“Great stay at the Colonnade” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Breakfast and Parking
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Dublin
“Great stay at the Colonnade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Another excellent stay at the colonnade. Just can't fault it - great location, spacious rooms, amazing beds, lovely food and excellent staff. Particular mention to Nuala Creedon who made our stay even more enjoyable
I've stayed in many hotels in Boston and this is by far the best - I'd highly recommend it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
ColonnadeBoston, Manager at Colonnade Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear trekkerDublin

Thank you so much for your review. Nuala is a valued member of our management team and a big part of our success. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Colonnade Hotel!

bcomeau@colonnadehotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This had been a good hotel. But problems are appearing - and travelers will want to consider:

1) The air temperature had no means of control. The only option was to turn off the heat - which did not reduce the overheat/stuffiness - so windows had to be opened (which result in issues of outside noise).

2) As other tripadvisors have noted, the beds sit on frames with sharp corners - which are dangerous.

3) In the tub, the drain runs slowly - so that when using the shower, the tub fills with water.

The hotel is well-located - but travelers should consider the problems.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear triptraveller,

I apologize that you experienced so many opportunities during your recent stay with us. Please contact me directly as I would love to talk further on correcting these issues. I look forward to hearing from you

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights as part of a shopping bus tour package. Likely could not have afforded to stay here otherwise. Very luxurious room with a fantastic view. Loved the wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling windows in the room. Beds were incredibly comfortable.
The only concern I had was that when we arrived there was a half empty bottle of spring water left in behind in our room on the table. Not sure if it belonged to the cleaning staff or a previous guest. Either way it shouldn't have been there because it meant someone wasn't doing their job. Also we weren't left enough bath towels on the second day (and there were only two of us in the room).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SandySue123,

Thank you for your review. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly do have the most comfortable beds. I’m glad you enjoyed the amazing view from your guest room. I do apologize for the discovery in your room upon arrival, that’s certainly not in line with the standards we have in place and corrective action has already been taken. Thank you for the oppurtunity to address this. Please come back and visit us again!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I attended a conference at Boston Convenetion and Exhibition Center. Fortunately we had shuttles to BCEC but the Prudentail T- stop is right outside the hotel front door. You could not have a better location for shopping, sight-seeing, and eating. I was most impressed by the courteous and accommodating nature of all of the staff, including those at the restaurant. The room was spacious and comfortable and I enjoyed the k-cup coffee maker every morning before venturing out into the chilly weather. Fortunately I did not need the room internet (I had my own MIFi) and only used the tiny business center to print my boarding pass. These two items kept me from giving the property the highest rating. Overall I enjoyed my 5 night stay and would recommend it to others.

Dear DAA6302

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the compliments regarding our staff, we’re fortunate to have a strong team whose focus is on our guests at all times. Please come back and see us again!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I brought my Niece here for a special birthday getaway. Our room was great and the staff very friendly/helpful. Our only issue was the staff had offered to have something send up for her birthday but instead of that we received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries meant for someone else's anniversary. The set up included a card for the happy couple. We called down to the desk and let them know of the error...they came and took away the mistaken items but never did acknowledge her 16th birthday on our end. Which didn't distract from our trip or our enjoyment of the weekend but was disappointing. Over all a great trip...comfortable modern room in a good locale near the Prudential Center, Newbury street and right by a MBTA stop for easy access to the city. We would stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Rachael611,

Thank you for your review. I’m happy you and your Niece enjoyed your stay at the Colonnade Hotel. However, I am deeply sorry to hear that we missed the opportunity to surprise your Niece and make her stay even more memorable. I can assure you that consistency in service is very important to us. I appreciate your comments and I will use this as a learning experience for our team here at the Colonnade Hotel.

Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

attended convention here, although away from Boston's convention and exhibition center (not easily walkable) this hotel is close to restaurants, shopping and a 24 hour grocery (Shaws); it is at a greenline T-stop (Prudential) so convenient access to government center/Fanueil Hall area. Friendly staff. Only had b-fast at restaurant but it was tasty; left coffee pots at the table. Room nicely appointed; equipped with k-cup coffee maker and barware including wine glasses and cork screw (grocery sells wine). Hotel charges $14 a day for in room Internet access which is ridiculous (low end hotels offer it for free). Business center small; charges for use, even basic computer use.

Room Tip: 10th floor front facing has nice view
Dear Amdtraveler ,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our location and everything was perfect in your guest room! We have plenty of free internet options for our guests to take advantage of. Please reach out to me directly to have your profile updated for any future reservations.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Colonnade during my trip to the APHA annual meeting. This was a wonderful hotel in the Back Bay area of Boston The room had floor to ceiling windows that looked out over the city. Beds were very comfortable and staff were extremely accomodating. I received free wireless just for signing up for their rewards program (which was free). From the doorman, to the bellman, to the desk staff and housekeeping -- everyone was great. My colleague had dinner in the restaurant and said it was excellent too. I would definitely stay in this hotel should I ever have opportunity to visit Boston again. The location wasn't great for our meeting because the meeting was at the convention center -- (but that was true for all the back bay hotels and I knew that when I made my reservations)- but it was great for all other things that anyone would want to do in Boston.

Dear colbysmom,

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful review. Thank you for the compliments of our staff! We truly believe that we have the best location in Boston. I’m glad you were able to enjoy this part of town during your time in our city. Please come back and see us when you have the opportunity to visit Boston again.

bcomeau@colonnadehotel.com

Been to Colonnade Hotel? Share your experiences!