“Don't stay here if you want your room cleaned before 5 pm.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Boston Harbor

You added Hyatt Boston Harbor to your Saves list
Hyatt Boston Harbor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Harborside Drive, Boston, MA 02128 (East Boston / Logan Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Fly 8-Night
Ranked #35 of 77 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Don't stay here if you want your room cleaned before 5 pm.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice view of the Boston skyline across the harbor.
It is not a convenient hotel for visiting in Boston. Shuttle takes you to the T but allow at least 30 minutes to get anywhere.
Staff is all very friendly
My husband I spent the day in Boston then took the T to the shuttle back to our hotel to relax before going out to dinner but found our room still hadn't been serviced.
We also had problems getting wifi in our room and were told that we were probably too far from the router. This is the kind of problem you shouldn't have in a Hyatt!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Seattle, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our stay at the Hyatt was at the end of our trip to Boston on our way back to the West Coast. We checked it and absolutely loved the view and of course the complimentary shuttle to the airport was a plus. We even had Joe at the concierge set up tickets for us to see the Red Sox's and the Yankees play. Thanks Joe! We really appreciated your help as well as helping us direct around the Subway. On another note, I am a Sales Manager for a Hotel in the Seattle/Bellevue area and I was extremely disappointed with the internet connection...I mean the no internet connection. I needed to access the internet for work and that was completely impossible to do so. I spoke with IT many times as well as the Front Desk Agents and still was not able to access the internet. I would have rather had the option to pay for the internet up in my room then have no internet at all. If you plan to use the internet to work, this won't be possible unless you use the computers downstairs, which you do need to pay for. ($5.95 for 15/20 minutes, I think...) Not having working internet in a hotel is completely unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stay at Hyatt hotels over 70 nights a year. They provide free internet for their Diamond GP members at the HR properties. They actually let you buy the internet service then credit back to the room.

I only need two things in my hotel stays...a nice comfortable bed and a decent speed internet connection for the overnight GoToMeeting Video conferences we have with our teams in Japan & India.

I had to call the tech support line two times to reset the local wireless router and it still wasn't adequate. I ended up using my mobile phone and had a extremely poor quality meeting. For over $200 per night.....you have to get tow things right...internet and a comfortable bed.

I feel sorry for the poor guests who have to Pay $20 for crap internet. When I complained to the manager he apologized......thanks man. I'll start staying at the Marriott.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Hyatt Boston Harbor, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and thank you for your continued loyalty to Hyatt. I am so disappointed to hear about the trouble you experienced with the internet signal during your stay. I can imagine your frustration. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our Director of Rooms, as well as our IT manager so that they may address these issues. I would love to discuss your stay in further detail. Please feel free to contact me anytime at michael.hickey@hyatt.com or by phone at 617-568-1234.

Regards,
Michael Hickey
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Pleasantly surprised, more like a resort hotel than a business hotel. Great staff at front desk, and Ross at the belldesk knows all. Drivers friendly too, with pickups at the airport, subway, etc - 24 hours - really worked for me. Next to water taxi for harbor crossings, great views from the room of the harbor. Well appointed, clean, bar was open til' midnite on Sunday nite! Great for airport connectors, but I'd stay downtown for longer stays.

Room Tip: Get on the harborside, upper floors
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed yourself and our hotel during your stay here. We often hear that people are surprised by the view, given our airport location, but I am always happy to hear it. Please visit again soon!

Regards,
Michael Hickey
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Hyatt Harbor Hotel was an unexpected pleasure! Right by the airport, but once there, you'd never know it. The hotel sits right on the harbor with a GORGEOUS view. It's an easy water taxi ride to any of the downtown Boston piers, restaurants, museums, activities (though the water taxi is a bit expensive - $10/one way, $17/round trip, for a 5-10 minute ride). The hotel has a very nice outdoor patio overlooking the water, The 3/4 mile Harborwalk is a very pleasant walkway that goes right by the hotel and offers continuously beautiful views of Boston and the harbor. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and clean. On the downside, there's really no lobby area to sit and visit with family/friends (other than the outdoor patio, but that wouldn't be great in bad weather). Also, I'd suggest that a few umbrellas be added to the outdoor patio area. On a sunny, summer day, during the mid-late afternoon, the patio can be too hot to enjoy with the sun, and there's really no where to sit inside (other than the restaurant, but that's not an option if not eating). Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very nice rooms, great views. A bit out of the way for eating/going out on the town but the water taxis are right there to take you across the harbor. A bit pricey but you pay for what you get - very quiet rooms and very comfortable beds. I would stay here again, but only if flying out of the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A very nice hotel, free shuttle to and from the airport and very near by. The back patio with the outdoor fire pits and the beautiful harbor view is fantastic. The downside here is it's an expensive cab ride ($25) one way to downtown which adds up quickly. You can take the shuttle to the subway if you want. One other neat thing I learned late was they have a water taxi pickup that can get you to long wharf (or other locations) for $17 round trip.

To the hotel. A typical Hyatt. Comfortable clean well maintained etc. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: if you can get an upper floor w/ a harbor view I'd recommend it. Great view of the harbor and t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Boston Harbor? Share your experiences!