“Fantastic Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Boston” 5 of 5 stars

XV Beacon
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Beacon St, Boston, MA 02108 (Beacon Hill)   |
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Fantastic Boutique Hotel in the Heart of Boston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times for business and pleasure. It is situated along the Freedom Trail. The staff is friendly and service oriented. The Restaurant, Moo, serves amazing steak and seafood and has won numerous awards. Rooms are large and have fireplaces. No pool or real exercise room beyond a couple of machines. Would not stay here with kids, but a great business or couples hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed 1 night as part of a group. Room lovely, loved the fireplace, but the hotel cannot get cell phone service in the rooms. They said it was due to it being old property, but really in this day and age I am not interested in going outside to be able to use my cell phone especially for 400 a night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The guest room was very large and very well appointed in a masculine and classic style. Location was great for walking the popular sights and enjoying the Boston Common. Staff was friendly and helpful with late checkout and providing transportation to airport.

Room Tip: Corner room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at the XV Beacon for 3 nights in September 2012. Firstly the location is great - albeit a little busy. Beacon Hill is close to everything and a lovely place to walk around. The hotel itself is fairly small and very traditional in style. The lobby is tiny. However the rooms are fairly large and very comfortable. I had high expectations and in general it lived up to those although it's not a place that instantly wows you.

• Stayed September 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here last weekend and endorse it fully. I booked using Amex FHR program. We were upgraded to a corner room on the 10th floor at check in and offered check out at 4pm. The room was well appointed and spacious. It was somewhere between Vegas sheek and Four Season timeless. The location of the property made walking the first option often. With the advent of services such as trip advisor, yelp, and zagat we don't take full advantage of concierge services but whenever we asked for confirmation or reassurance of place we selected the concierge was most helpful. Possibly our favorite feature of the hotel was the courtesy car. In most cases the house car was a Rolls Royce Ghost. Some times we were forced to "settle" for one of the house Lexus'. Great place. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

A New Yorker raving about anything "Boston". Well, here goes....I stayed at the XV Beacon for one night but seeing that is was my first time at the hotel, I arrived early to check in. From the get go, I felt like a long time returning guest. The doorman/valet quickly approached me as I pulled up in my car and greeted me. Entering the hotel I felt like I was in a wealthy friends estate. Extremely tastefully decorated with the warmth of a "family" feeling. My room was on the 10th floor and was extremely elegant, but with a comfortable vibe. Nice working area, excellent lighting and fixtures. The fireplace is an awesome touch and felt like I was in a british novel as I worked in my room for a few hours. I never left or entered the hotel without being greeted with a hello or goodbye. I rarely sleep straight through the night at hotels, but at the XV Beacon in my cozy bed, I slept for 8 solid hours. The personal touches here are excellent. The staff seems to really want you to enjoy yourself, and it shows. I had drinks at the bar at Mooo. Cozy bar with plenty of room to relax Had breakfast there the next morning and it was superb. I cannot wait for my next trip to Boston so I can see everyone again at the the XV Beacon. Highly reccomend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We really liked the hotel. Here are the best things about it: 1) Very quiet. We went to bed early every night and napped during the day and I didn't hear one noise. Not in the street, not in the hall, no doors slamming, staff walking about/talking--nothing. I never even saw anyone else on our floor. 2) Complementary car. Every night the hotel's wonderful driver took us to dinner in a Rolls Royce. And he gave us his card and when he was free (most of the time), he picked us back up. Now the car was booked every other time we needed it, but for the evenings we'd booked it ahead it was amazing. 3) Concierge. Took care of everything we needed, was never busy. Negatives: Really there is only one. We arrived about 3:00 and our room wasn't ready. The hotel offered to buy us drinks in the bar while we waited, but I wasn't interested. After a four hour flight I was ready to check in! Our room was ready 45 minutes later, but still, very aggravating. And I'm torn on the location. Part of me liked it because it was so quiet and very close to all the Freedom Trail stuff. We could walk to Faneuil Hall and the North End. It was also very close to Boston Common. On the other hand, it might have been nice to be closer to Newbury. Next time I'll probably give the Taj a try. If I'm being extremely picky the sheets on the bed were very scratchy, but housekeeping made up for it, they were great and had always come when we returned to our room, even if it was around lunchtime and they always did a great turndown service too. If you like quiet luxury boutique hotels I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to XV Beacon? Share your experiences!