“Great value, great location, on Priceline!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #72 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Edmonton
“Great value, great location, on Priceline!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We got this hotel on priceline for about 85$ per night. Small rooms, but great location right near the train station which takes you everywhere you want to go in the City. There is a great piano bar worth checking out on a saturday night. Thanks Courtyard.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We spent 3 nights at the Courtyard Boston Downtown early July 2009.

We found the hotel offered all the amenities that we needed for our trip - free internet access in the lobby, 24hr shop (very small selection - just necessities), complimentary Fitness Centre, etc.

The room we stayed in was nice. We found it spacious, clean, comfortable and for the price we paid (around £75 per night) good value. If we were to visit Boston in the future, I would have no objections to staying there again (at a similar price).

It is, as it was advertised to us, a 3*+. The room featured a nice size bed, flat screen TV, OK bathroom and decent decor. Don't get me wrong, it is no 5* hotel - but that is not what we booked.

The hotel is situated in a decent location - Theatre District (not the classiest part of town) however, it is only a 5 minute walk to Boston common and 10 minutes to the main centre (if less).

Boston is a great city to visit, and if you are planning on getting out and about all day and using the hotel as a base / decent place to rest your head...I strongly recommended this hotel. If you are looking for a 5* pamper weekend - you might want to book somewhere else.

Have Fun!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

The Courtyard by Marriott on Tremont St. is a historic hotel in an excellent location for business travelers like myself. Service and location were excellent! There were a few disadvantages, however, not enough to keep me from returning. Overall, a great hotel!

My first impression was the service on the phone was top notch. They answered the phone relatively fast, offered personalized service and estimated the cab fares within a dollar for several destinations across town. The $12 breakfast buffet was nice and included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruit, cereal, oatmeal and a few other items. The bars inside were attractive, dark and quiet. Good places to meet up for a night cap before heading up to the room.

The second impression made was the location. After I was quickly checked in, I was shown a map of the surrounding attractions and offered a list of nearby restaurants and directions. The map showed the hotel to be in the theater district and within walking distance of Chinatown and the Arts district. Theaters are right next door and across the street with big name attractions. Chinatown is a block away with it's usual exotic attractions. The Arts district is a good 5 minute walk away, which is just past the park. The cab ride from the airport was about $32 ($7 of that is the tax charged for going through the tunnel), the cab ride to the Boston Convention Center was about $8. Cab rides can be a little shady with their fees and alternate routes. Be sure to discuss rates and routes with the driver first so he knows not to cheat you. I considered taking the subway, but wasn't able to risk running late to my meetings.

There were a few issues that kept this hotel from being perfect, but not even close to being enough to keep me from returning. Scaffolding was set up in front of the facade of the hotel for some type of remodeling, but it wasn't in the way of walking along the sidewalk. I did have difficulty receiving a signal in some parts of the lobby, but that may be an issue with my carrier. This hotel does not have a pool, but there is a YMCA nearby. Although there is a 24 hr exercise room, it is limited to treadmills and the like. There were no free weights and the room was not very large. As with most historic hotels, this room was not considered large, however, it contained a queen size bed, two bedside tables, a desk and flat screen tv. The tv was mounted on the wall with a magazine rack below only sticking out about two inches from the wall. For some reason, my tv did not show a picture. I only turned it on for background noise while ironing my shirt, so it didn't disappoint me.

Overall, I felt that this hotel was an excellent choice for someone who intending on attending the theater, business trip or vacationing in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed here during the week for several nights while visiting Tufts Dental School on a business trip. The location was very convenient to multiple attractions: Boston Common, T stations, Theater District, New England Medical Center, New England School of Law, Tufts Medical/Dental/Public Health, Citi Performning Arts Center, Wang Theater, etc. Security was good in that doormen man the entrance and a room key is required for the elevator.

The room itself, while clean and beautifully, was VERY small. This wasn't a problem for me as a solo traveller and someone who's stayed in comparable European boutique hotels. However, as mentioned in previous reviews, the room would prove "cozy" for couples and way too small for families. The armoire partially blocked the window and the desk and bed dominated the room. The bathroom is a half-bath with only a shower. My room had a connecting (albeit locked) entrance to the room next door, and the walls were thin enough that the neighbors could have been in my room. That said, being on the 8th floor (of 15) kept me far enough away from street noise to get a decent night's sleep.

Check-in was routine. The staff was polite but not overly friendly. The doormen were courteous and greeted me daily. Be aware that there is NO shuttle to Logan airport but several T lines are within walking distance and cabs drive by regularly.

Were I to visit this area of Boston again, I would consider this hotel but wouldn't go out of my way to stay here. It seems odd that this hotel is considered a Courtyard Marriott given the boutique rooms and the location. There's also a Doubletree nearby, and the W Boston a half-block away should be open by November 2009.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Generally if a hotel on trip advisor has consistent reviews, both good or bad it tells you something, but as this hotel had mixed reviews and we had a budget we decided to book.

One word, mistake!

We experienced every bad point mentioned by other travelers! The front desk staff were neutral, no real welcome, we were just processed and sent on our way. Our room was European small, the smallest american room ever! Even though I requested a high room we were put on level 6 which we soon found out was the lowest guest level. We had no view and our window barely opened which was a real problem as the room was very musky smelling.

We arrived on a Friday night after traveling 24hrs from Australia and on returning to our room around 11pm were delighted to hear the mentioned night club base thumping up to level 6, which continues until the clubs shut at 2am (thank goodness Boston clubs shut early).

Didn't bother with breakfast in the hotel as there was a queue every morning and don't like brewed coffee (free or not) so didn't drink any!

To any one that books this place, you have been warned numerous times, heed the warning, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

If you are in town for business in the downtown/financial district and need a more budget-conscious option, this is a great choice. It's just outside of downtown, in the theater district and a short walk to the red, green or orange lines of the MBTA as well as a quick walk to most any location downtown. The rooms have gorgeous furniture, a nice large desk and free internet. The fitness room is decent and you can run in the Commons/Public Garden nearby. The front desk was also very accommodating, getting me into my room when I arrived from a red eye, 4 hours ahead of check-in.

For tourists, there's certainly a lot to recommend it - again, close to the T and the theaters, as well as a short walk to Newbury St/Copley Sq. And because of the theater crowd, plenty of generic, mid-priced (PF Changs, Rock Bottom) food options just out the door. However, there are a few reasons to stay elsewhere if you are primarily in town for leisure.

First, the rooms are SMALL. Totally adequate for a single, a bit cozy for a couple, can't imagine cramming any kids in there.
Second, it's LOUD. On Thu, Friday and Saturday a large crowd of folks will be at Caprice/The Roxy on the lower level of the hotel. The people waiting outside in line are noisy, and I could hear the DJ as if he were in the room next door (I was on the 7th floor).

But, overall, I had a very positive stay. I'd heartily recommend it for business and I'd still recommend it for tourists, just with those caveats.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

The Boston Marriott Tremont was a comfortable hotel. Not a large room, but perfectly fine and about what I'd expect when staying in a big city. Location is in the middle of the theater district and mere blocks from Chinatown and Boston Common. The city center and harbor is walkable but the subway is less than a block away. Exercise room was good - several treadmills and steppers, a semi-recumbent bike (bring headphones for TV hookups) and lots of free weights. Also has free wi-fi. My only issue with this hotel was that you needed a key to use the elevator and on Friday night I discovered why - on Friday night you need a key to get into the hotel, too. See, there's a nightclub on the first floor and clearly it's a traffic problem for them. Although I was on the 8th floor, I could hear the nightclub's thumping bass at midnight. I'm a heavy sleeper, but others might not be so lucky. Also, I noted huge lines at check-in when tour buses arrived. The lobby was literally filled for a full hour one afternoon. Overall, I do recommend this place, particularly for business or theater travelers.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Boston Downtown? Share your experiences!