“A Jewel In the Diadem of Boston” 4 of 5 stars

XV Beacon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108 (Beacon Hill)   |
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Boston
New York City, New York
“A Jewel In the Diadem of Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the XV Beacon for 5 nights, right before embarking on a non-stop 5-month world tour. Whilst I have been fortunate enough to have experienced many travels, all around the world, two distinctions that makes any hotel special: namely, personalisation, and service. XV Beacon in Boston has both - in spades! Check-in was easy, and relaxed, with the well-trained staff were superlative in their service, and remembering one's name. Rooms are decent, as are beds and sheets. Housekeeping was prompt & kept everything maintained impeccably, and even the doormen were eager to please (and, yes, I do confess to tipping) - everybody seemed invested in making all their visitors' stay a memorable one. If that was the sole reason, XV Beacon deserves a 15, out of 10. Note: hotel IS showing its age, but given its historical surroundings, I am sure it is being worked on. A MUST for Boston, alongside the Mandarin Oriental, or Intercontinental - but so much more intimate, and special. Note: The hotel's custom brown Lexus books up quickly - make your plans in advance, and let the concierge, or driver know. Definitely a stay to remember. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times for business and pleasure. It is situated along the Freedom Trail. The staff is friendly and service oriented. The Restaurant, Moo, serves amazing steak and seafood and has won numerous awards. Rooms are large and have fireplaces. No pool or real exercise room beyond a couple of machines. Would not stay here with kids, but a great business or couples hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed 1 night as part of a group. Room lovely, loved the fireplace, but the hotel cannot get cell phone service in the rooms. They said it was due to it being old property, but really in this day and age I am not interested in going outside to be able to use my cell phone especially for 400 a night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The guest room was very large and very well appointed in a masculine and classic style. Location was great for walking the popular sights and enjoying the Boston Common. Staff was friendly and helpful with late checkout and providing transportation to airport.

Room Tip: Corner room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the XV Beacon for 3 nights in September 2012. Firstly the location is great - albeit a little busy. Beacon Hill is close to everything and a lovely place to walk around. The hotel itself is fairly small and very traditional in style. The lobby is tiny. However the rooms are fairly large and very comfortable. I had high expectations and in general it lived up to those although it's not a place that instantly wows you.

• Stayed September 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here last weekend and endorse it fully. I booked using Amex FHR program. We were upgraded to a corner room on the 10th floor at check in and offered check out at 4pm. The room was well appointed and spacious. It was somewhere between Vegas sheek and Four Season timeless. The location of the property made walking the first option often. With the advent of services such as trip advisor, yelp, and zagat we don't take full advantage of concierge services but whenever we asked for confirmation or reassurance of place we selected the concierge was most helpful. Possibly our favorite feature of the hotel was the courtesy car. In most cases the house car was a Rolls Royce Ghost. Some times we were forced to "settle" for one of the house Lexus'. Great place. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

A New Yorker raving about anything "Boston". Well, here goes....I stayed at the XV Beacon for one night but seeing that is was my first time at the hotel, I arrived early to check in. From the get go, I felt like a long time returning guest. The doorman/valet quickly approached me as I pulled up in my car and greeted me. Entering the hotel I felt like I was in a wealthy friends estate. Extremely tastefully decorated with the warmth of a "family" feeling. My room was on the 10th floor and was extremely elegant, but with a comfortable vibe. Nice working area, excellent lighting and fixtures. The fireplace is an awesome touch and felt like I was in a british novel as I worked in my room for a few hours. I never left or entered the hotel without being greeted with a hello or goodbye. I rarely sleep straight through the night at hotels, but at the XV Beacon in my cozy bed, I slept for 8 solid hours. The personal touches here are excellent. The staff seems to really want you to enjoy yourself, and it shows. I had drinks at the bar at Mooo. Cozy bar with plenty of room to relax Had breakfast there the next morning and it was superb. I cannot wait for my next trip to Boston so I can see everyone again at the the XV Beacon. Highly reccomend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to XV Beacon? Share your experiences!