“Expensive but great location-no refrigerator” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 77 hotels in Boston
Delmar, New York
“Expensive but great location-no refrigerator”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was traveling with my daughter and granddaughter for Mothers Day. My granddaughter is three. The location of this hotel is great, close to everything. It is even close to a grocery store so we could get soem things for the room. It was quite expensive. The breakfast buffet was expensive but very nice. I asked for a refrigerator for my daughter's medication but there was none available. The lady at the desk said she would try to find one but she never called us back. I should have called first but I didn't think it would be a big issue. The was a refrigerator in the room with stuff for sale with warnings about not touching anything or you would be charged. There was a tray with snacks including candy. Unfortunately my granddaughter moved a small bag of red licorice and our room was charged $8. She didn't even lift it-just touched it. I reviewed our bill on line before checking out and found it. When I called the charge was removed. The TV has no channels small kids like (no Nick Jr. or Disney), We had to purchase a package of PBS shows for over $10 so there would be something our three year old could watch.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator for milk or medication call well in advance.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, May 31, 2013

I am sorry that you were not able to secure a refrigerator...I beleive you were here on a weekend where the 75 extra refrigerators that we we have were in high demand...we have odred another 50 to alleviate some of that pressure on weekends....also in a couple of weeks we are putting in our lobby a high end Grab-n-go grocery called INGREDIENTS, where you can pruchase snacks, salads, sandwhiches or drinks and we are elimintating the in-room Private Bar...we will leave the cooler portion but will be removing the snacks...they are too expensive and a source of great frustration for our guests and we think that Ingredients will be a much better option.

1,892 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We also found this to be in a great location........near everything we needed or near the transportation to take us where we wanted to go. Hoping to come back to Boston in the very near future and look forward to staying here.......no reason to stay anywhere else

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I travelled to Boston for a three night stay at the Westin and had a great stay. The hotel was incredibly well presented, clean, tidy and the staff were always willing to help with out enquiries. The food in the restaurant was excellent, as was the atmosphere in the bar. The hotel also boasts an excellent view of the city and the Charles River so make sure you try and get a room which is high up.

Room Tip: Try and book a room as high up as possible on the side facing the Charles River. Corner suite was a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

I also want to thank you for your comments on our staff...we are very proud of all of them and your comments just validate for us that they put service first and foremost and that is 90% of the battle.

Orono, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a great location! Right next to the T! Rooms were spotless and beds were heavenly! I did have a hard time getting extra pillows, but I chalk that up to the employee I was talking to. I reccomended it!

Sorry to hear that you had a bot of a challenge getting extra pillow...should not be and issue and I will look into this.

Minnetonka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

During a recent business trip to Boston I stayed at the Westin Copley Place. It is a lovely contemporary hotel with a lot of class. The best part was the service I received from Marise Rice, a concierge at the Westin. I left my iPhone in a limo that brought my group back from dinner. Once I realized what had happened, Ms Rice sprung into action. She called the restaurant, got the name and number for the driver and within 15 minutes my phone was back in my hands. What could have been a disaster became a minor bump in the road. Thanks!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent busness trip at the Westin Copley Place...I am delighted you were able to stay with us while visiting Boston.

I also want to thank you for your comments on our staff...we are very proud of all of them and Marise is no exception....I will make sure she is aware of your comments and I must say that your comments just validate for us that they put service first and foremost and that is 90% of the battle.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for three nights on a weekend trip to Boston. Overall, the hotel was great. The rooms were spotless, very large and comfortable. The location is also fantastic (close to lots of shopping, sights, etc.) However, for such a high end, and centrally located hotel, I was shocked at how awful the concierges were. I approached them several different times to inquire about good restaurants, nice areas to walk around and good day trips. They were never able to provide any real advice aside from recommending a couple restaurants in the immediate area surrounding the hotel. It was very frustrating because instead of relying on them for information, I had to spend time doing my own research to find out which restaurants were best, etc. In my opinion, a good hotel really should have knowledgeable staff to point guests in the right direction when it comes to restaurants and sightseeing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

I am terribly sorry to hear that you did not find the concierge's helpful. WE generally get very good comments about their level of service and knowledge so I am not sure why they were not as helpful with you...I sincerely apologize and will make sure our Director of Guest Service is aware of your comments.

Whiting, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were not expecting the view we received when we got into our room, all I can say is WOW! It was just terrific, the entire sky line of Boston, and the Charles. Just lovely. The room was immaculate, the bed was terrific, amenities very nice, a great stay!

Room Tip: I made my reservation on priceline, and used the navigator to help.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place...I am delighted you were able to stay with us while visiting Boston. We can't agree with you more on the location...central to everything! And those views! Really Spectacular!

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!