“Decent hotel conveniently located” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

You added DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside to your Saves list
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Mount Vernon Street at Bayside Center, Boston, MA 02125 (Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from just $99!
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Portland
“Decent hotel conveniently located”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

The place could use a bit of freshening up, furnishings shabby in some rooms and spotty carpet. Overall the staff was friendly and helpful but calls for extra items are left on a voice mail and not acted on. Convenient short walk to T

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Pretty close to Logan about 12 minutes. But a spaghetti bowl of streets in this area. Very nice hotel, above avg for Doubletree. Very nice and unique pantry area that is staffed and serves more than the usual microwave fare. Parking is paid. Beds very comfy and hotel is ultra clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Stephen_Pole, General Manager at DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience our Marketplace Cafe. We have completed numerous recent upgrades to this outlet including Starbucks! Hope to see you back again soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Two minute walk to the "T" station, which will get you anywhere in Boston for $2. Shuttle to and from the airport, very nice drivers. Great coffee makers in the rooms. The staff went out of their way to give me helpful suggestions for lunch and dinner, Roland at the front desk was the best that anyone could ask for. Room was very clean, including the bathrooms. The lobby area is great for entertaining guests, and meeting other people. The bed was very comfortable, I will go back to Boston, and I will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: smokers, ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Happy to hear you enjoyed our clean comfortable hotel. We will personally recognize Roland for his outstanding service - this is not the first time! Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I'll try to itemize this as best I can..
1) The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because the rugs could use a good cleaning, and the website is a bit deceiving. Make no mistake, we had no view of a bay. However, it beats paying $300 a night, or more, downtown. Plus, it's quiet there.
2) The hotel is used mostly by business travelers, so you can get starbucks or a fruit plate, etc there.
3) You can get sandwiches, a full breakfast and midnight snacks if you need anything.
4) There is a free shuttle to the Doubletree Hilton in downtown Boston at 8AM and 12PM. You can take either of these to downtown Boston. We took the shuttle and then hopped on the Old Town Trolley tour at the downtown hotel. However, the downtown trolley doesn't take you back there, so make a note to yourself where you are. The closest trolley stop is #6. The shuttle back to the Doubletree bayside isn't until 8:30PM, so it's up to you if you can wait that long. If not, the cab ride is about $12 back.
5) Brochures to attractions are by the doors that lead to the parking lot in the back.
6) Warm cookies when you check in!
7) Staff is fantastic!
8) If you have a car, there is a Stop&Shop, Target, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Best Buy, Home Depot, and restaurants just a mile up the road. Take 93 North to exit 20. Make a left at the light, and then another left into the shopping center.
9) There's no bathroom garbage pail, which I find odd, but...there is a garbage can in the room.
10) There is a parking lot in the back of the hotel for your car. I couldn't figure out how to get in or get out, or how they figured out if I was there or not. I ended up hitting the intercom buzzer to get in or out.

ALL IN ALL:
I recommend the hotel. No real complaints...I just want to give an honest review so that you know where you're staying.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your very positive comments about our staff service. We are excited to report we are undergoing an extensive renovation in the next few months and carpet is an area we are addressing. Glad you took advantage of our shuttle service to enjoy all our great city has to offer! All bathrooms should have a garbage pail, I have sent along to housekeeping to follow up. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights on business because of the proximity to P&G and Gillette. Not a great call on my part. I got lost, called 3 times for directions, was rerouted several times (once after being hung up on) causing me to spend about 2 hours in the car. When I got to the room, they were very apologetic but the room was less than good. Cleaning was not the best, and the room smelled stale and musty. Spent $13 on internet only to discover the download speeds are so slow it took 2 hours and 40 minutes to download a 21 minute sales video. Big waste. I'm returning to Boston for a 7 day stay and I will not be booking here. The manager (Silna, I think) was extremely nice, and very apologetic, but it can't make up for a bad room. The other staff were nice as well, but still not staying here again. Plus its hard to find and very much in an odd area. $309 a night but was worth about $99.

Room Tip: I would book some place else. Internet speed and cleanliness are horrible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I am pleased to hear about the good service our team provided throughout your stay however I'm very concerned about the cleanliness concern. I also appreciate your feedback on the internet speed. Our regional IT team is currently conducting an assessment on our bandwidth and we are considering increaseing that. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly at your leisure, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your cleanliness concern further.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011 via mobile

I very much enjoyed my stay there. It seemed more business focussed, but it was worth it for the price. The hotel is about a 5 min walk to the train station and a 15_20 min ride into the downtown area. There was also a free airport shuttle, and the driver was very friendly and gave me great advice for my travels.

• Stayed September 2011
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I'm a fairly savvy traveler both for business and recreation, and on a recent trip settled on the Doubletree (DT) Club given its relatively easy connection to train service and the airport. It also happened to be the most cost effective property that was close - $250. Most other properties in the area for the evening I stayed averaged $400+. While I've had good stays with DT in the past, this was sadly my worst experience and didn't meet the typical DT standard.

Items of note:
1. Stain on welcome pillow
2. Air Conditioner unit in room would only operate in 'fan' mode - given a heating issue on the floor I was on (6th), a working AC unit would have been expected and as a result the room was hot and miserable
3. Tub drain backed up during shower

I reported these issues to management on-site at the property, and was disappointed by a rather laissez-faire attitude about the problems. For $250 a night, I expect more than just an 'ok, thanks', even some sort of compensation or credit offer would seem to be justified.

While I hope this is an anomaly at this property, I would recommend checking your room amenities thoroughly upon arrival when staying here. I hope that these issues can be resolved for future travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback . Any guest that reports a concern throughout their stay should be a high priority. If you could please contact the hotel directly at your leisure, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Been to DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside? Share your experiences!