“Excellent location, No complaints” 4 of 5 stars

XV Beacon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108 (Beacon Hill)   |
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Boston
clermont fl
“Excellent location, No complaints”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a strong 4 star...Really just about 5 stars though I tend to only give 5...when a place is not just great...but, rather unusually great/unique.."MUST" go back etc.
The location is amazing. The rooms are nice in a way that beautifully merges modern swanky with Boston conservative. Easy-to-use fireplaces are a great touch...Good food...Service was very good though it definitely has an inner-city 'working for tips' kind of feel...which, for me, may be what slimmed my score down slightly from 5 to 4 stars --Don't get me wrong..Can't complain ...Service was great...It just didn't jump out at me as 'warm' or 'sincere' but hey, it is busy, brash Boston!
We were there as a surprise getaway weekend for my girlfriend who has always wanted to visit boston and she loved the hotel..I loved it too...even if I "only" gave it 4 stars

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Blackwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Being in the travel industry and having never had the pleasure of staying at a Luxury hotel I decided a few weeks back stay here at the XV Beacon in Boston. So glad I did!! When you walk into this hotel you are greeted by the fantastic doormen who were so helpful with directions, points of interest and just over all super. The hotel lobby is very small but full of charm and comfort. The front desk where you ck is right when you walk into the door which can cause a bit of a traffic jam when they are busy. Heading up to the room the elevators are small and old style and slow. They are in good working order but slow getting to the top floor which is 10 floors with room.

The hotel does not offer the complementary car / driver to pick you up at the airport however they will take you back to the airport for a $40 fee. Cab ride is about $30 bucks one way.
Now this Lexus and driver will take you and drop you off anyplace in Boston within a 2 mile radius however picking you up for your location is not really what they do. Although I was told if you pre arrange it and they are NOT busy it can be an option.

When you ck into the hotel they of course take your card for incidentals and they actually put a $400.00 hold on your card so make sure you have enough on what ever card you use to not cause you any issues while traveling. This became an issue when I went to get my car rental..Now the hotel took care of this issue ASAP and all was good.
I knew hotels took the card info just in case however I was NOT informed of the actual charge on hold. And when I checked in I did sign a guest signature card which I suppose I should have read better..When I travel I do not pack a ton of cash or to many credit cards so this was a bit of a shock!
The staff over all was wonderful very helpful and kind.

This hotel is full of old world and modern touches
The hotel is in a really great location right on Beacon St between Copley Sq to the right and Feneuil Hall to the left. Make sure you take your walking shoes lol.

The hotel is truly a Luxury Boutique hotel. I would not really recommend it for families as the rooms are smaller yet nicely appointed with beautiful furnishings. Every room has a fireplace and cozy robes for the guest enjoyment. The linens are top of the line and very nice to lay in after a long day of walking around Boston sightseeing. Not every room has a tub and the room I had did not have one although the rooms that do most if not all of the tubs are jetted.

Every room has a fully stocked mini fridge with top of the line soda, energy drinks, top shelf liquor, juices and water. Rooms also have fully stocked snack drawer full of goodies for your enjoyment. Although costly it is right there for you to enjoy.

One thing I found very strange and really do not agree with the thinking on this is that every room is without a coffee pot! For the price one will pay to stay here I really feel the least the hotel can do is supply a coffee pot or at least 1 large complimentary coffee pot per room.
When I called down to the front desk very early around 6am the next morning wondering if perhaps the pot was hidden someplace in the beautiful wall unit I was advised NO in fact the rooms do not have coffee pots in them. I was advised in fact I could purchase a small pot for $4 or a large pot for $6. After asking the front desk gentleman where the closest Starbucks was I was prepared to head on down the street to get some coffee. I was disappointed at this lack of Java in my room and as I was getting up to get my day started a knock on the door came, it was a nice young man with a large pot of coffee complements of the hotel. Thanks again Issac..All of this transpired in less then 10 minutes..

Overall I loved this hotel it was small, quiet, cozy and again the staff was awesome.. I would recommend this property to any business traveler who needs to be in the downtown area or for anyone who is just going to have some fun in Bean Town for a few days.
I did not eat dinner at MOOS the restaurant as it is costly. I did have some breakfast there the Blueberry Beignets are to die for and that thick cut Applewood bacon..Good eats right there.

Lovely hotel, great staff, great location can't beat it..

Room Tip: No pool - not able to unclick No spa- not able to unclick
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of it is being part of Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR). During our stay in September 2013 , the hotel was undergoing facade renovation. We did not know but they said they had already informed our agency, Amex. The room , room 401, that we had was nice but cozy with fireplace. However, at night, there was constant noise in which we were not sure whether it was the construction or the piping. We closed all the window but the noise was still coming in and very annoying. Thus, we hardly sleep fully at all for both nights that we stayed. Also, the direction of the air from the air condition was blowing toward the head in which you could not adjust so we turned off the air condition. We did inform the Front desk about these problem during the time we checked out. He apologized and will check the noise. To my surprise, being part of the FHR, we never received any apology letter from the GM. Anyhow, we will choose to stay somewhere else for our next visit to Boston.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I love everything about this hotel. It's gorgeous, staff is super attentive and the service is amazing and the location can't be beat. Can pretty much walk everywhere.... And if you can't, they have a car that will take you there! I love the corner suite, amazing lounging living room area with fireplace and comfortable furniture.... Canopy beds.... Amazing sound systems wired into the rooms.... It's to die for. All the rooms are. Everyone I have ever had switch over to this hotel as their go to in Boston has been thrilled with their experiance and has yet to go back to the other 5 and 4 star hotels they were staying at prior. Yes, I said 5 star hotels. This hotel, in my opinion would be a 5 star if not for it's small size.... But that's also why I love it!!! Oh, and check out Mooo when you are there... Even if for a quick dinner at the bar. It's amazing!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have always loved staying at this hotel. It's in the heart of Boston and feet away from everything, if you can't walk it, they will drive you. I felt like I was "It" when I got out of the car and people around thinking "Who is that"?

From the time I checked in and went to my room the staff gave 100%,

I live in the city and from time to time I just want to check into a room and relax, a mini staycation.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the city. You will thank me.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights and found it to be awesome. Our room was lovely and we found the service to be excellent. We used their complimentary car a couple of times and found it was always available when we needed it. We were celebrating a birthday and they had a cake and champagne delivered to the room before we checked in. The location is great, easy access to the train station, and restaurants, shopping, everything. We never ate in the restaurant Moo, but had drinks there and the ambiance was great. We prefer boutique hotels over large name brand hotels, and found this to be one of the best. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Santa Monica, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I booked 15 Beacon over the Taj and other much less expensive, but better quality hotels because of the hotel's relationship with Amex. I woke up cracking my neck because of the lumpy, terrible pillows and soft queen bed. Invest in better bedding immediately!!

The staff was very nice in the restaurant, front desk and bellmen. Give them a better product to represent!

Not worth the $$!!

Room Tip: Insist on a king size bed and a view of something other than the building next door!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to XV Beacon? Share your experiences!