“Our stay in Boston” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Winchendon, United States
“Our stay in Boston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We love staying at this hotel. Every time we come to Boston, we stay at the Hilton. It is very close to the North End and an easy walk to the Boston Common. It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I always try to stay at Hiltons when traveling for business, so I booked this one for a one-night stay and was shocked to see the price tag - at about $390 for a standard room, it was significantly more expensive than the Four Seasons (which I have stayed at previously and consider to be the best hotel in Boston). I got my firm to make an exception so I could score my Hilton points and checked in, expecting something special. What i got was a standard Hilton room, rather contemporary and nice, but nothing all that fancy. The service from the front desk was extremely professional and courteous (though no one offered me an upgrade, so I suppose I had my gold member status insulted - but $400 for one night in a hotel that clearly wasn't sold out and I couldn't get an upgrade). The workout area is decent, larger than average, but hard to get to (you have to sneak down a stairway near the lobby). I tried to get some snacks from the little side area by the front desk, only to find they were missing most of the items (although this hotel is near lots of stores, I was tired and crabby and wanted a decent candy bar). I would recommend it, but only for much less than my company paid.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Boston was the last stop on a 7 day vacation along the east coast. Needless to say, everyone was exhausted, so that could play into this review. I had asaked in advance for a roll away. When we arrived, the room that had been reserved for us was not ready, but they were able to put us in another room. They said the roll away would be there momentarily. 30 minutes later, I called to let them know we were leaving to sightsee. They said the roll away would be delivered while we were out. We came back a few hours later...no rollaway. I called 2 more times before the roll away was delivered around 7pm. Did I mention that I paid $30 for the roll away? So, need less to say, after getting all kinds of excuses from the front desk, it was a little disappointing. I am a Hilton Honors member and stay almost exclusively in Hiltons. The service was not up to par of other Hiltons in which I have stayed. Otherwise, room was nice. AC was not very cool, but clean, comfortable room. Breakfast the next morning was very overpriced. We did not do the bed and breakfast rate as we were not sure if we would go out or eat in. Our buffet was $20 pperson--even for my 80 lb 12 yr old.

Boston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had multiple equipment problems in this tiny and overpriced room, but reports to repair were not effective. Heard similar reports from my other team members staying at this hotel also. Will look elsewhere on my upcoming trips to Boston next month.

pittsburgh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location was in the heart of the city , close to wharf. Rooms were extremely quite and had good quality of coffee in rooms. Getting to and from Airport was quick. Room rate was a little high but its Boston and that's the norm.

Sun City Center, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I lived in Mass. all my life, but now I have retired to Florida. Went back to visit this past week and I originally thought this hotel was in the middle of no where because back in the day, the financial district was like a ghost town after 5 PM. But...... I was so happy to see the area really booming with coffee places and restaurants, hair salons, convenience stores. We wanted to save money and not rent a car. Short walk to State St. T stop and Government Center, Haymarket Square. We walked everywhere and rode the T. Even took The blue line from the airport out to State Street stop and to the hotel!! We got two double beds, the room was big, they gave us bottled water every day, ice machine, plenty of pillows, that soft comfy white puffy topper on the beds. Saw the Custom house out our window. We went to Top of the Hub, Duck Tour, Trolley Tour, Harpoon Brewery, Harbor Cruise, shopping at Quincy Market and Prudential, fell on Boylston St. because the sidewalk was uneven, took the commuter rail out to Reading to visit family, Mr. Dooleys tavern is fantastic for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Had a great visit. came and went as we pleased. A little upset we had to pay for wi fi at the hotel! But other than that, fantastic trip to Boston, my home town.

Room Tip: We asked for two double beds, and did not have any other preferences. There was no pool, but we coul...