“room service, not so much” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Boston
UK
“room service, not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is generally a very good hotel. The particular things I like after my multiple stays is that the beds are really great and provide a good sleep, the general overall quality is good, the staff is good and attentive. However, at this particular location the room service for some reason is particularly lacking! The newspaper I left on the floor wasn't touched (one would expect it to be put on the table or something), a shirt left on the bed was just thrown on the side table (one would again expect it to be folded and placed on the bed), the dust has only been cleaned where accessible - none of our stuff was moved to clean under or around, including in the bathroom (which seems rather strange to me). The whole impression I got was that the room service was more to get rubbish out and replenish any of the supplies that have run out, rather than to actually clean the room.

Room Tip: ask for a long corner room with a river view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate that you generally have a good stay with us, and it sounds like you come back regularly and that we missed a few things on your last trip? Please feel free to connect with me personally. We take great pride in the services we provide although we do occasionally run into a training issue. I would be delighted to connect with you, as the Hotel Manager I try my best to get to know our frequent guests. Feedback like yours helps us improve. Thanks again! John.Wedig@westin.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed here to celebrate Fourth of July. We missed the fireworks due to the rain but the hotel made up for it...the river views outside our windows were amazing. We love that the hotel was connected to 2 nice shopping malls. Our teens was never bored. The location is excellent. If we return to Boston, this will be our hotel to stay.

• Stayed July 2014
We are glad that you took advantage of our location and that you had a great stay! A lot of people were disappointed when the fireworks were canceled but many of our guests made the best of it, and it sounds like you and your family did too. Our crosswalks between the malls allow for miles of walking and site seeing regardless of any weather conditions. :-) Please come back again!
Berlin, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The westin Copley place was a great hotel. The staff there is very friendly and goes above and beyond. The gym is huge as well as the pool. You get a great view. You can see the Charles River,John Hancock building, many surrounding churches and many other things.It is close to Fenway Park(10 minute walk) and is connected to the Copley mall and Prudential Building by a sky bridge.There is also a t-station nearby. the rooms are great and the junior suite can fit 5 adults. The bathroom was tiny with horrible flushing but the amazing and spacious shower made up for it. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we are so glad that you had a great stay. Our team works very hard at trying to personalize and experience for each guest, and we agree we are very fortunate to have such a great location. Come back soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I cannot say enough good about this hotel! We checked in on Friday morning at 9:30 am and they had a room for us that early in the morning, and were kind enough to give us a 3:00 pm check out on Monday. The room was comfortable and roomy and the bathroom was huge. From the in room safe to the amenities there was everything you could think of--even free water in bottles.

The most heavenly thing was the bed! I have never slept in a more comfortable bed in any hotel I have ever stayed at. So much so that I didn't even want to get up on my last day (even though I eventually did). Also the hotel is pet friendly and it was great to see dogs enjoying their stay too.

The staff was wonderfully phenominal: helpful, friendly, and excellent in every way. I have never run into such a great bunch of people in such a large hotel.

Bar 10 was a great place to finish off the evening with a Sam Adam's or a Dark & Stormy. Great attentive staff and really good drinks.

The location was perfect for walking all over the Back Bay and places beyond. Very close to Swan Park, Beacon Hill, Newberry Street. The T station is close and there are always cabs around when you get too tired to walk.

Fablous hotel, beds, and staff--you just can't beat that! Thank you Westin for making my stay in Boston perfect!

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor and never heard any noise. I don't think you can go wrong with that!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much! We really appreciate your kind comments and hope that you come back soon. We are thrilled that you had a great experience with us.
DUBLIN, IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Super hotel, very helpful staff throughout, starting with Juan at reception, extremely pleasant. Lovely spacious rooms. Dining sampled was the buffet breakfast (extensive choice but quite expensive for a family of 5, only did once!) and Bar 10 for a late night supper (well priced & good). Small deli (Ingredients) close to concierge excellent for tasty sandwiches, fresh fruit and chowder (the latter after 12 noon) – much better option for breakfast or lunch if on the move. Overall happy to recommend and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words in regards to our diverse array of dining options. We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience - and thank you for the recommendation! We look forwarding to having you back again soon.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

When I stayed here the lady in the front desk made sure I had a fantastic experience. The room I had booked was for two people two queen beds but my travel companion fell ill so she couldn't make it. I let the lady know at check in and she let me know that even though they didn't have any single bed rooms available she would upgrade me to a room with a view. She asked me what I wanted to look at and I of coarse said the river. I had a beautiful view and she called to make sure I liked my room and told me if I needed anything not to hesitate to call the front. Everyone there made me feel so welcomed they really brightened up my trip.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for such kind feedback and for your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that your experience with our front desk staff was top notch - they are absolutely wonderful and I'm glad you were able experience some of our incredible river views. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. ]
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The bed was amazing and the staff were so very helpful. Attached to the hotel is a shopping center and a Starbucks. We didn't use the gym or pool, but heard they were top notch. The housekeeping staff were willing to help in any way. The concierge went above and beyond. Nice, lively, bar and restaurant. The Copley Square area is also amazing. The architecture is amazing. We were within walking distance to so many things!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!