“Great room” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Boston
“Great room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Terrific upgrade to corner suite with views of river. Big, comfy, clean, and service couldn't be better. Easy walk to hotels, restaurants, convention center indoors or out. Good high speed Internet and great shower.

• Stayed May 2013
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place...I am delighted you were able to stay with us while visiting Boston. We can't agree with you more on the location...central to everything...and those views!

I also want to thank you for your comments on our staff...we are very proud of all of them and your comments just validate for us that they put service first and foremost and that is 90% of the battle.

Once again thank you for your comments and please do come back and visit soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
Alpharetta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

For me Westin's have a certain niche, an upscale hotel with somewhat modern but efficient decor where every day details are taken care of. The Coply Place hotel had much of the Westin character but missed with the details.
Location is excellent, a less than five minute walk to either the Green or Orange Line, A few minutes longer and your at the Public Gardens and then Boston Common. Commonwealth Ave and Boylston Street are nearby as is an entrace to the Mass Pike. Of course Coply Place maal is across the street,
I had a deluxe room on the 11th floor, that means a strange shape, a little more space than a standard room and zero view despite having a window on each of two sides of the triangle, just too low a floor. The closet was adequate with a safe located where it did not compromise the effectiveness of the closet. There could have been more hangers but the number was adequate for my short stay. A plus was a number of hooks in the closet.
There were only three drawers available for clothes storage, the large cabinet was occupied with the minifridge bar. The flat panel TV was somewhat small for many hotel rooms today but would probably have been perfectly adequate. There was a snack display with signage that said you would be charge for anything that was removed from the sensor.....this was the first thing that caused me concern.
The work area was a glass table with power, connectivity and a lamp. This was all I needed.
The bed/sleeping area had two night tables, one with a fake drawer and one with a real drawer. There was space for storage/shoes down low. Lamps were fine providing enough light and multiple settings.The alarm clock could connect with iPods and other mp3 players, a nice touch.
The bed......seems like the Heavenly Bed has disappeared, what remains is fine but seems a step down. The linens were fine and the duvet was excellent, nice and puffy and warm.
Bathroom was small at 6 x 6, with a granite counter with no storage underneath. There was a hook on the bathroom door but not a very effective one. The tub/shower combo was large enough, but like the Heavenly bed the bowed curtain rod seems to have disappeared. The shower itself was a "rain" style with a handheld unit as well. Towels were more appropriate to a Sheraton, small and not particularly plush.
The exercise facilities were a little small for the size of the hotel, no one was waiting at 6 am but there was not a lot of spare equipment or space.
Issues.....attention to details. A deluxe room but no robe and it took almost an hour to get one. One set of drapes appeared to have been inoperable for a while, unlike the robe this was dealt with quickly but should have been reported by the staff. Towel replacement...started with three got down to two and stayed there.
Pluses.......staff was accommodating, seeme d eager to please/make thing right.

Room Tip: Low floors have no view. High numbers on high floors should have a view of the harbor. Low numbers...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Your comments give us alot to think about and work on...as an aside we have the very latest version of the Heavenly Bed here at the Westin Copley Place..our standard is 6 pants hangers and 4 ladies hangers...we will make sure we are not missing this standard in any other rooms. typically we would have the bowed Heavenly Shower Rod, however because of the design of the bathroom and the door when the hotel was built in 1983, the door would hit the curved shower rod every time you opened it so we had to make a decision and elected to leave the straight rod in the bathroom. Regarding the workout room, I would have to respectfully disagree with you on size...we never have 17 peices of cardio equipment and circuit equipment and free weights and while many hotels think of the health club as an afterthought, our equipment is all new and we very seldom have anyone who has to wait for equipment even during peak times...

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just wanted to compliment the staff of the Westin on the phenomenal job they did during the events that clouded the Boston Marathon this year. I ran the race and had just gotten back to my room when I heard the first bomb. The staff at the hotel could not have been nicer or more helpful, despite the many challenges they were facing. I'll be back next year to run again and will definitely stay at the Westin! Thanks to all for the wonderful service. (Oh and the rooms, restaurants, and fitness center are nice too!)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place while competing in the Marathon...I am delighted you were able to stay with us despite the harrowing events that took place that day. Your kind comments on the way we handled the situation mean everything to us...it is not necessarily a situation that you ever have to deal with, but our emergency traing has paid off and as you mentioned I think we offered a calm osasis in what was otherwise a terrifying ordeal. the Westin like all citizens of Boston are BOSTON STRONG!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

was there a day after the bombing. city and people were distressed but the reservation staff held up well and was very professional although they were under a lot of strain. we were equally distressed and confused when the lockdown was enforced and the universities closed as i was there to attend the university open house with my son. we had to extend our stay and the reservation staff tried her best to secure me a room at the best rate she could get and gave us free in room wifi, which was really helpful as we needed to keep in touch with what is happening to decide if we should stay or leave. really appreciate the level of professionalism and assistance. chambermaid was very cheery and also encouraging, telling us that in all her 20 years in the city, they have never had an incident like this. sense a great homeliness about the place and the staff.

only hiccup was the heating wasn't working and the first technician sent claimed that i just have to wait when it was pretty obvious that there was no heat coming out of the vents even when set to maximum heat. upon my insistence he said he will send an electrician but nothing was done for the next two days. on day 3, i informed front desk and this time, a second technician came and fixed it straight away. felt they should have followed up on whether the problem was fixed.

location is great, walking distance to newbury road and to the train station which was great as we took the amtrak. the hotel is also linked to the copley mall via a covered linkway which is good especially when the weather turned very cold. which also acts a good covered short cut to the amtrak station directly across the street from the mall. has shops like banana republic, gap, coach, to name a few. also has a legal seafood restaurant which has very good seafood.

we requested for a room with a view and were given a room on the 32nd floor. quiet and beautiful sunlight streaming in. room is spacious and well appointed. the gym is also very well equipped and maintained with earphones provided and shoes and gym clothes available for rent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place...I am delighted you were able to stay with us while visiting Boston and the local Universities. It is too bad that it happened to be the week of the bombing and you wer not able to see the school your son wanted to attend. Perhaps you can come back and we can help you with that. We can't agree with you more on the location...central to everything!

It was a very stressful week for everyone but we are very proud of the way our team responded and reacted on behalf of all guests that were with us...we provided a calm oasis in what was otherwise a terrifying ordeal.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Was hesitant about going through with this trip after the bombing BUT I am glad that I did. The service was great and the people were happy that we came. As I came back from my morning jog the valet had bottle water and a towel waiting for me. The location is great and the town is strong.

• Stayed April 2013
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Deat dfosterstol,

You are correct dfostertol, we are BOSTON STRONG!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here for a conference the week after some stressful/sad/scary events for the people of (and many visitors to) Boston, but the hotel seemed to be in fine condition despite that. The hotel staff I encountered were friendly.

Pros: Nicely appointed room, clean, great breakfast buffet options (if a little pricey), great service eating in the bar, good location for Newbury St and other good sights in Boston.
Cons: Not as well located for BCEC (need to take a cab). No downstairs lobby/ambiance to speak of. The handle on my shower fell off when I went to turn it on. (I was able to put it back on to use the shower but it seemed to be stripped. I should have reported this to staff but was so busy with the conference that I forgot.) Also, I tried to update some information on check-in, but on check-out, it was not corrected on the bill, and in fact some info that I hadn't tried to change was now incorrect. When I tried to call about this the morning of check-out, I was told it would be at least a 15-minute wait on the line because they were busy. It's not a huge deal, but I wasn't able to resolve it then and there, and felt a bit frustrated that it could have been avoided if the info was updated when the staff person took my info initially on check-in.

Overall, though, I thought the hotel was fine and staff were nice, and would likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place...I am delighted you were able to stay with us while visiting Boston. We can't agree with you more on the location and views...central to everything and those views are spectacular!

I am sorry to hear that you had complications with your shower handle and your bill...there really is no excuse for not getting it right after you pointed it out to us...I will share your comments with our Front Office Manager in an effort to preclude the same from happening again...

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This place is not great, but it's not terrible. It's an average hotel in a really good location. Because there are other similar hotels in the area, I would only stay here if you get a good deal. The location is excellent and the views are great. Rooms are nice, but walls are SUPER thin (we could hear entire conversations of our next door neighbors) and service is spotty.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MJorgensen, General Manager at The Westin Copley Place, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Avontrvlr,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Copley Place. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to do so, although I must say I was disappointed to see that we did not meet your expectations...my apologies for missing the mark here.

I hope your travels will bring you back to Boston soon and if so we would love to welcome you back the Westin...

Been to The Westin Copley Place? Share your experiences!