“Comfortable Beds, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Boston
Hartford, Connecticut
“Comfortable Beds, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here for a girls weekend in Boston. Got a decent price by reserving it online through trip advisor and found it was well worth the money. Just a block from the T station and right off the pike, prime location! Beds were extremely comfortable after a long day in the city!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Copley Place during your girls weekend. I certainly agree with you, our location is great. We are centrally located to so many shops, attractions and dining. Thank you again, and I hope you and your friends stay with us next time as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My husband and I boarded a plane from Boston heading to Chicago to visit old friends we had not seen in 7 years. Well, after sitting on the plane at the gate for 1 1/2 hours the pilot said there was a mechanical problem that could not be fixed and the flight was cancelled. There was not another flight that would get us in that evening until midnite which meant our plans for the evening were ruined so we cancelled our trip as well. We left the airport and decided rather than go home (we live 20 minutes from Boston) we would stay the night in Boston since we had our suitcases packed anyway. The front desk agent Daniel G. heard our tale of woe and put us in an amazing room on the 35th floor with incredible city views. We had stayed at the Westin before but never in such a room. We can't thank Daniel enough for turning our sadness into gladness. We will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend ito others. Thank you again Dan! You were amazing.

Room Tip: We stayed in 3519. Amazing city views and super large room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place, we truly appreciate your business. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your trip, but am thrilled that Dan was able to turn it around for you. He does great work and really has a passion for assisting our guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you again, and I hope we will see you again soon.
South San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I'm an SPG member and enjoy staying at Starwood properties.
I was supposed to stay at the Sheraton for a conference, but they were fully booked, so I stayed at the Westin instead.

As it's my first time in Boston and here for a full week, it was nice to have a hotel that was central to everything. And I do mean everything. I could walk to the convention center by going straight through the mall. That was convenient when the temps outside dropped to the 20's.

The lobby is quite nice and modern with an oddly small fireplace. Service and courteousness of the staff was what I expected from Westin. THey even left a message on the room VM on my last nite to see how my stay was and if I needed transportation to the airport.

So why the 3 stars?
1) These walls are thin. Every flush, you can here. Someone next door runs the bath tub faucet, and it sounds like niagara falls. If you talk just slightly above a whisper, you can hear almost every word. That's quite annoying. You can even hear the TV and opening of doors and closets.
2) I was given a room on the 11th floor, which is odd, as that's the lowest floor I've gotten in a long long time. I should have asked if there was anything higher. But being on a lower floor, I can hear every siren, road noise, the works. Oh well.
3) The toilet seat isn't screwed on right. It's slightly off center.
4) Lobby bar is on the small side.
5) Gym is nice and clean but limited. Pool is currently being renovated.
6) Elevators are slow. Maybe it was a good thing I was on the 11th floor? The elevator stops at the floor, and it feel alike 5-8 seconds before the doors actually open.
7) Half the elevators don't "ding" when it arrives, nor do the lights work, showing you it has arrived.
8) There's a buzzing sound when you use the room phone to call ExpressService. It's very low call quality.
9) Internet was modestly fast but would experience slow downs from time to time.

It's a good hotel, but there are a lot of small stupid things that are annoying, especially for staying a full week. The details are somewhat lacking, but it certainly is livable. It's like the hotel has been "thoroughly used."
I expected a little more from a Westin property (especially at the price), but it was still OK. I'd come back, but definitely request a higher floor… and hope for quieter neighbors who don't draw a bath at 3am.

Room Tip: Get a high floor and hope you don't have loud neighbors.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JohnWedig, Hotel Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Westin Copley Place during your stay in Boston, and your continued Starwood loyalty. I am dismayed to hear about all of the nuisances you experienced during your weeks stay. I am sorry very sorry about this, but thank you for the feedback. I will be sure to forward this information to the appropriate team members in order to work towards improvements.
Thank you again, and I do hope that we will see you again soon.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Boston is not cheap. This hotel was affordable because I paid for my 3 nights in advance. By doing so, I got a beautiful junior corner suite. The staff at the front desk were top notch. The hotel was very clean. I never heard any neighbors which was great. I was super impressed.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. The corner suites are a very good size with great views of the area. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you again and we hope that you come to visit us again soon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A: excellent proximity to subway/well-positioned to move around Boston and the surrounding areas with ease; great view of the Charles River; spotless room with modern/recently updated look; well-designed to be busy, bustling, engaging on the lobby floor and skyway to the attached mall while maintaining very quiet, subdued room/upper floors; concierge accessible and helpful
B: Pool/spa under renovation during our stay. We were allowed to use the pool (adequate) at the Sheraton Hotel at the opposite end of the enclosed skyway/mall- a 15-20 minute walk for our fit/energetic party of three.
Cs: None! Would definitely stay at the Westin again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place during your visit to Boston. We appreciate your business. I apologize for the inconvenience of the pool renovation while you were here. Unfortunately, there is never a good time to do these face-lifts, but it is a necessity so we can keep all of our amenities renewed and fresh for our guests.
Thank you again for your kind words regarding our property! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Saratoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with my wife and kids. We got a Jr Suite on the 15th floor. Overall I found the hotel to be very clean and well maintained. Great access to Copley Square shopping and eating. The room was huge with a comfy bed and pull out sofa. The bathroom was on the smaller side but well appointed. There was a safe and fridge but no microwave. We were told that it would cost extra to rent one. Wifi was free if you signed up as a Starwood Preferred Member (which is also free). Its nice that we can hook upto 3 devices to the wi fi network.
Overall a great experience and would stay again if I find myself in Boston.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while visiting Boston. We truly appreciate your business. I can’t agree with you more, we do have a great location and the rooms are a very good size with great views of the area. I am glad you got to take advantage of the free WiFi.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Overall, this hotel provided excellent service. We had a wonderful room on the 24th floor overlooking the Charles River. Very comfortable beds. Copley Square is located in the centre of the city so you are within walking distance of many of the attractions Boston has to offer, including museums, parks, shopping and historic sites.
We felt the daily parking rate was exorbitant ($50) given the nightly room rate, and to charge for internet service really is surprising!

Room Tip: Charles River view is wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Westin Copley Place while staying in Boston. I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the room and the view. The view overlooking the Charles and the Back Bay is amazing.
In regards to the charges for Wi-Fi and Parking, I am sorry that you were displeased , but I would like to point out that our pricing is in line with all of the hotels in our category in the area. Next time, please take advantage of our free Wi-Fi in our lobby area.
Thank you again. We look forward to seeing you again!

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!