“AMAZING LOCATION” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Superior, Wisconsin
“AMAZING LOCATION”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

It couldn't have been any better. We took the short subway ride from the airport- and got out across the street from the hotel. The hotel is so pretty. The location is one block from marketplace, surrounded by great restaurants, and convenience stores. It is a very short walk to the waterfront with amazing parks and walkways along the water. Also a short walk to anything historical and the wonderful Italian North End. The subway is easy to use- walked to Boston Common- Beacon Hill area and just hopped back on subway to get home.
Trip Advisor did not steer me wrong- I use this site whenever we travel.
Thanks everyone for putting in your input.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

We booked this hotel directly through Marriott web site for the price of 189 US$ plus tax. We do know Marriott Vacation Club International because we are members, although we had never traded our weeks with one in Boston before. We stayed only one night, before travelling to Cape Cod. We knew that the one in Boston had only one-bedroom suite (other MVCI resorts feature usually 2 bedrooms).
We were given room n. 0206 on the second floor. The room was on two different level: on the upper floor there was the king size bed (really comfortable), and on the first floor there was the kitchen and the living room. The room was overall nice and cozy but not as much as rooms that are shown on both Marriott and MVCI web sites!... So I guess we were given a “bad” room because we were staying only one night.
But what I did not like at all is that our kitchen was fake! We did have the microwave oven, dishes and glasses but not the hotplates! I was upset since we were travelling with our 16-month son and I had to cook the dinner for him. Fortunately, due to jet lag, he was very sleepy so I solved the problem with a bottle of milk and he fell asleep. The following day we left the hotel. But I would have been really upset about the kitchen if I had stayed longer.
The hotel is overall nice and the location is really beautiful. The building itself is a real gem, probably the nicest among Financial District's skyscrapers. One thing I adored was the view from the upper floor of it, which is open not only for the hotel’s guests but for every visitor. It was freezing but the view was incredible!!
I would stay at this hotel again in the future, despite the problem I had with the kitchen.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Custom House for a weekend getaway. It rained almost the whole weekend but we didn't mind because we were so comfortable in our room. The suite was huge with a kitchenette. It was very clean which is very important to me, as I get grossed out easily. The bed is comfortable. There are two flat screen TVs - one in the bedroom and one is the living room. It's a shame that they don't do room service so you could take advantage of the dining table.

Ellen, the Concierge, was wonderful. She spent a lot of time helping us plan one of our evenings. She made a reservation for us at a great Italian/Peruvian restaurant called Taranta which we loved! She made sure we had a romantic table by the window upstairs with her favorite waiter, Nad. She even arranged complimentary desserts for us.

The hotel is in the financial district which is a great central location. Kingfish Hall is close by which is delicious seafood. Otherwise, you can easily hop in a cab in a few minutes to get to restaurants and shopping in the North and South End.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Stayed here over the weekend with some friends for a milstone birthday party. We were interested in finding a place near Faneuil Hall and the North End for drinks and dinner, but we wanted to find a suite that could accommodate everyone. Well, for the price and size of the room - the Custom House couldn't be beat. Each room can accommodate three people (two on the King size bed and another on the pull-out couch), and the living / dining room area of each suite could comfortably fit eight. It's a terrific place to shop in the daytime; come back to the room and relax with wine, appetizers and friends; catch a view of the sunset over the city from the observation deck; and then head-out for dinner (within easy distance to stumble back to bed)!

I should also mention that the hotel is very clean. Also, although we didn't use the staff's services because we're locals, we did see them eagerly assisting tourists (e.g., booking tours, giving restaurant recommendations, helping with parking, etc). There is also a dining room on the second floor of the hotel, which serves breakfast each morning, but we had brought our own food and didn't partake.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Troy, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2010

Top notch rooms and service. You cannot beat this location. Park your car and walk for the rest of your stay. This is the ONLY hotel actually IN Quincey Mkt! Very historic yet modern and up to date.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I just came back from a cold weekend in Boston and must say that this is the best hotel experience I've had in quite some time. I took my son to watch the Celtics vs. Lakers game, at the TD Garden, and seleceted this hotel based on price, location and reputation on Trip Advisor.

The three elements on which I based my decision for this hotel were exceeded by far!

The price was very competitive to other hotels around the same area, including other Marriott hotels. The location could not have been better, specially considering the temparatutre that we had over the weekend (20F). The historic sites are within walking distance, the best stores are within footsteps and the restaurant variety was superb. As for the reputation on Trip Advisor I think that this hotel was a bit underrrated. This hotel has very big rooms, excellent service throughout the hotel and the most clean and comforable room I've been in a long time.

Even though our favorite team lost that weekend, the Marriott Custome House gave me the perfect excuse to go back to cheer for my favorite NBA team again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Westerly,RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

We just did a one nighter in Boston and decided on staying here after reading the reviews on TA.The Villa was beautiful and it smelled like fresh paint.It was perfect for the two of us and for a couple of none city people we found that we could walk to just about everything safely.A ton of food choices within 15 minutes walk,some just a few steps away.You will be approached by beggars,but we kindly told them no.They all have the same story and I have a feeling that they make a better living then me.They were pretty polite when I said no,just kind of a pain,especially when they kind of blocked restaurant doors.Other than that it was perfect.We will stay here again when staying in the city.We walked to the Commons and Beacon Hill area during the day and stayed around Faniuel Hall at night.Great time.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's Custom House? Share your experiences!