“Fantastic find!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Boston
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am so glad we took the chance on staying here. The location cannot be beat! We were steps away from Fanueil Hall/Quincy Marketplace as well as the waterfront. Walk to Boston Common and Public Garden about 10 minutes. Parking for the night only cost $12 with validated ticket. 24 hour market a couple of doors down, as well as Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks (which is helpful because the hotel lacks a restaurant). Coffee was ever-present in lobby, which was surprisingly modern and had a high-end yet comfortable feel. I enjoyed the mix of exposed brick from the original building with modern touches! Hotel very clean and relaxed, rooms much bigger than I expected. Beds were comfortable, hot water aplenty, free Hbo... I could go on, but I'm basically rehashing what other have already stated. I would like to say that the pictures on the company's website don't really do this place justice- it appeared nicer in person.
A couple of minor suggestions, which would NOT prevent me from staying here again:
- there are no vending machines or anywhere in the hotel to get something to drink. Not a big deal since the convenience store is on the same block, but it would be nice to get a bottle of water without having to put my coat on.
- garbage left in hallway all day. I saw this is someone else's comment before my trip and noticed the same thing upon my arrival, then saw it later twice after going back to the hotel. Still there the next morning even when housekeeping cart was in the same hallway (she had to have seen it!) Despite this oversight though, everything else was perfectly clean.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about the noise from the street at night choose an interior room- extremely qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

One reason the rates here are comparatively good, is that management has invested in excellent amenities, but avoided the sort of ego-satisfying fluff that make a lodging place a monument. The unassuming entry tells you this immediately, as the friendly and very helpful staff welcome you, promptly take care of business and get you on your way to a nice quiet room. We enjoyed a clean and very quiet king bed room on the Atrium (no view - if you want to see the sights get outdoors!) with excellent bath, bedding and space to spare. The free WiFi works, and my cell actually gets a good signal! There is no room service or attached restaurant, which makes eminent sense as a host of very good restaurants are within a block or two, a convenience store occupies a nearby corner, and Quincy Market/Fanueil Hall offers a vast range of indoor and outdoor dining of all styles.
TRANSPORTATION: Do NOT keep a car here, as parking is expensive, and difficult. However, the 'T' (Boston's subway system) is nice and stops right outside the front door, there are always taxis in the area, and many tour busses and tours of the harbor depart nearby. The 'T' from the airport is a two stop ride, and taxis to the airport affordable.
You may not need transportation at all, though, as so many of Bostons attractions are within walking distance, and walking in downtown Boston is a treat.
EVEN BETTER! We noticed late in our visit (April 7-10, '13) that the space next door was getting a major remake, and discovered that it was to become additional common space and rooms for the Harborside, including a Starbucks Coffee station and bigger lobby, again adding the essentials only for guest comfort.

WE LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend from 4/6-4/8. We absolutely loved everything about this small, perfectly located hotel. The price for our queen size bed room was so great for this area in Boston.

Location: The is the 1st best feature of this hotel. Steps to Quincy Market, T stations, and the marina. Being on State street really was convenient to get around.

Hotel: If you blink you can drive right past the sign for the hotel. As soon as you pull onto State it's right on the left. Check in was a breeze and we were able to get a room at 10:30 AM for early check in which we very much appreciated. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful throughout the entire weekend when we asked little questions.

Room: We stayed in room 202. Right off the elevator we were the first room on the left. I was nervous at first thinking "oh great we are going to have to here the elevator all night." I was pleasantly wrong. Was very quiet. There was a window, but the window didn't look into anything at all, which was strange. Room had very high ceilings, so the A/C was cranking and it never got cool in the room which was a huge downer, but we didn't complain about it. There was a table and two chairs, a mini fridge, a TV, and safe. The safe we wanted to use, but didn't as there was two options to use; either with a credit card or with using a code and the lock button. Well there was no lock button and I refused to use my credit card! Bed was wicked soft, almost too soft, but I'd rather have it be too soft then hard at all! And loved the touch light switches next to each side of the bed!

Bathroom: Shower took a few minutes to get hot so make sure you let it run for a bit before getting in. Great water pressure! Also, and this may be odd, but I loved that there was air freshener in the bathroom. This is not something that is typically in hotel rooms and I wish it was more. Since the room was small and the bed is no more than 2 feet from the door this was a nice little treat to have!

Parking: 2 day parking at the garage they recommend you use cost us $40.80! This is amazing to me! They validated when we left to get this rate. I wish however though there was an underground walk way to go from the garage to the hotel. It's a pain to get from the garage back to the front of the hotel to pick up your luggage. Not the hotels fault, just my thought for a great option one day!

Few things: Ice machine is located in the basement; they don't use key cards, you actually get a key and it's a bit of a pain to try and open the door.

We had a great weekend, and I would definitely stay here again.

Pompano beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Clean, modern, and centrally located! The staff was very friendly and helpful! I arrived early, and the gentleman at the front desk let me check my bags in early until my room was ready! The hotel is located right in front of the blue line and about two blocks from Faneuil Hall! We had a wonderful day in Boston, and it was great to be able to have such a short walk back to the hotel! We had a "cabin room" which is in the basement, and doesn't have any windows, which I didn't know what to expect! I was pleasantly surprised, by the spacious, comfortable, and high end feel of the room! The next morning we had a seven am flight. The front desk attendant assured me that the train ride to the airport shuttle would be easy and get me there on time! He gave me great directions and made me feel at home! Thank you for the great service and experience!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Although nothing special to look at from the outside, inside you will find a calm and comfortable place to stay. The location is nothing short of excellent, making this an outstanding value for money hotel. The staff on the front desk are helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well equipped for a hotel in this price bracket. If we visit Boston again, this hotel will be our first choice.

Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I began a 2 week trip to Spain with an overnight stop at the Harborside, on the recommendation of my brother who had stayed there and was very keen on the hotel as well as the location. I was not disappointed with either. I met my daughter for a Restaurant Week dinner at the nearby Custom House. As my trans-Atlantic flight left late the next day, I was able to spend hours wandering on foot around Boston, which I hadn't done for some time. I had breakfast at Tony's a small lively local spot, I'd been to before and was happy to find still open.The friendly hotel staff kept my luggage for even after I checked out. When it was time to head to Logan, I took the water taxi from the docks at Columbus Park across the street. The subway is also a convenient way to the airport from Harborside on the Aquarium line. All in all a lovely start to my vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We would highly recommend the Harborside Inn after our recent stay in April, 2013. The location was ideal and the metro stop is only steps away. Easy access to Logan. Pleasant staff. Very modern with clean, comfortable rooms. We were on the 8th floor with a city view and it was very quiet. Free wi-fi is a plus.
If you're looking for a lot of amenities or very large rooms, you may want to look elsewhere. But if you want a clean, modern and comfortable room in a great location, this hotel is a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Harborside Inn? Share your experiences!