Completed an ambitious road trip from Toronto>Boston>New York City with some friends earlier this year. We booked online from London, England. The 3 reasons we choose this hotel were...
1. 4 friends sharing one room- check.
2. Parking available on site for our car- check
3. Cheap price (especially when split between 4)- check
We arrived later than expected to the hotel. No problem, friendly staff explained to us how the parking worked etc.. and even let me pay on a UK cash card as opposed to a credit card (which we did not have). Our stay lasted 2 days, we spent little time in the room but this was because we were sight seeing/drinking..
The room was basic, but huge. More than enough room for 4. Fresh towels and sheets. We felt safe enough leaving our possessions in the suitcases.
The hotel is on the edge of the city and right on the main road -easy to find from the freeway, great for a roadtrip! We has a road facing window and was quiet as any city hotel. Its on the outskirts but not too far. There is a metro line about 2 minute walk (which will take you anywhere in the city) or alternatively about 15 min walk to the center of the city (we walked, it was enjoyable and the weather was good), a cab cost about $8-10 dollars.
Positives: Boston is my favorite American city. Lots of beauty and history, I would recommend taking a look at the wharf, and the freedom trail, maybe the Cheers bar. HAHA. It also has great midweek nightlife and the bars felt more like London than New York. There was also a biggish student vibe but not overwhelming to the more mature visitor. We had a lovely evening on UNION STREET- there was about 10 pubs/bars each with is own varying entertainment (live music/sports/karaoke)
Negatives: No gym, and pool was closed in April.
- Also Known As:
- Midtown Hotel Boston
- Midtown Motel Boston
- Midtown Boston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown Boston, The Midtown Hotel blends comfort and convenience with affordability. This moderately priced hotel, nestled in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay. Just steps away from The Prudential Center, Copley Place and the Hynes Convention Center this downtown hotel is near three subway stops on both the green and orange lines. Nearby Fenway Park, The Museum of Fine Arts, Symphony Hall, and the elegant restaurants and boutique shops of Newbury Street make Boston an exciting city to visit and The Midtown Hotel the place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Midtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.