“Very expensive but terrifc views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Boston Harbor

You added Hyatt Boston Harbor to your Saves list
Hyatt Boston Harbor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Harborside Drive, Boston, MA 02128 (East Boston / Logan Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Fly 8-Night
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverview, Florida
“Very expensive but terrifc views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2009

This property is unique because of its location and has terrific views and beautiful rooms but the prices are reflective. Parking is also extremly high and everthing is an added charge. Food is also pricey but the view from the dining room is incredible. A great treat to stay here.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Airport suttle was extremely slow
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
1060 W Addison, Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I needed a cheap place to stay for one night before a 5:30 AM flight. Luckily, it was easy to pick the Hyatt up for $52 ($66 including taxes and fees) off priceline.

I can't say much about the Hotel. I was there for less than 8 hours, most of which were spent sleeping. But it perfectly met all my needs: the room was very nice, front desk was good, wake-up call came and the shuttle was very quick and easy.

• Liked — Airport location and availability of deal through priceline
  • Disliked — The $5 bottles of water. Who drinks those!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

Booked this hotel through Priceline for $60 ($75.26 with fees/taxes) two days before my arrival in Boston. With an impending snow storm coming I actually booked this hotel as our connecting flight from Canada arrived at 8:00 a.m. and our onward flight to London was that evening and Boston was expecting a snow storm.

Upon arrival at Terminal B, waited on the curb in the "courtesy shuttle" area for a while before I called the hotel and found out that it is necessary to call for the hotel shuttle. Hotel shuttle arrived within 10 minutes and we were off to the hotel.

TIP: It is not necessary to take the hotel shuttle, which does weave it's way around the terminals and can take up to 15 minutes to arrive at the hotel as other reviewer's have said. It is possible to take the airport's own inter-terminal shuttle bus marked "Boat Docks/Water Shuttle". Get off at the boat dock stop, it is right beside the hotel and literally 20 steps to the side hotel entry. The shuttle is free and is more frequent that the hotel shuttle.

Although I was unsure if the hotel would allow my son and I to check in at 9:00 a.m. when their posted time clearly indicates 3 p.m., I was pleasantly surprised when Louie at the front desk not only allowed us to check in, but even offered us a choice of bed type.

Our room was 1507 and had a great view across the harbor to the skyline of Boston, until the snow storm arrived that afternoon. The room did have a hotel information book; however, there were no envelopes or writing paper inside the book. The room itself was clean, modern and did have black out curtains on the window.

The public areas were also clean although there is not much of a lobby. There is a sitting area on the second floor overlooking the first floor restaurant with excellent views of the city.

As other reviewers have stated there is a water taxi service just outside the hotel to the city. However, it probably cheaper to take the shuttle to the blue line subway and get into the city this way. I met several other hotel guests who went into the city this way for dinner and they seemed quite satisfied with their decision.

All three elevators to the guest rooms are glass and offer a great view of the airport and city.

Breakfast buffet was $25; however our waitress did not charge me for a coffee and granola when my son ordered the full buffet, which I thought was nice.

Although it turned out that we didn't end up staying overnight, we did on our return journey through Boston two weeks later. Again, the room we were given on the tenth floor was facing the city with a great view of the city lights.

On our second return stay I booked from an airport Internet terminal, again on Priceline for $65 ($80.96 with taxes/fees), about 30 minutes before we arrived at the front desk.

This time I flagged down the hotel shuttle outside the terminal. Upon arrival at the desk the reservation was already in the system and was again offered a choice of bed types. The front desk even provided me with a razor and shaving cream free of charge.

On this second stay, my son and I ate dinner in the restaurant. We both had the surf & turf and the bill total came to just under $100 with drinks and gratuitity. We both thought the meal was amazing.

I used the Internet in the Business Center, just to the right hand side of the front desk. They charge 0.50 per minute with a $5 minimum. A credit card is needed. It would have been great if the hotel had a free terminal for guests to use, but I did find the speed of the Internet excellent.

On both visits we did not use the pool, but we did take a look at it. It seemed adequate with a small pool and hot tub. There is an exercise room adjacent to the pool area and there are changing facilities within the pool area.

Overall, we both a had a great experience at this hotel and would highly recommed it to anyone who may have a stop over in Boston or an early morning flight the following day.

• Liked — Location to Boston Logon International Airport
  • Disliked — Distance to downtown Boston.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2008

The best part of this hotel is the views--either of the bay and the city of Boston, or (just as intriguing to some) over Boston Logan airport, so you can watch planes take off, land, and overall airport operations. The views are great, and provide a great diversion or relief from business meetings during the day or down-time relaxation during the evening.

Another great part of the hotel is it's convenient location to the airport. From stepping off the plane to getting into my room, it took 20 minutes with the free hotel shuttle. There is a water taxi service from the hotel to Boston. And even though it's an airport hotel, it's a comfortable experience, no annoying noise from the airport (even in a room that faces the airport), and wonderfully upscale.

This hotel was selected and paid for by an organization that held a meeting there, so I can't comment on value. Staff could have been a bit more responsive in accommodating a late checkout request. But overall, it was a great stay, and much better than expectations for an airport hotel.

• Liked — Gorgeous views of the bay, Boston, and airport
  • Disliked — Dining options were not inexpensive
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Norwich, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

Having arrived tired from long days travel all started well with the free shuttle bus arriving promptly, and a friendly driver assisting with our luggage. A short drive and we were there.

Rooms at the back of the hotel have great views of the Boston Skyline and harbour but considering the amount of time spent in your room is it really worth the extra $80 per night?

Rooms on the higher floors at the front whilst not having such good views do offer an interesting view of half the airport with most runways visable - yet there was no disturbance from airport noises. Better value for $80 less - you bet!

Rooms are of a good size and are very comfortable.

However given we had to change rooms on two ocassions during a two night stay it is diffcult to recommend this hotel - specially at the premium prices charged.

On the first morning we woke to find a two foot square of the entrance carpet saturated in water from an unknown source. The maintainance staff couldn't locate the problem. The drying equipment didn't work and they were unable to get a replacement. To be fair the front desk attended very promptly and offered a free upgrade to a room with a harbour view.

The next room we were put in had a broken TV and two inch nails sticking out of a three foot section of skirting board so required a further move.

With a relatively captive audience the meals in the hotel carry an expected premium. Again to be fair the quality was very good, but both the breakfast and the evening meals we had turned out to be the most expensive (by a considerable margin) we had during our entire 3 weeks in New England!

Transportation to downtown has already ben covered in other reviews

In summary - Yes the harbour view is excellent and the rooms (when you find one without a problem) are nice but would we stay here again - almost certainly not, particularly given the price.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — problems detailed in relation to cost paid
  • Stayed September 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

I did not even have to stay at this hotel to receive a poor impression. I was charged a $25 fee to cancel my reservation 6 weeks in advance. I am told it is a Hyatt policy and after 7 phone calls have not been able to get the fee waived. This is not standard practice to charge to cancel a reservation well in advance, and I am fighting back! I will never make a reservation at a Hyatt hotel again and I am telling everyone I can about this unfair hidden fee policy.

• Stayed October 2008
Arcata, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

We stayed here for a couple of nights on both sides of our flight in and out of Boston. The hotel airporter picked us up in a timely manner and the driver went out of his way to let us know that they would take us to the subway later if we wanted to go into town. Worked like a charm, but it did take some time. Later we used the water taxi. It picks you up essentially in front of the hotel and drops you off at several locations, we used the aquarium. It costs $17.50 round trip, but is convenient.

Our room had a great view of downtown Boston across the harbor. It was well appointed, clean and quiet. The restaurant was not inexpensive, but the food was good and it also had a great view.

If I were going to stay in Boston longer than a couple of days, I'd probably stay downtown. But if you are staying for a couple of days and want the assurance of easy airport access, this place fills the bill.

• Liked — Great view, nice people!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hyatt Boston Harbor? Share your experiences!