“"First class Downtown Boston Hotel"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Quincy, Massachusetts
“"First class Downtown Boston Hotel"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband attended the Harvard Seminar last week. We stayed overnight and brought two 8 years old girls with us. While pulling up at the front driveway, we were greeted by Chuck and Reggie (Doormen). They were incredibly polite, our girls felt like "Princesses"!. After checking-in, we walked around the hotel and admired the beautiful decorations, especially the Christmas trees made of macaroons. We've seen gingerbread houses and Christmas decorations at other hotels but this was by far thinking out of box by the pastry team. While I was taking photos, Sarim and Shun kept our girls occupied. Shun had shared that she's worked at the Westin Copley for over 24 years and loves her job. It truly showed with her warm and caring mannerism. We were upgraded to the 36th floor, with a breathtaking view of Boston. It's amazing how much you could see from above (Fenway, Citgo sign, Copley mall, etc).. . Our girls loved their room so much, they felt like they were "Eloise" and wanted to live in the hotel forever. After settling in, we took our girls for a swim. The pool may be a little smaller, but it was perfect for swim laps and it kept the girls busy for a couple of hours. Overall experience from service, room, activities for kids, decorations, cleanliness, staff friendliness, shops, restaurants, etc.. was above and beyond our expectations! This will certainly be our annual December stay. We truly felt "Royalty"!!

Room Tip: Ask what view you'll have
Green Features: See comments above. Above and beyond our expectations.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Staten Island, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Location is everything. This hotel puts you in the middle of everywhere you want to go. There was a big concert for free right across the street at the park. Restaurants and great shopping nearby. My girls loved it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Letchworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed for 5 nights in November 2014. Typical westin hotel. Great location, great rooms. Very comfortable. Wifi charged which I always find a little annoying in this day and age. Had to queue for breakfast so after 2 attempts ordered room service which was very good and quick. The hotel is linked to a number of shopping centres by walkways that go above the city streets. Excellent when it's cold.
Went whale watching from the aquarium. It was brilliant but I could have picked a warmer time!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you Chrissie for sharing your 5 star review of the Westin Copley Place. I'm delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time with us during your nearly week long stay and found so many features of our hotel - from our convenient location to the comfort of our rooms - to your liking. We hope to welcome you back for a return visit again soon, perhaps even during a slightly warmer time of year!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a week, everything was just fine. My room was very nice with a great view, very tidy and comfortable. The hotel is located perfectly attached to a shopping mall and in the city center. I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Many thanks jovi900 for sharing your five-star review with us on TripAdvisor! We're so delighted to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay - from the comfort of your room to the convenience of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back from Switzerland to Boston again very soon - be well!
Holden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Stayed overnight last Friday for my daughter's nurses pinning, what a nice time. The staff was ALL so helpful, room was very nice with a great view and as always such comfy beds!!!!! Love the Starwood properties worldwide but this was a real gem in Boston!

Room Tip: 12th floor had great views
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for contributing your "wonderful stay" review with the TripAdvisor community of readers. I'm pleased to read that you and your family had such a special experience with us to celebrate your daughter's completion of nursing school. We appreciate your Starwood loyalty and very much look forward to having you all back with us again in the future.
Scituate, Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent hotel all around with the exception of horribly expensive parking. $51 for 12 hours of parking is a rip off and may make me stay elsewhere next time I am in town. Other than that the hotel is awesome! I do wish they would do something w/ Bar 10 and make it a more cozy, loungey atmosphere with music that people would actually want to listen to.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Our sincerest thanks for sharing your "excellent" review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to read that you found our property overall to be an excellent option for travelers coming to Boston. I would like the opportunity to address both of the constructive comments in your review here below.

Parking: The price for our valet parking service, as of 12/15/14, is indeed $51/day, which is also the self-park rate for our garage. This includes unlimited in-and-out privileges, but is considered pricey to some of our out-of-town visitors who are coming to visit us, especially when compared to suburban areas. I will share with you that our parking rates are competitively priced in the Back Bay area, which unfortunately has a very limited amount of spaces available to a high volume of cars. If you or your visiting guests are looking for other parking options in the area, however, there are a number of discounted options you can consider in the future. I would encourage you to check out Boston’s "Best Parking Finder" as it a great online resource I often share with locals visiting the area.

Bar 10 atmosphere: I'm pleased to share with you that we have just recently added a new complimentary live jazz offering for all of our guests to enjoy right near Bar 10 in our lobby area every Friday and Saturday night from 5-8 PM. As part of this Westin Weekend offering, we also are providing cocktail service to guests seated in the lobby during this time as well as a complimentary wine tasting on Friday nights. We hope that the next time you stay with us you enjoy these new features!

Many thanks for sharing all of your great feedback and we look forward to hosting you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My experience at Westin Copley is one of the best I've ever experienced at a Starwood property. I've traveled as a consultant for years, always with Starwood, and my experience at Westin Copley is unparalleled. I attribute a lot of that to Shana D, a highly energetic and accommodating Welcome Specialist. She knows how to treat guests and thanks to her, I keep coming back to this hotel. My room is always clean and the staff is always ready to provide the best experience possible. Two thumbs up to Shana and the rest of the Westin Copley team for making my stint at the Westin Copley a home away from home.

Room Tip: the views are spectacular. ask for a room overlooking the city
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your "Westin Copley knows Customer Service" review! We are glad you enjoyed your view of the Charles River – we think we are pretty lucky to have such remarkable views of the city. We hope to see you again during your next trip to Boston.

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!