“Good Location, great hotel but ...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Location, great hotel but ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stayed here with 2 of my teenage daughters.

Copley westin is one of the few hotels in Boston that offer 2 queen size bed and we are on a one night trip to Boston so decided to squeeze a little.

Rooms was big, clean and has a fantastic view of the river. Ths standard of room is good and wifi strong.

One of the reasons why we choose here is the locations. It is unbeatable especially for us when we travel from New York by train. It is opposite the back bay station and in very good surrounding with a mall link to it.

Getting off the train, walk within 10 minutes you will be able to check in.

The mall isnt that great for shopping but we had our seafood fill in Legal seafood.

One of the reasons why we gave it a average score is the blank out, it is leaky and day lights were coming in and affected our sleep quality especially in summer day light was early.

Check in and out was good and match westin standards

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
My sincerest thanks Fei-Low for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. It is great to hear that many elements of your stay were fantastic - from the size and comfort of your room, to the views it afforded, to the location of our hotel. I will share all of your comments with our team, who always appreciate hearing guest feedback - both positive and constructive. I hope that you will return for another visit soon and thank you again for your contribution.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
Southern US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I am a big Westin fan, and this hotel did not disappoint me. What I didn't know was that it connected to the convention center via indoor walkways and a huge, wonderful shopping mall. At the mall, there were tons of eating choices. The hotel was also very close to the other locations I had to reach for my meeting. The fitness center was larger than at some other Westins. The front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you swimmy4 for sharing such kind words about us with the TripAdvisor community! I'm thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations and that you found our hotel ideally located for your needs and front desk team friendly and attentive. On behalf of my colleagues here, I look forward to hosting you again - whether your travels bring you to Boston for business or leisure.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights recently and was generally quite satisfied. Copley Place is probably the most central location in Boston and everything is easy to navigate. The hotel is pretty sleek and modern. ℗ the double room was nice and had a good view, although the bathroom was a bit on the small side. Speaking of the bathroom, the toilets flush like an airplane with a violent roar. Does the job, but you can hear the flushes from other rooms. I found the service to be quite good and one of the staff had check in was especially helpful in solving a problem I had to get a fax through on short notice. It's a good thing, because the business center is quite lame, really just two computers and printers inan open area off the lobby with no privacy at all. The only warning I would give is that the hotel is quite large and bustling. Not a boutique feel at all. Always lots of people milling around the lobby and bar including corporate meetings and sports teams. If that doesn't bother you, then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a nice view
Green Features: No comment. Seems fine. They had the standard offer to not wash towels and linens if requested.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I am so pleased to hear that you and your family has a great recent stay with us. I am thrilled that you found our staff helpful and friendly, and that you enjoyed our location and views from your room. Thank you also for pointing out that we are indeed a large hotel centrally located in a bustling area in Boston. It is important for our guests to know prior to arrival what kind of hotel we are so that we can meet and exceed their expectations. I hope that you and your family will visit us again soon.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Love staying here- it's classy , friendly, incredibly central, ask for a room high up and the views are breath- taking- free wifi in lobby- Boston is fab- we have a room for 5 of us and it's quite spacious.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you Julia for your contribution! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed so much of what makes our hotel special - from our room's spectacular views of Boston to our hotel's central location and complimentary wireless internet in the lobby. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days on a business trip. The best part about the hotel is its location - right in the center of the city, also close to the place where the Duck tours start from. Just perfect! They also allowed us late check out without any hassles. Highly recommended. They also gave me 500 bonus SPG points for not changing the bed sheets overnight.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your business trip stay with us such an enjoyable experience. Our hotel's location as well as room views are aspects that both our business and leisure travelers appreciate. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your contribution.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Location was outstanding, could walk to tons of places...Newbury street, Boston Common, start of Freedom trail are all close by. Tons of places to eat but we fell in love with the Cheesecake Factory over at the Prudential centre. Hotel is attached to Copley Mall which had very high end shops, nice to look but a tad out of our holiday budget spending money!!!
Rooms are great, good size (we were in 1802), great view of city and river, starbucks coffee in room, modern bathroom. Beds are very squishy, comfortable to watch tv on but a bit too soft for sleeping for me. All the staff were brilliant, friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in 1802, good view of city and river
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you kindly for sharing your stay with us. I am elated to know that your family's stay with us was so thoroughly enjoyable. Our property's convenience to all of Boston's best shopping, attractions and dining is truly one of our biggest strengths and I'm happy to hear you took full advantage of this. Moreover, I'm pleased to hear that our associates provided such attentive service to you all. Please do come back and stay with us again.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Rooms were fine, great location, helpful staff. We spent a lot of time waiting for lifts. Although the hotel boasted 6, it was common to wait up to 15 minutes for a lift. Staff told me it was because they were full, it told me the equipment couldn't handle the busier periods.

Room Tip: Visit during quiet times. We were there July 4 weekend, and the infrastructure didn't cope.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Gavan for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you found our staff helpful and that you enjoyed our hotel's rooms and location. I am sorry to hear that you experienced delays waiting for our elevators. We strive to accommodate all of our guests even during our busiest periods and please do know that this occurrence is not representative of the typical guest experience. I will share your feedback with our engineering team and I hope that you do pay us a visit again soon.

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!