“Very comfortable. Attentive staff. Gorgeous setting.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Book Early and Save
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Very comfortable. Attentive staff. Gorgeous setting.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband attended a conference and I went sightseeing. The Seaport Hotel was very nice. It is right on the water and is just a step away from the Silver Line that takes you to the easy to use Boston subway called the "T". I also took a free bus that takes you from the seaport area to downtown Boston. The hotel is very comfortable and spotless. We did not have an ocean view but the room was pleasant and quiet. Restaurants close by are terrific."

Room Tip: You can ask about getting a view of the ocean but I expect they will also cost more.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was immaculate! Service is impecable! The food absolutely amazing! Loved every minute of our stay however the bed was not very comfortable! Best part tips are included... All tips! Awesome location to the harbor walk and fabulous restaurants!

• Stayed September 2011
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for such wonderful compliments. When some guests hear that cash gratuities are not accepted, they often assume there is no motivation for great service. Thank you for refuting conventional wisdom. We regret that the bed was not to your liking; we do realize that sleep surfaces are very personal. The overwhelming majority of comments on the sleep surface are very positive, especially the 400 thread count sheets and pillow library offerings. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Stayed overnight with 2 small kids. Front desk was great - even gave our daughter a little pink bear, which she carried with her constantly. They couldn't find the toy cars when we checked in, but came up to our room with a selection for our son. Had a few meals in the Aura restaurant - very kids friendly. Brought kid-safe cups. Good kids menu. Hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk with kids to the Silverline, which connects to the Red line T. You can also easily walk to South Station (red line T) in about 20 minutes. The Children's Museum is right down the street.

Room Tip: The water view rooms are great, but much more expensive.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Seaport. The hotel is great, but it's location was just ok. It's a bit of a hike to get over to the main part of downtown Boston. There isn't a lot to see or do within 10 minutes walk of the hotel. The subway is fairly close so that is a cheap way to get over into the more interesting part of the city.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Northeast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed here to see Stevie Nicks in concert nearby. I was nervous about walking late at night, but was very happy to see Police and lots of them. The streets are clean and with the police around it was safe as well. The hotel was very confusing to get into. We did park our car, and for those that are complaining about parking? Welcome to Boston. There is no parking, so everyone charges for parking. Usually while staying I try to use everything so my review is full. Not the case this time. I knew we would not have the time to use it, and it was just the convenience to walk to the concert. When we got off the elevator from the parking garage, we couldnt find the loby. It is a short walk to the Trade Center, and I think the hotel itself has big reception rooms. Like I said it was very confusing, there was a hotel worker we stopped and asked with our luggage, and he was on his cell phone, must of been off the clock, but could really have cared if we found the lobby or not. Once we finally found the Lobby and front desk, the girl was very nice. I asked her for directions to eat, and she was very good. There are pets allowed, and I asked not to be in one of the rooms because of allergies. The 9th floor is a pet free floor. The room was clean, the bed wasnt that comfy and the furniture a bit worn. For the star rating I was a bit surprised. The bathroom was very nice and their was a bathrobe on the the back door and one in the closet. There was a iron board and iron in the closet. All tips are included in the price, and that is nice but a bit confusing as well. There is valet parking if you can find the front entrance which is a side road. There are several places to eat nearby, and I will review those also in another review. We asked for additional towels and they were brought up promptly. The Lobby is very long and there are a couple places to eat right inside the hotel with a bar. The hotel is handicap friendly if you can find the front of the entrance. The door from the parking garage had handicap access except the buttons and door did not work properly. One thing that annoyed me was I had VIP tickets for the concert with parking included and they would take nothing off of my overnight parking with the ticket that I had. I was told I could place it in the parking garage metor for a discount, but the front desk refused any discount. Beware of that if purchasing tickets with VIP parking. The parking on the tickets is for the Seaport Garage. It is about a 2 1/2 block walk to the Concert.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We just returned from our 'tagging along' trip to Boston. Although my husband had to work all four days, the kids (ages 8 months and 3 yrs) and I had a fantastic time. The Seaport was a fabulous place for us to have as a 'home base'. From the moment we walked in the door, my children were treated like special guests. They got to pick toys out of a (huge) treasure chest (a big deal for a 3 year old), and were constantly doted on by the staff. Our best experience was when we got accidentally locked out of our room during a trip to the pool (the keycard demagnitized)-- a lovely maid took one look at my two tired, wet kids and let us right in. What a doll!
The concierges were always very helpful and professional. They gave us fresh maps and walking directions every morning, and made me feel quite at ease about traveling with two little ones in tow. The aquarium (Longwharf) was only a 20 minute walk away, and we also walked through downtown to Beacon Hill / Public Gardens in about 35 min.
The close proximity to the Boston Children's Museum (5-7 min walk) was another perk.... plus we booked the "Seaport Kids Package", which included four free tickets (they're pricey otherwise) to use whenever we wanted to.
The pack- n-play was perfect for my 8 month old. I so prefer those to the "Romanian Orphanage" style bar cribs that so many hotels have.
The only 'negative' I have is that the pool is definitely a lap pool set up for adults. It was on the chilly side (good for exercising, bad for little ones), but they had kickboards available that my little girl enjoyed playing with. We actually stayed here right over the time that Hurricane Irene blew into town. I was impressed by the preparedness of the staff-- we received letters in our rooms detailing emergency evacuation procedures and were kept up to date about the storm's progress by the concierge every time we saw him.
This is a full-service hotel and no one would accept any tips! Quite refreshing--
Highly recommended--
Oh-- and my husband and I quite enjoyed the 'Pillow Library' to select from. It makes it that much nicer to have a pillow that is close to the one you have at home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Seaport Hotel in Boston is a really nice hotel with modern conveniences and nearby restaurants and activities. The hotel is very clean and fairly new. Many of the nearby buildings are also new, and feature familiar chain restaurants as well as some local specialties.

The T (Boston's subway system) adjoins the Seaport hotel providing quick access to much of the city, although walking to the financial district and -- for the ambitious -- the North End is possible from the hotel.

Cabs are plentiful by the hotel, so even though it is a little out of the way compared to other hotels in Boston, it is easy to travel through the city.

The rooms feature a large clean bathroom, a flat screen television, comfortable beds, and -- in our room -- an incredible view of Boston Harbor, Logan Airport, and East Boston (Try to get rooms XX35, 36, 37 or, 38). The hotel features hypo allergenic rooms, and offers a pillow menu with a dozen or more options for pillows.

The rooms are equipped with [free] WiFi (although ours was week in parts of the room), wired internet connections, and plenty of outlets. This hotel caters to the business traveler as well as the tourist.

Although valet parking is a little pricey (comparable to other hotels in Boston, however) the valets refused my offer of a tip explaining "Service is included." That was a nice touch on our departure.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the water (XX35, XX36, XX37, or XX38 (I Think)).
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
SeaportGM, General Manager at Seaport Boston Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you. At one time there were those who thought Seaport was a little out of the way. It certainly seems that our neighborhood has become the new center of attention and deservedly so. We look forward to your return.

Kind regards,
James M. Carmody
Vice President and General Manager

Been to Seaport Boston Hotel? Share your experiences!