“Very professionally run.. Quality property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Austin, Texas
“Very professionally run.. Quality property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Was a little nervous when I walked in and saw the mid-1980's color and fabric scheme.

But what it lacked in contemporary "cool", it more than made up for it with good, classic, service. Everyone was polite, things worked as they should, the maids said "hello sir" in the hallways, the gym was well serviced, clean and tidy.

The room service people were jovial, the food was good, the room was cleaned quickly and on time. The internet didn't need any codes - it just worked.

All in all, an extremely well run hotel. And I'm not going to take a star off for the fact that the color schemes really are for really old people; but I forgive them because I'm probably not their primary demographic - and they NAILED everything else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Glassboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We both stayed and attended a family wedding at this hotel. Everything about the experience was excellent - rooms, wedding reception, location, service. It was a very memorable time! The food at the reception was extraordinary. You really could not get much better at some of the finest restaurants. What a great venue in Boston for a wedding!

Room Tip: Harbor side and 18th floor has beautiful views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and especially pleased that you enjoyed your meal at your family wedding. We take great pride in providing exceptional wedding cuisine and it’s always nice to hear feedback from our guests. I will be certain to pass your feedback along to our culinary team!

Kind regards,
James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Branson, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Boston Seaport in September. Great Hotel. Very clean, excellent service, no tipping permitted. Their concierge services were the best, helped us navigate the City with free shuttle buses and great recommendations and directions! Pricey, but worth it. We will come back to the Seaport. BN

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stopped here for three days after a cruise before flying home. We were delighted by our reception and it only got better after that!
-every employee we encountered was super friendly and eager to help
-our room was clean, clean, clean
-we even had a doorbell!
-where can I buy some of those pillows? Bedding, Sferra, was luxurious
-restaurant and lounge servers, especially Jeff and Irene, made our visit even better
-the concierge helped in so many ways
-did I mention the hetel features a NO-TIPPING policy? And they mean it. No one would accept a tip

I'd go back in a minute!

Room Tip: Ninth floor is reserved for non-allergenic with air purifiers and other amenities to keep you breath...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you enjoyed your cruise! It’s always wonderful when guests write about their encounters with particular team members and I am so pleased to hear Jeff and Irene enhanced your stay. I will be certain to pass along your comments. Thank you for selecting Seaport.

Kind regards,
James M. Carmody
Vice President & General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am an event planner, and I have stayed a million room nights at a million different hotels, (joking here) so I am happy to share with you TA readers that IT DOESNT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS. The Seaport Boston stands HEAD & SHOULDERS ABOVE the rest as this hotel knows what hospitality is all about.

I spent ten months preparing for a conference here at THE SEAPORT BOSTON. My colleagues and I enjoyed 4 site visits here before arriving for our 1200 person conference. Site Inspection visits are always a pleasure as the pressure is off, and the heat only really gets turned up when you are there and the convention begins. But with this hotel, the pressure isn't there because the staff are so capable, smart and one step ahead. I could not have had a better experience.

What was outstanding? SERVICE, the staff here are on their best because they truly love their work, it showed in how they handled our requests, our events, our dinners and in their friendly way to put our guests at ease.

Physically, the hotel is well positioned, the guest rooms quiet with excellent beds and quality linen, roomy desks, chairs you can sink in and wonderful views. The public part, the 'face' of this hotel has gotten right, its doormen are pros, the lobby is understated, the many elevators are fast, the hallways well lit, its smells great everywhere because the hotel is so well maintained and clean. It is but a quick cab ride to and from the airport or downtown, yet a world away from all that bustle, so that you can focus on your work (as I did) or leisure (as you may choose to do) on your next trip.

SEAPORT BOSTON: Its the best destination in this wonderful city. I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: My tip for a great room? As I light sleeper I always ask for ' High & Quiet'
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is a great hotel I was able to get a great rate from Berkshire Concepts, they got me a room with a great view, king size bed what more could you ask for. if your in boston try this place I think you will like it

Room Tip: King room city view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Seaport Hotel. Our room featured a nice view of the water and was really very comfortable. My major complaint with this hotel is location. A cab ride to the Newbury Street area ranged from $15-20 and varied each time I left the hotel. That's one way and it adds up quickly if seeing Boston is part of your agenda. The Boston transit system is quite frankly too confusing for your average traveler so if you stay at the Seaport be prepared to spend money on taxi cabs. Additionally, we were awakened at midnight on a weeknight by what sounded like a dance above us... loud music with base and people moving around. We never figured out what on earth was above us on the 18th floor. Fortunately the noise subsided quickly when we reported it to the desk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Seaport Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!