“Dingy, Uncomfortable and Vacant” 1 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, MA
“Dingy, Uncomfortable and Vacant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2005

My fiance and I decided to stay in boston for the weekend. I read good things about the Seaport Hotel and they were running a promo so I booked us there. We had a "harbor-view" room, which was not harbor view. It faced another building and if you really turned your head you could look at the harbor. Do not be fooled by the pictures of the rooms, it doesn't look like that. The comforter on the bed looked like it was from the 1970's and it felt disgusting. The room was dark and drab. Incredibly plain.

We decided we'd try to make a go of it and went out to look around. There is nothing around the hotel. The pool is just a lap pool, not very relaxing and no hot tub in there. We decided we were just going to leave, it was not at all what we were expecting. We went to complain after an hour of being there and the hotel manager was completely unreceptive to my feedback. He said he has never heard a complaint before... (not exactly superb customer service). He informed me I was from Acton, MA, i should know what this hotel is like. Bottomline, he refused to let us leave without a $50 payment for "room cleaning". Well, I hope the $50 is worth all the bad reviews my fiance and I are posting. I don't think I have ever been so unsatisfied in my life.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

We had a great stay at this hotel. The staff is exceptional and the hotel is beautiful! You do not have to tip... in fact they will not accept tips. The front desk has the best recommendations for food. The bathroom was beautiful and the beds are comfortable. We would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2005

We had a great trip with our pup to Boston. The staff was terrific and we felt exceptionally welcome. The indoor pool was great, but it is a small lap pool and they should have a kiddie area. The indoor gym was good too.
The weather was terrible one day and my husband and I enjoyed having a casual dinner in the bar area watching the boats and the airplanes take off from Logan.
Yes, the location isn't prime b/c you have to schlep to the subway. It is close to the children's museum.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2005

ROOMS: Average. Nothing great, not luxury if that's what you are expecting. Feels very business class, in other words, beige and cream interior, ship theme art, blonde wood furniture that has an IKEA feel to it. Again, nothing great. I only paid a special rate of $99 so to me, it was fine. If I had paid normal rates I would have been disappointed. Bathrooms are great, I liked the city, the marble and granite, the water pressure in the shower was good. The tubs are not deep though, so don't expect a long comfortable soak. Mattress and Pillows are great. TV movies are $10.95, not worth it.
ROOM TIP:Ask for upper floor harborside because most city side views give you a view of a large building.
GYM: Nice. Clean. Small hallway shape. Rude receptionist, acted like I was bothering her by asking where cardio machines were located (my first time). Mostly men on business trips trying to maintain 55+ yr old bodies. Not an eye candy gym. Clean though, nice clean locker room.
RECEPTION/CONCIERGE: Friendly, Informative, Professional. Best part of experience.
LOCATION: BAD unless you are attending conference at the World Trade Center, which is attached. City is so close, but yet so far, no public transportation so you either walk 30 minutes to attractions or you call a cab because they don't stay in the area for long. Only good walking distance resturant is Anthony's Pier = seafood is great.
ROOM SERVICE: Room service is $26 for a 10" cheese pizza (after fees and tax) so call Domino's - they deliver right to your room. Resturant in the hotel lacks ambiance. Food is overpriced but okay to the palette. Gift shop, lobby, bar, lobby, bake shop are all very nice but very "business" class feeling - nothing really special or exclusive.
CLEANLINESS: Five Stars. No hairs in tub or on floor or sink which is rare in frequently visited hotels. The room sparkled, which to me, matters immensely.
Would I stay again? Yes if I were attending a trade show, NO if I were there to hang out in Boston because the location totally -----.

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2004

The Seaport represents one of the best deals in Boston. If you can deal with being a mile or so from Downtown you can get a 5 Star Hotel at a bargain price. The accomodations are excellent, especially the "corner" rooms. Restaurant and bar serve great food. The staff are helpful.

The staff cannot except tips, so gratuity is added automatically to everything.

The hotel offers free internet access and wireless access everywhere.

I highly recommend this hotel if you can stand being away from the "downtown" action.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2004

Great hotel, very accommodating. Non smoking environment should be followed by more hotels. First place I try to book when staying in Boston, love the city.

Been to Seaport Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!