key to our success and I'm thankful they made such an impression on you. please come back and visit us again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I spent six nights at the Colonnade Hotel while at a convention in Boston. It is directly across the street from the Pru Center, making it quite handy to the convention center. Its location also makes it easy to walk to Newbury Street or over to the South End, both of which are full of great restaurants, bars, and shopping. The room I had was spacious and comfortable. I recommend joining the iprefer loyalty club (free) as it entitles you to free wifi, higher floor, and daily newspaper. The only downside of the Colonnade, which has been mentioned in several reviews, is the heating--I kept the heat off in my room and the window cracked (it was in the 20s outside several days while I was there) and was comfortable. Otherwise, it was brutally hot, even with the thermostat on 65. I'm just glad the windows can be opened a little!

Room Tip: I can't speak for the front side of the hotel, but the back side was nice and quiet--no street n...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear drmgeorge,

Thank you for your review! I'm happy you enjoyed our location and you were able to enjoy all that the Back Bay and South End have to offer. Thank you for your compliments of our staff, the team makes every effort to go above and beyond for all of our guests. Come back and see us again soon!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a wonderful time in that Colonnade. Fantastic location and excellent staff. Both Danny and Britney were extremely helpful, booking dinners, arranging transport and organising hairdressers! Most comfortable bed and lovely breakfasts. Only small complaint, no water in rooms. Huge thanks to Nuala for late checkouts, makes all the difference when flight is in the evening. Looking foroward to going back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear DublinGirl2013,

Thank you for your review! We’re thankful our staff made a memorable stay for you. Please come back and see us again for your next shopping trip!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Recently spent 3 days in Boston at The Colonnade Hotel, had a really great time. Rest and relaxed. Easy to the subway and other eating places near by. The staff was wonderful, most helpful for me was Norman the concierge/doorman Norman. Greeted me each day with a smile, a newspaper and tips on where to find a great breakfast. He also helped me understand the subway system which is great when you are in a new city. If I get back to Boston I know where I will stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carl W,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate your compliments of Norman, he’s a large part of our success here and a valued member of our team. Please come back and visit us soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The stay got off to a rocky start. Upon arrival for a conference midnight after a late flight, the hotel was oversold (I had made the reservation in June). The Colonnade sent my colleague and I to the Marriott for a night at the expense of the hotel. Upon our return to the hotel the next day, the Colonnade upgraded our room for the inconvenience. The front desk staff was excellent as well as other personnel - bell captain, concierge etc. We really enjoyed our experience at the Colonnade. Great location for shopping and and eating! It is across the street from the Prudential Center and the Hynes Convention Center and close to Copley Square.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear AustinGal11

Thank you for your kind review! I’m thankful our staff had the opportunity to welcome you back to the Colonnade and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please reach out to me directly for any future reservations!

bcomeau@colonnadehotel.com

Been to Colonnade Hotel? Share your experiences!