“Ridiculous noise police sent to our room.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ridiculous noise police sent to our room.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel threatened to throw our guests out at 9:30 pm on New years Eve because we laughing. There were 5 people total. WOW ! All in our 50"s. When guests book a multiple room suite on a holiday, they should expect that the room will be used to watch the fireworks in the harbor and friends will be invited. A policy for quiet time is reasonable but 9:30 ?

We wont go back after asking the hotel to explain why they couldn't have warned us in advance about such a strict policy. We spent thousands of dollars and were forced out of our room to a local bar to talk and laugh.

Out family and friends will not use this hotel ever.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to post a review. We are always sensitive to noise comments as we need to ensure all of our guests have a relaxing and restful visit. We regret that your New Year's Eve celebration was interrupted, and it is rare we have any noise complaints before 11PM on any given night. Please rest assured I will speak to those who responded to the noise complaint as “threatening to throw our guests out” is not an approach we condone. Thank you for letting us know so that I can prevent a future occurrence.

Vice President and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
Flanders, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently attended a 3 day conference that was held at this Hotel. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I arrived . The doorman immediately took my luggage and was extremely polite. My first thought was that this guy wants a tip for sure! Then I was astonished when I found out that he does not accept tips! All of the staff that I encountered was extremely helpful and genuinely happy to help. The food was Awesome! and the security was tight! It was certainly one of the best 3 days I have ever spent at a Hotel. I would definitely return here in the near future and highly reccommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Boston Area

Merrimac, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had stayed here for 1 night. Staff was extremely friendly. Located in the heart of the Seaport area. Lots of great restaurants. We attended the Craft Beer Brewfest and walked back to hotel across the street. Price reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. The surrounding area has really blossomed and I am glad you were able to experience all the area had to offer during your recent visit. Thank you for taking the time to write.

NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very nice hotel that's modern, but not garishly so, and immaculately clean. Welcoming staff. It has a lovely restaurant and a Starbucks in the lobby, so very convenient, particularly if you're attending an event at the convention center. However, the hotel's location is not ideal for the typical Boston tourist, as it's a pretty decent walk from most of the main attractions. The workout room offers many choices and there's a lap pool with a nice view (note that the pool was pretty cold!). If you happen to go with kids, be sure to check out the treasure chest near the front desk--such a great surprise! The room was comfortable and well appointed. The only nit was no outlet next to the bed (at least I didn't find one), so I couldn't work on my laptop from bed. Other big issue was the $33/day to park in the hotel garage. I would expect more than a $2 savings for guests of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stay at Seaport Hotel whenever I attend a convention in the waterfront area of Boston - at least once a year. The hotel is stunning and the service simply cannot be beat. A valet parked my car and a bellman quickly took my luggage inside for check in and then up to my room. I took out my wallet to tip each person but they do not accept tips at this refreshing hotel - super service!

I would like to complement Jillian, concierge, who was especially helpful to me with wonderful recommendations for dinner. She is a standout among many individuals that offered exceptional service. The front desk staff had USA Today and the WallStreet Journal delivered to my door each morning.

Everyone including the doorman, bellman, valet, restaurant staff, front desk staff, and Tina in the gift shop is so cordial and giving. It's all about service and that is why I love this hotel. The people are the glue that keeps me coming back.

Cramerton, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for a conference, and I agree is a very nice hotel with great service. However, if you are coming to Boston to visit the sites, check out the freedom trail, shop, etc. this may not be your best place. You will need to take a very long walk or likely a cab ride to get anywhere you want to visit if you stay here. Nonetheless, it is a very nice place and I was completely pleased with the clean and comfortable accommodations.

Room Tip: higher floors have much better views of boston.
Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is only a couple hundred feet from the T and another couple of football fields from the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. We went to the Auto Show and walked as far inside the BCEC to get to the show as we did to get from the hotel to the BCEC. The World Trade Center is across the street.

We had only a few requests for service and all were met right away: a room upgrade (the increment over Hotwire, allowing us to keep the Hotwire savings on a suite), early check-in, a crib for a few hours the second day, fresh towels at the pool, moving our luggage to our car the day of checkout and rapid retrieval of our car when we finally left.... None of these things are at all remarkable, but any of them might have been fumbled or refused but all were handled well.

Also, they quite clearly say "no tipping." Didn't hurt service at all. Did automatically add 18% to a bar bill with only three people. Didn't cost me anything over what I would have tipped anyway but I do not like automatic tips with small groups.

The room and the public areas were in excellent repair. We'll be back, next time with our little 3½ lb. dog -- no fee for pets!

Room Tip: We lucked into a top floor corner Executive Suite which had a "city view" but which, becau...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting Seaport for your Boston visit. I am pleased to hear that your requests were handled smoothly. Our service inclusive policy is distinctive in today’s travel environment but we find that most guests appreciate it once they become familiar. We look forward to welcoming you, and your dog, back soon.

Vice President and General Manager

Been to Seaport Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!