Pros: Location, Views, Spacious, Activities, Great Staff, History
Cons: Pricey (but worth it), No Pool, I Only Booked One Night
I am not a timeshare or vacation club purchasing kind of guy, but this place may just change me!
First the cons: No pool? Who cares! With everything to see and do in Boston and the other activities available in the hotel, you don't have time to swim! Pricey? If you can afford the hotel, pay the price, it is worth it! Don't stay one night, because you will not be ready to leave.
I was in town for business and pleasure and had an open night. We wanted to tour around downtown and with two young children, did not want to walk further than necessary. So something close to the Freedom Trail was desirable. Originally we chose a hotel in the Seaport area as it was considerably less expensive, but after looking at this place, I decided to switch and WOW am I glad I did!
We arrived around noon, well before check in, and were told our room was not ready. That was to be expected as check in is at 4:00; however, the other person working at the desk jumped on the computer and quickly found us another room on the 11th floor. We were blown away with the room. The furnishings were beautiful and looked brand new, the enormous windows stretched to the very high ceilings, letting in tons of light and providing beautiful views to the East and South. We didn't want to leave the room!
On the 26th floor, the open air observation deck provided beautiful views of the city. In the morning I returned and watched sunrise, which I highly recommend, this must be the best place in Boston to see the city. On the 24th floor, there is a game room, this was not what I expected. I hear game room and I think of a small room with a few dated video games, wrong! This floor had air hockey and a pool table as well as checkers, chess, backgammon. It also provided wonderful views of the city and an education on the workings of the clock tower. You can see the clock in operation and look behind the clock face. My kids loved this space!
After touring the town, our room was a wonderful place to come home to, and it really felt like home. The room was quiet and comfortable and the uniqueness of the rooms made the experience special.
In the morning I noticed that the hotel provided kids activities, so we went to the front desk where my kids received kits to make airplanes. This kept them busy as we packed up in order to check out by 11:00. As we were checking out, a staff member told us to wait as she had something for the kids. A moment later she returned with a stuffed animal lobster for each of them, this made their day!
Thank you Custom House! We will return and will stay longer next time!!!
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Custom House Hotel Boston
- Marriott`s Custom House Hotel
- Marriotts Custom Hotel
- Marriotts Custom Resort
- Marriott Boston
- Boston Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott's Custom House is located in the heart of historic Downtown Boston. Our Vacation Club Resort offers 84 beautiful villas, all with King Sized Beds with Sofabeds. The Resort offers modern day amenities, such as Free Wi-Fi Internet Access, cocktail lounge with live entertainment on select nights, Boston's only Kid's Zone, and much more in one of Boston's most historic and recognizable buildings. Book your stay today! **Please Note: Marriott's Custom House is a Timeshare Facility** ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Marriott's Custom House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.