“Vallet 100$ to park and I saved them about 1500$ in damage” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Boston
new haven CT
“Vallet 100$ to park and I saved them about 1500$ in damage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

On 12-30-13 to 1-1-2014 we stayed at the Westin Copley, as we entered the Vallet sevice area (2 seperate SUV's/ 2 seperate rooms) the bell man brought a large metal cart over to take our bags, however the cart was on a Hill, the cart then took off full speed into my brother in laws car which I caught and saved before there was too much damage.. We were assured by the vallet and the manager that they would take car of both of our parking.. the next day i recieved my bill and low and behold the parking charges are on the bill as well. Unfortuantely due to it being new years day the lines were was too long to address this especially with 4 small children, we frequent Boston alot, and never run into any issues, i just believe that if hotel staff promises to take care of something that was clearly their fault and does not it is pretty bad business.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I am very sorry to hear about the parking troubles you encountered during your stay - they are not typical of the service we offer. I regret that we were unable to address the problem prior to your departure.

I believe that the charges have since been removed from your bill, however I would love to speak with you further to gather some more information and to ensure that the matter has been dealt with properly. Please email me at john.wedig@westin.com at your earliest convienence. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed four 4 nights over New Years. The hotel staff were very helpful with any queries we had, all the way from the guys outside looking after valet parking to those at concierge. We had never visited Boston before and they pointed us in the right directions for restuarants and places to see. Our room was on the 25th floor with amazing views over the Charles river and the trinity church. The room was very large and everything was of a high standard. Great gym and pool. We had a room only booking but the staff were really helpful in pointing us to places to grab breakfast. We also ordered room service on the first night when we returned from the harbour and it came within 20 minutes and was out of this world! Can't recommend this hotel enough, it's near enough to all the attractions all within 20 minutes walk. Will most definitely be returning.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a great feeling to see that we satisfy our guests. We strive to tend to your needs and go above your expectations. I look forward to seeing you during your next stay.
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at the Westin because it was centrally located to the First Night Boston activities. This was my first stay at this Westin property and it didn't disappoint. It is similar to the many other Westin hotels where I've stayed. The room at the Westin Copley was large, comfortable and clean and included complimentary spring water and Starbucks coffee in the room. The service staff were friendly and helpful.

Some areas for improvement: the elevators are slow and we had to wait 5 minutes or longer for an available elevator. Also, the overnight parking is $49 which seems expensive

Room Tip: rooms on high floors offer a view of the river.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnWedig, Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We also love our staff. We hope you stay again soon.
Littleton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Spent the Christmas holiday at the Westin Copley. Reserved 2 great corner suites. Rooms were perfect, Reservation agent was awesome and added some perks to the reservations. Front Desk staff not so much. Clearly didn't want to be there on Christmas Eve. Prerequested room notes made with reservation agent were all missing including the breakfast coupons. Front desk agent made no attempt to assist. no appology, no let me look into it, nothing. Passed me the room keys and that was it. I had to ask if he could tell me where the elevators were as we had no idea. Not a very welcoming start to the stay. Entered a dark, cold suite. Surprised this level of hotel wouldn't have set a light on or turned on the heat. Room was in great shape and well appointed. With so few staying in the hotel over the holiday you would think you might get some staff attention checking in but not here. Had to pay for all of us at breakfast since he wouldn't even ask someone about the coupons i had been offered. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Would I stay here again, no. Every hotel in boston has nice rooms, but its the staff who make the experience. Clearly this hotels front desk staff needs more training.

Room Tip: Ask for a Jr. Suite on any of the floors, with the room number ending in "12'. Fantastic v...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I am a huge starwood property fan and overall enjoyed my stay here. With that said, I was disappointed that my sister and I had requested an early check in. I know they can't guarantee it but you would think that after our second time asking at 1-2pm they would try to be more accommodating. The front desk was very matter of fact that no the rooms weren't ready-didn't really feel like they cared or were trying to work with us. I then got to the room and asked if internet was included, as I recall that as a gold member they always ask if I want extra points or internet when checking in. Lincoln at express service ended up being very helpful. After I explained I have a card that says I'm a gold member til February and him verifying all of a sudden they were accommodating - for spg members and all of the business we give them,I would have hoped they would try to work with us a bit more. Rest of stay good and food yummy in the restaurant.

Room Tip: The higher up you are- better view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I am dismayed to read about your experience with the front desk, as this is typically not the case. I have shared your comments with the staff. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - you're comments will help us improve in the future.
Nashville, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I was staying at the Westin Copley for work. Because I have gone on work trips in which the hotel accomandations were taken care of on a work credit card, I called before my visit to make sure I had everything set up because I knew I would not have the card paying for the room with me. At check in I was told by Shazia Bi <Shazia.Bi@westin.com>, that my I must have the credit card to pay the balance on the room. I told her that I had filled out the Credit Card Authorization Form Confirmation in October and everything should be in the system. I asked her if she would like to see the email. She told me, "no, she would have to get approved by her supervisor and it had to be in the system for her to be able to do anything". Well after her 15 minute search was unsuccessful, she asked me to send her the email. I stated oh now you want to see the email I offered 15 minutes ago. After about 10 more minutes she went on and gave me a room. Once I arrived in the rooms there was drilling/hammering going on in the room above me. I called down to the front desk and they stated they wouldn't be drilling/hammering after 5 pm.

The room was nice but I won't be staying again because of customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your interaction with our front desk. If you have the time, I would love to speak with you further to learn more about the situation. Please email me at john.wedig@westin.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

The best things about this Westin are the location and views (from the top floors). If you're planning to be a tourist in the city, it's nestled right in the center of the commercial/shopping area. Because it's so large, it's easy to get upgraded to a higher floor or even a suite if you have status with Starwood. The biggest downside is how dated everything is. The carpets, furniture, finishings, the building itself, etc. could all use a solid facelift.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms on higher floors get a spectacular view of Back Bay, the river, and Cambridge on...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It will help us improve in the future. Our views really are breathtaking and being connected to the two malls makes getting around the city much more bearable during the colder months. I hope we will be seeing you again soon.

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!